Username Post: Circle cutter        (Topic#1482445)
mjloyd
mjloyd 
New Kid On the Block
mjloyd

I've looked at several of these and can't decide which would be the best one to start out with. I'm just a beginner but I'm becoming a true addict!

Thanks,
Janie

elledee
Guru
elledee
In response to mjloyd

well i personally use this cutter, all you have to do is refill the blade. although i've had trouble cutting circles that are smaller than 2 inches on it, but i think my blade is dull; time for a new one.
Products Referenced in This Post:

elledee
Guru
elledee
In response to elledee

oh just to add, this is something that can take some getting used to. a lot of people just give up on it, i would say practice on some paper u don't care about and get the hang of it first.

1FUNSCRAPPER
Resident
1FUNSCRAPPER
In response to elledee

I really like what Creative Memories has:

that is the mat and the blades, then you buy all the different shapes you want.

here's a fun one

the nice thing about these, is you can cut from the inside of the shape or the outside of the shape.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to 1FUNSCRAPPER

Hey 1FunScrapper, I think you are right about this. My friend has these and she loves them! I don't even think that you have to use a glass mat, do you?

mjloyd
mjloyd 
New Kid On the Block
mjloyd
In response to Jordannichole

Thanks for the help! I have the creative memories stuff. I'll have to get it out and play with it. I wasn't really sure what I had since it's been so long since I bought it all! Duh!

Thanks again!
Janie

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to mjloyd

I have the fiscars circle cutter and have never used it... i just haven't bought a glass matt yet... I know I should i have had it for 6 years now.... gee.... shame on me...

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to pearlygadget

I have these two and I love them!

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to 1FUNSCRAPPER

• 1FUNSCRAPPER Said:
I really like what Creative Memories has:

the nice thing about these, is you can cut from the inside of the shape or the outside of the shape.

Plus they come with clear templates to help determine which blade to use to get exactly the size and placement you want.
They're pretty simple to pick up on too-I made a perfect circle on my first try and haven't looked back since!

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to Jordannichole

• Jordannichole Said:
Hey 1FunScrapper, I think you are right about this. My friend has these and she loves them! I don't even think that you have to use a glass mat, do you?

Nope, no glass mat needed!! Your regular self-healing mat will do. (I LOVE that!!)

Claire5of6
Veteran
Claire5of6
In response to llprncess3

I have a colluzzle that I love, but is somewhat limited, so I bought another one that they don't sell anymore, only to realize the knife didn't work well...I use my colluzzle knife and its fine! Go figure. The creative memory set is awesome but too expensive for me...its really fun to play with...

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Claire5of6

I use the Coluzzle too. It's pretty easy and quick - I just grab it and cut! I use it on almost every page that I have to crop my pics.

Coluzzle Starter Kit

Coluzzle Nested Circle Template

-Mary

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to Mary W.

The Creative Memories cutting system is the easiest one I've used! I love mine!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics