Username Post: Recipe book ideas        (Topic#1482735)
PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue

Hi All, We lost my darling mother last February. One of my fondest memories of her is her love of cooking, baking and feeding those she loved. Because I have her cookbooks, I thought it would be fun to create an album for my siblings and niece containing some of Mom's best recipes. I have the idea to include some pictures. I wanted to do this for Christmas, but as I will need to make three of them,it will have to be fairly simple. I'm thinking of an 8 by 8 mini album. Any suggestions?

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to PinkySue

First of all to you for the loss of your mom.
The recipe books sound like a great idea! 8x8 would be good. Personally I tend to go for the smaller 6x6 size for recipes. (1 sheet of cs will back 4 recipes) It's all a matter of preference. I think your family will LOVE them and what a great keepsake and reminder of your mom!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to SB1280

that sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm sure that recipe albums will help everyone remember meaningful moments about your mother.

Teresa Collins has some great recipe and kitchen stuff out now.

barbarathrasher
Resident
barbarathrasher
In response to Here Kitty

from me too. I lost my mom this year and I think this is a GREAT idea. I know I would love something like that of my mom.

I would stick with 8x8 since you want to include pictures. That way you can comfortable fit a 4X6 photo and journaling on a page. If you don't find any recipe cards you like, they make really pretty stamps that are a recipe card. I know stapin up has one and you can see lots on evil bay. I like some of the recipe paper lines, but I think you could probably use what you already have if you wanted. It could be very pretty just simple and neautral, just pictures, the recipe, journaling and minimal embellishments (ribbon/brads/buttons).

But remember, your family will LOVE it regardless. So have fun! and God bless.

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel
In response to barbarathrasher

Sorry about your Mom .. What a beutiful presant. Your famly will cherrish it. I also think you should do 8x8. You can by them already bound and then just decorate. Doing them all the same isnt a bad idea. since you have three of them to do. There are so many pretty ways you can do it. Search teh gallery under receipes/ So many ladies on here have great ways of decorating without it being to exspensive. maybe on the front of the album you could put a picture of her and say "Moms Famous Receipes" or something like that. Good luck with it. Im sure they will be treasured always.... By the way Make one for your self to pass down for generations!!!!

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to barbarathrasher

I am so sorry for your loss as well. It does not matter how we try to prepare, it still hurts so badly. My mom had been bedridden for the last year, so I take comfort that this fiesty women is working in her garden in heaven and not stuck in her bed. Thanks so much for the ideas. Im getting excited now, and confident that I might just be able to pull this off. I'll post some pics in my gallery when I do.

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks so much for the kindness and for the ideas. The line of products you suggessted look great. I'm getting excited about this project and can't wait to get started.

Puppydog Jammies
Diva
Puppydog Jammies
In response to PinkySue

have you checked to see if there are any digital templates on photo processing sites? that's just one option that will get it done quickly.

If you don't want to buy a stamp you could just make something lined in Word & print them to look like index cards or something cutesy. I bet some of the hybrid or digi sites would have something to print.

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to Puppydog Jammies

I had not even thought of going the digital route (and I'm an IT manager). I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics