Page 1 of 88 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Welcome!

If you are here, Im assuming you may be a little overwhelmed or at a deadlock in your ideas. If your looking for answers, guidence, and inspiration, you've found it!

I to am fairly new at scrapbooking and joined SB. COM not that long ago. I really enjoy visiting the galleries and am in awe of all the extremely talented work of the scrapbook artists here.

Over the monthes, I have made some good friendships with some fantastic people.

Just recently I decided to create a group for newcomers and others like myself who would like to improve their scrapbooking skills. With the help of some well known artists, I hope to accomplish this.

These ladies have kindly agreed to join in and help us out as much as possible. Sooo.... please sit back, gave your favorite beverage, and enjoy some of their wonderful pages from their personal albums. Study their techniques, and take some tips from some of the best.

Hope your looking forward to learning something and applying what they teach us to make your OWN STYLE of layout. If you scraplift someone , please for the sake of courtesy, give them the credit. Number 1 rule!!!

NOTE: THIS GROUP IS FULL AND CLOSED FOR NOW. IT IS ALSO FOR INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT POST LAYOUTS ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE A MEMBER. THANK YOU!

However please feel free to leave some love for your favorites, and don't forget to visit their galleries to comment on other great pages.

You may pm the girls or myself at anytime.

Happy Scrapping!!

Pam aka Skrappy Shutterbug
Creator of Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall of Fame Technique Group

Members:

Altergeisha (Ruth)
Anjul (Wanda)
Anderjackie (Jackie)
BabyKaykz1108 (Adrienne)
Beggahuna
Belle (Belle)
BettyLou1 (Betty)
Catz (Teresa)
Chickey6363 (Nilsa)
Debla (Deb)
2dogs (Toni)
Foamy (Lynne)
Gabreillep (Gabreille)
GramaScraper (Linda)
Hazylady (Sue)
hisgirlre (Stacey)
Inspired2day (Anisha)
Inqunn H (Ingunn)
Joy2Scrapbook (Dolores)
Luci Scrapper (Debbie)
Madelines Mom
Micupoftea (Shawn)
PamelaScrapps (Pam)
Phamil (Patti)
Piscine
Rachelk (Rachel)
Scrapcited (Hetty)
Scrapn biker chick (Patti)
Scrapperlicious (Irene)
Scrappinraiderfan (Rayette)
Scrappy Daisy (Irene)
Scrapzalot (Lisa)
Sqoetter (Susan)
StarSailorScrapper (Lisa)
Suepup (Charlotte)
Sure Why Not (Paula)
Susan
Too Scrappy (Lori)

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 12-08-08 07:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

wow I am the first one here, yeah

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to luciscraper

Welcome Debbie! This is going to be a blast! I can just tell! HEHE!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

me to, I can't wait to get started, lol

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Wellll since you were the first to arrive, I think you should be the first to start the los. Let's get this party started girl!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

ok, not sure what I'm to tell you about my lo, but I'll try.
I frosted the edges so it blends in with the papers, then I took a bling line and croped it to just one bling and put it around the pic for a frame.

Forever friends By Luci-scraper

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

You've got it sunshine! On the right track. That sounds very interesting. Never heard of frosting before. Will have to check that one out.

Love that pic of u and Mollie. Didn't u first scrap that after she ran away and came home?

Like the softness to this lo. Makes me wanna hug her to!

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 10-11-08 09:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

ok! i'll be second! Altho i dont know if any really interested in this kinda thing..but here goes,,i like to do this so maybe someone else will too ...........

LIVING LIFE BY THE DROP
By Bettylou1
here is a quick and really easy way to alter chipboard! sometimes i dont have an embellishment or the correct type looking letters i want so i try to find ways to alter what i do have!..i know we all know you can paint something or glitter it but sometimes you want a different look!..this may be something you might want to try! its fun, cheap!!,and so easy to do!... in this first example i used letters already pretty, but i wanted to fancy it up just a bit...
i took paper sticker ribbon by k&co and stuck in on my shirt a few times! yes! i did! (you dont want to damage the chipboard by taking it off when too sticky!) ,,this makes it less sticky then i applied it to the chipboard letters, and just inked over it! then i pulled it off carefully and ....they look so much different!! just think of all the things you can use as a mask and give it a try!
in this next example..i used tissue paper for wrapping and decopodge! but school glue that dries clear with a little water added will do just as good!..
then i took my tissue and wadded it all up making it nice and wrinkley (is that a word? LOL) then i straighten it out a bit..added the glue to the chipboard and carefully smooth it over the chiboard creating the winkles i want as i go..you have to use quite a bit of glue for it to look right..it will not look so good tho until it all dries!
then i just cut the tissue to fit under the bottom of each element a bit to hide all the ugly edges..! that's it! i believe i inked the tissue just a bit before i applied it also.. if you want your chipboard shiny you can use a paintbrush after it dries and go over the whole thing with a coat of decopodge...have fun!

I Love USA
By Bettylou1
Proudly Bear The Colors
By Bettylou1

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to bettylou1

Yeah!! Now were rolling! Let's go girls! Thanks Betty , Good Job!! Off to bed now, I can hardly see straight anymore! HEHE! Will investigate this in detail tomorrow. Night!

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1

you're welcome! i have a few more up my sleeves!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-12-08 12:58 AM
In response to bettylou1

Okies I can be third... But must tell you I am humbled to be a part of this! I hope i am not out of my league!
Here is something that I found works well for me. I know everyone has a technique to "ink" your lo's. I have found that I love to use the foam make-up wedges for this! First they are fairly inexpensive & second they can hold little or lots of ink. Often i will use this method to cover raw chip letters... it is good to get around the edges & hard to reach spots. I like to load up one side with one color color.. then another color on flip side. This gives a blended effect. I did the green flourishes this way,using the same color ink as in the title on the flip side to pick up the color! Thanks for looking

Angel Eyes
By Foamy

Edited by Foamy on 10-12-08 01:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

Glad to see you Foamy! Im so excited, this is getting off to a great start! Thanks for the tip on inking. I know for sure my los are going to look alot different, once I master these techniques.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Note for viewers, if you don't understand something , ask questions. If you want to leave comments here, pls feel free. Always like to hear from everyone.

Members ? Well you guys already know the drill! HEHE!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

Betty I have GOT to find some of this 'paper ribbon' you mentioned using - I love the letters you made!!! Outstanding!I wondered how you did that!

Ok I'll go poke in my gallery for something

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to Belle*

Grace & Jack By Belle*

Heritage layouts are my first love, and are what my first serious scrapping was all about. To me the most important thing is usually finding the right paper. I like Cosmo and some other heavy dark papers for this era. I reach for Daisy many times when I do my mother from the era of the 30's and 40's. My dad's family -- a totally different paper, they were from the hills of Virginia.

Here I chose Cosmo Cricket papers. I like the effect of placing a pattern over a solid. I tear, roll, and ink the edges of my top layer for an older look. Everyone does this differently, I use a ruler that has a rough patterned edge to it – specifically made for tearing paper. Sometimes I use a distressing tool next, depending on how much tearing I want. I roll the edges with my fingers, and use distress ink on the whole perimeter.

I chose my patterned paper color to match his tie/her scarf. I am afraid I do see the late 1800's through about 19120 in brown LOL!! I look for embellishments fit the time period and photos, as we all do. Nothing special about what I did there. I chose a scrap of lace because of Grace's lacey blouse, and the old post card and pocket watch bits suited both photos. Jack had a similar pocket watch.

I altered my letters to match -- I can't remember what color they were, I think pumpkin color?? I inked with several layers of Ranger Distress Ink, letting it dry in between. The top layer was a Ranger distress ink that comes in a bottle with a dauber top. That worked out beautifully making them look old.

The texture bits on the flowers and here and there are snow texture that I heard about from CATZ!! LOVE it! The little journal ticket is another Tim Holtz /Ranger product......I find I use these products a lot in my heritage layouts. I used one blue flower because of Grace's blue eyes.

This is going to be a very interesting thread. Only a few posts and I've already picked up a trick from Betty!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to bettylou1

Wow Betty, those are some really cool ideas. Really like those chipboard letters! That procedure adds such flair to an otherwise ordinary embellishment. TFS!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Hi Belle! So happy to see you've arrived! I know you've got me covered with my Heritage los. My first love also. You rock !

Busy morning today, going to the family's sugar camp for Thanksgiving dinner. Have to go to town first, so better get hopping. Will talk to you tonight, and can't wait to check out your post more closely. xx

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 10-12-08 07:39 AM

HEY EVERYONE!!! OK I NEED 2 ASK THE FIRST QUESTION...IM NOT GOOD WITH THIS COMPUTER "STUFF" HOW DO U POST UR LO ON THIS THREAD & NOT JUST A LINK?? HELP!!!!
P.S. I DON'T SPELL VERY GOOD EITHER!!! LOL!!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to 2dogs

Hey 2dogs! You made it! Can't wait to see what your going to show us!

Here are the directions for posting los to thread.

Go to gallery. click on lo, Click on link/embed.
Click on IMG code, click on Copy & Paste Embed Code. A box should appear asking you if you want to allow access.

Select size you want. I usually select larger.
You have now copied lo to the thread. Go back to thread, right click, click on paste. Type your post and submit. If you have trouble , let me know and we'll try it again tonight Pam

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter

Not exactly sure what you're looking for here...but here goes!

It seems that I have tons of "heritage" photos, although when I scrap a photo of me as a child, it makes me sound SOOOOOO old when I think that the layout is considered "heritage"!

On this layout, I tried something new for me. I wanted the background to look like peeling wallpaper, so I matted my photo first, decided "where" I would place it on the bg paper and lightly drew marks at the corners of the large mat. Then I marked a few places to "tear" the wallpaper. To do this in the middle of a l2x12 paper, just cut a slit with your exacto knife, then tear towards you to get the rough edges showing. Then I dampen the edges and curl them up. When the paper is dry, I use my inks and really ink the edges heavy. I didn't use a full sheet of paper behind the tears...just cut squares that would fill the hole and adhered it to the back of the layout. I don't have a distressing tool, so I just use a pair of scissors along the edges of my paper. Sometimes the scissors slip and cut the edge...work with it and make it part of the peeling wallpaper look.

I use Photoshop Elements 5 for all my photo editing and often "clean up" my older photos. This was a very small photo that I scanned in at 600 dpi and then turned it to a sephia tone.

Any questions? I'll answer if I can!

Almost Like a Dream
By Sgoetter

Page 1 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics