Page 3 of 88 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Hi ladies!

i might have to get on a late start. I'm still in France doing some workshops at an international convention here. Then I'll be off to Sweden. I'll be only back on the 21st Oct. So hopefully I have lots to share then. Hugs!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to scrapperlicious

What a surprise! Wan't expecting to hear from you so soon. Knew you were away. You must be having a great time in France, and then jetting off to Swedn!! What a life! HEHE! Hope your having a wonderful time Irene. Get lots of beautiful pictures to show us when you get back. Can't wait !! Take care. Hugs

2dogs
2dogs 
Queen
2dogs
  • 2dogs on 10-13-08 06:18 AM
In response to bettylou1

MORIN' EVERYONE!! I USE COLORBOX CHAIKS U CAN BUY THEM HERE AT THE SUPERSTORE OR MOST SCRAP STORES CARRY THEM. THE PAPER THAT I CUT THE SANTA OUT OF I DON'T KNOW THE BRAND, BUT I JUST GOT IT SO IT SHOULD BE IN THE SCRAP STORES.
BETTY I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THE BINDER... THANKS GIRL I HAVE 2 BUY SOME, I HAVE BEEN JUST STUFFING THEM IN MY SCRAPP BOOK. I PUT ALOT OF MY LO IN WOOD FRAMES & HANG THEM DOWN MY HALL & SWITCH THEM OUT ALL THE TIME, NOW MY DAUGHTER DOES THE SAME THING, NOW MY HALL LOOKS BETTER & ITS FUN 2 LOOK AT ALL THE PICS!!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to scrapperlicious

• scrapperlicious Said:
Hi ladies!

i might have to get on a late start. I'm still in France doing some workshops at an international convention here. Then I'll be off to Sweden. I'll be only back on the 21st Oct. So hopefully I have lots to share then. Hugs!

Irene, have fun!!!! Take lots of pics too!!! LOL!!!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
i dont know about Toni but i buy 3 ring 12x12 binders to hold my lo's. you almost have to. and i also cut about maybe i/4 inch off each of my los before i begin one to accomadate for all the bulk or else it dosent fit right in the clear sleeve

I do exactly what Betty does. I am a very lumpy scrapper and I would never lay my books flat. I use We R Memory Keepers linen 3 ring binders. If you look you will see a photo of my collection on the product page, I think. I agree too that you need to trim that quarter inch off before you start scrapping so the page fits 'comfortably'.

3-ring is something I changed all my books to this year. I am jumping all over the past 100 years in my scrapping LOL!!! I need to be able to insert a layout wherever I need to, easily.

Oh - and like 2-dogs, I use ColorBox Chalk Ink for edges - LOVE the stuff!!! Best!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Belle*

Irene have fun and take ton's of pic's

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-13-08 05:16 PM
In response to luciscraper

I think I shall try the 3 ring binders! Right now i have posts that resemble towers there are so many extensions!

bobbij
bobbij 
Governor
bobbij
In response to 2dogs

I have a slightly dumb question!
Are you talking about chalks as in chalky chalks or chalk inks? I too have a hard time keeping the chalks from flying away! Help!!!!!!
Thanks in advnce!

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to bobbij

OK here goes, tell me if I am doing this right lol.

Simply Beautiful
By Scrappinraiderfan

On this LO I did all kinds of things.
I started by stamping flourishes, using stazon ink. Than I lightly chalked around the flourishes. I then inked with colorbox chalk around the edges. Next I tore the two PP's, inked the edges of them as well. I covered the chipboard with orange paper, sanded the edges off and embossed them with black embossing powder and heated them with a heat gun. I used white acrylic paint around the edge of the picture. I dyed my black flowers with RIT dye (I find black flowers are hard to find)I then applied the title by using rubons. I doodled a little around the journaling card which I also inked. I then added a couple stitches with embroidery floss.
Whew I put alot of effort into this LO. Hope it at least shows lol.

I feel very blessed to have been chosen to participate in this with all of the other ladies here. Thank you

Edited by scrappinraiderfan on 10-13-08 07:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sgoetter
Queen
sgoetter
In response to bettylou1

• bettylou1 Said:
and i have a question! SUSAN..how do you use scissors to distress the edges of your lo?? i always just use the old tear it by hand..sounds interesting!

Bettylou....I use my cutterbee scissors...only open them about halfway, then drag the "v" of the scissors down the edge of the paper. You need to practice to learn the right amoung of "pressure", but sharper scissors will fray the edges. Try holding the scissors...not by the loop handles..but at the "V"...if you hold them by the loop handles, you'll have a tendency to close them and that will cut not fray. Does this make sense?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to scrappinraiderfan

Hey Rayette! Welcome! What a wonderful vintage lo! Am really likin all the techniques you put into this. So fun to see things pointed out that I never knew exsisted or would have ever thought of.

You did a great job posting, and I had fun looking at each point in the lo. TFS!

Sweetie, Im blessed to have you here!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to sgoetter

Thks susan for that tip . I probably would have made a terrible mess of my paper cutting just like you would anytime. Never would have know you have to drag it!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

JCI and Im so excited! I just can't Hide it!.....
LOL! A little play on words, remember that song girls?? Oh well maybe it's the brainfreeze from staying up too late at night and getting up too early. HEHE!

Any way on a serious note, want to say how happy I am that you guys are here and it's working out just the way I intended. You guys are doing a great job with your instructing, and I for one am learning alot. When I apply some of these things to a lo, I'll post it as long as you promise not to

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*

oh yeah babe -- Pointer Sisters

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Belle*

wow there are some awesome ideals here

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Hey Girls, just a note to say Im going to be away for a few days. Going to be visitng the beautiful Prince Edward Island . Business/vacation with DH. Talk to u probably this weekend.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

have fun

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-14-08 09:30 AM

ohhhhh enjoy! I am still recovering from vacation... blah dread getting back to real life!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

here is a digi from me. I frosted the egdes and then added, the flowers and the swrils, digi is fun and fast, but I miss mt paper

You are so cute By Luci-scraper

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Immm Baaak! HAHA! Cancelled trip for today. Still waiting for another part to come in before delivery to the island. Just as well, HEHE! get to spend the weekend there now!
Have any of you seen or been to PEI? It's a very beautiful place, with lots of farmland and rolling hills, and tons of great beaches. Should be pretty this time of year hopefully with the leaves changing. Also home of Anne of Green Gables.

Page 3 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics