Page 4 of 88 
Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to luciscraper

This is a really great sketch idea for using multiple pics. And look at that little fuzzy face! Neat idea Deb!with the circle.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

thanks

babykaykz1108
Pro
babykaykz1108
In response to bettylou1

JCI...I'll post some layouts tomorrow. So glad to be part of such a great group of ladies!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to babykaykz1108

here is a new card for me

I put gliter on my rub-on, and I used a bling flower and put my brad through it, I also put gliter on my thickers, letter's

4U By Luci-scraper

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

here is another card I made. I used the paper frill's, and thickers letters, I buy bling in @#&, and I cute them apart and use them in the center of my flowers, plus I put gliter on them and on the letters. My mom gave me a big sewing needle, so I use it to make my stitching

4U By Luci-scraper

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Hi everyone! Just checking in from Stockholm. I'm still in Sweden and will be cursing to Finland tomorrow. In the meantime, I've posted pics of my projects for the workshops that I've done on the convention at France. Do check it out if you wish and if there's questions, I'll be more than glad to answer them. That's it for now...btw, love all the gorgeous work shared so far by all you talented ladies!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to scrapperlicious

HEy Irene!!!

Just letting everyone know, we're going back to the cabin for the week-end and we're leaving tomorrow. We usually try to go a good bit this time of year when the leaves are changing! I'll catch up when we get back!

Belle*
Belle* 
Angel
Belle*
In response to phamil

Sounds like a wonderful bit of time Patti - hope you enjoy it!!

anajul
anajul 
Diva
anajul
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

Hi everyone!! I'm a little late showing up to this thread. Actually, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the gorgeous work you ladies have been posting. I'm not sure I have the talent to be part of this group but I am honored to be considered. I've been in a little depressed mood for some time so I haven't done any scrapping. I will try to post something soon and share my....uhmmm....techniques!! lol I'm a pretty basic scrapper so I may not have that much to share. I'll probably learn more than I can offer!! Thanks Pam for selecting me!! I'll be back soon!! anajul (aka Wanda)

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to sgoetter

Hi Everyone! It's been great reading everyone's tips and I am blown away to be included. Sorry it took me so long to make a post but my mom was in the hospital and just got out yesterday. She is doing fine now so back to scrapping
So here's my layout!

With all my heart By Inspired2day

For this layout I cut out strips of paper and used a Heidi Swapp distresser to cut up the edges. It's only 99 cents and works wonderfully! Then I inked the edges with tea dye distress ink to add depth. I cut out the dragonfly from BG perhaps paper and then I used my finger to cover it in pink and frosted lace stickles. For the body, I used alcohol ink to color clear beads and adhered them with glossy accents. I also used alcohol ink to color the gold say it in crystals border. I used the Bazzill Basics in stitch'z template to stitch around all the strips. If there are any questions please feel free to ask me.

Edited by inspired2day on 10-15-08 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to phamil

Lucky you! A getaway retreat to go to whenever the mood hits. It must be beautiful there this time of year. Have fun. Im still at home but leaving for sure some time tommorrow for PEI. Supposed to be a go this time! LOL!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to anajul

Hi Wanda! Glad to see you made it . I know what you mean about having lost the mojo for scrappin'. I haven't done any los for awhile either. That's why Im so glad we have this group and all you divas to get the creative juices flowing again. HEHE! That's what friends are for eh? Can't wait to see what you come up with. Love love love your Lily lo!!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to inspired2day

So glad you've arrived Anisha!! Thanks for that beautiful lo you created! I am amazed that you can do so much with the inks . I know alot of people use them, but never knew you could alter beads with it. Interesting! I also see people mentioning stickes. Im still not sure exactly what it is. Is it something like a glitter? Do you have to adhere it with something like glue?

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Thanks for showing us your card techniques Debbie. I know this is a really popular thing right now, and maybe as many people that scrap pages, create cards as well.

I have a couple of friends that do this more than los.

I really like the stiching you did on the second one. The receipents must enjoy the originality of their cards. TFS! xox

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to babykaykz1108

Hi Adrienne! Im so glad your going to be a part of this. Am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to sgoetter

yes it does Susan! thanks alot! but now i will have to go out and buy those scissors! LOL!!! any excuse to go scrap shopping ya know!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to bettylou1

Stickles are a glitter glue so they already stick to whatever you apply them to on your layout. The bottles have thin applicator tips so they are easy to apply pretty precisely. Sometimes they get clogged so you just need to use a pin to clear out the applicator tip. They're affordable but the bottles are small. I use them a lot and a little bit goes a long way. I hope this helps!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-15-08 07:43 PM
In response to inspired2day

I really like what you did with the butterfly in your lo! smart thinking & very creative

Edited by Foamy on 10-15-08 07:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-15-08 07:45 PM

what a great idea putting glitter on a rub on... for some reason that never occcured to me!! Tfs.. i will have to try it sometime!
  • luci-scraper Said:
here is a new card for me

I put gliter on my rub-on, and I used a bling flower and put my brad through it, I also put gliter on my thickers, letter's

4U By Luci-scraper

hisgirlre
Guru
hisgirlre
In response to Foamy

Wow, I am Late.... But I made it. Sorry, I have just been away from the computer for a while and was unaware you ladies had gotten started on this awsome thread. I am really thrilled to be able to share, but I must admit I feel way out of my league! I have already read several tips I am going to start trying ASAP!! Now here are a few tips from an older LO of mine... hope that you can use them.

Daughter By Hisgirlre

First if you notice the turned down corner at the top left... Well the Pattern paper is not two sided so I just made it appear to be by secureing the two papaers together and then running a longer piece down below the larger square.So you can really turn down the corner of any PP even if the back is white, just use another PP backing it for the corner area only. Secound on the stitching I just hand drew a pattern in Pencil, used my needle to poke out the pattern and then stitched it. Third, if you notice the pattern on the large brown square that is "white" kind of looks like flowers and such??? Well I did this by placeing the PP over a pack of slightly raised stickers and then sanded the paper very gently, sort of like you would do a leaf rubbing. This will work with a variety of stickers and as long as your gentle you will get several uses out of your stickers! The last thing is the flower... I am sure you may have done this but just in case... I simply took a 6" strip of ribbon and then sewed and gatherd it up into a circle then added a button brad and there ya go!

Thank you again for letting me be a part, and I am looking forward to all the great tips!

Page 4 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics