Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to anajul

Wow Wanda! Thanks so much for this gorgeous entry and the tricks used for getting that antique look. I have an old pic also of my grandfather beside the horse they had on the farm, and this inspired me for sure. TFS! And keep them coming.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to anderjackie

Hey my Girl!! Soo glad to see you here! And please don't be modest! HEHE! I continue to be awestruck on all these great ideas that I would never think of at all. The idea of cutting out a portion of your pp that you otherwise couldn't help hiding is so neat. I often look at paper when I buy it, and wonder where I could place my pic so that the best part of the pp is not hidden.

the idea of using the edges of cut out for framing is good to. Jackie I read the list of techniques you used when you origanally did this page, and their endless! You are so talented girl!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to LisaGregoryStarsailor

Stacey, what an all around touching, beautiful page you've done on your DD! The comparison of her to Angelo , the journaling about how you feel about her is so heartwarming!

Really like how you made the journaling page from scratch. So imaginative! The colors used here are stunning! TFS!!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

You crack me up! I might give that a try sometime, maybe it'll relax me enough to do some brainstorming.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to phamil

First, let me say that this picture is so pretty! the techniques for the cutouts and outlining the letters for demension is a great idea! Thanks Patti for the tips, I will certainly be giving this a go!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to luciscraper

I often think I'd like to try digi, just because you can do so much with your page, and they always end up looking so great!

Deb, never get bored looking at your los! Like the chose of all the embellies, so feminine! And so much to look at. xo

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Belle*

Woo Hoo! Another wonderful tip! Thanks Belle! I don't have much of a collection of stamps, find the nicer ones quite expensive, but you can usually pic up some nice rubons. Thanks for the idea, and the word out about the Honey Bee Scissors, probably will purchase myself some for the more intricate details of cut outs.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Joy2scrapbook

Hey Doloras, bunches of thanks to you for that lo! Great ideas for templates and using corordinating pps for your lo. Gotta love those swirly flourishes, and great tip for the stand out white! Outstanding page as usual!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-20-08 06:02 PM

Luci,
you really have the frosting technique down! I think all your lo's have a softness to them!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

No, haven't added them yet. Just got a new camera and have to see how it works for uploading my pics.

Am really getting anxious though to get out my things and start trying out this ideas. Picked up a few really nice pps and other great finds at super cheap prices. Rite Buy had all their huge selection of sb things 50 % off, Michaels had pp on for 39 cents. Needless to say I was in my realm!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Luci,
you really have the frosting technique down! I think all your lo's have a softness to them!

thank you so much

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper

last one for the day

Mollie By Luci-scraper

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan

I have been out of town for a few days and was checking in and wow these layouts and cards are gorgeous. Lots of great techniques. Some I didnt know. I think we will all be able to benefit from this thread.

Joy2scrapbook
Pro
Joy2scrapbook

Debbie, I am so amazed with your digi LOs. I have been wanting to try this and just recently updated the version of PhotoShop Elements I have, so I think I have a good tool to try it. Pardon my lack of knowledge here, but I noticed you mentioned "digi kits." Is this digital paper and embellishments? Or do you scan paper and other elements to include in your LOs? The techniques are amazing--frosting is WOW!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Hi everyone!
I'm back! Finally feeling better to start posting with the jet lag and everything. Here's one from me as a start.
Nature's Children By Scrapperlicious

Well, this is my first ever layout. I've used the spiral stitching here and lots of distressing. Feel free to ask any questions and I do have teh step by step at my blog. TFL!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to scrapperlicious

Hi Irene,welcome home, and glad your finally here! Checked out your upclose pics and detailed description of how to do this lo. Very nice of you to go step by step explaining how to do your techniques. Your fantastic and your blog is super!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Thanks Pam! It's great to be back!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to Joy2scrapbook

• joy2scrapbook Said:
Debbie, I am so amazed with your digi LOs. I have been wanting to try this and just recently updated the version of PhotoShop Elements I have, so I think I have a good tool to try it. Pardon my lack of knowledge here, but I noticed you mentioned "digi kits." Is this digital paper and embellishments? Or do you scan paper and other elements to include in your LOs? The techniques are amazing--frosting is WOW!

digi kits are paper and embellishments, I hope you try it

anderjackie
Governor
anderjackie

Thanks Debbie. I just may take you up on that at some point. As to your question, I used a CB doodle genie template for the Happy Haunting LO, and I stamped with Autum Leaves swirls and then cut them out for the Natural Beauty LO.

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to anderjackie

I might just have to break down and buy some template's, thanks for the tip Jackie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics