Username Post: Skrappy Shutterbugs' Hall Of Fame Technique Group        (Topic#1482749)
luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to scrapperlicious

• scrapperlicious Said:
morning everyone! Could I share a little toot? Check out this link.

http://prima.typepad.com/

congrats Irene, thats just awesome

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to luciscraper

Yeah! This should be so much fun. I know all you girls will have such a different approach but still all using the same color scheme. This will be very interesting!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

• luci-scraper Said:
  • scrapperlicious Said:

Thanks!

congrats Irene, thats just awesome

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Debbie, there's no deadline as some of the girls will probably be checking in at different times . so for anybody that's interested, you can start and submit at your own pace. We'll see how this goes and maybe I'll up the anty for the next one. HEHE!

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug

Congrats Irene on your guest designer appearance and what a great interview! Fun facts on your journey through the scrapping world, and even picked up a few new pointers. TFS! What is Ephemera??

Edited by Skrappy Shutterbug on 10-23-08 05:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Thanks Pam!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Here's another from me.

1, 2 Smile By Scrapperlicious

I've used the two tone layering stitching and the metal ruler distressing technique here. To read more, chek out my blog and feel free to ask me any questions. TFL!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day

Congratulations Irene! It was so cool seeing you as Prima's guest designer. I hope they gave you a ton of new goodies!

inspired2day
Idol
inspired2day
In response to rachelk

Hey Rachel, I'm so excited you are on here..I would love to hear about some of the techniques for your "precious butterfly" layout! The butterfly on there was amazing!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to inspired2day

• inspired2day Said:
Hey Rachel, I'm so excited you are on here..I would love to hear about some of the techniques for your "precious butterfly" layout! The butterfly on there was amazing!

hi! thanks for the warm welcome! sure, i'd be more than happy to share!!! did you check out my blog? i post each layout on it and describe what i did, but i can go over it again here, if no one minds

the ppr is Basic Grey , and it was rather pale so i inked it (tea dye, t. holtz) and used gold chalk around the white butterflies to make them stand out more. i outlined the bottom butterfly in my Signo white pen, and also created some lines in the middle which werent there originally on the paper. then cut about a zillion little tiles of gold ppr and smeared a thick layer of GLOO all over the wings, and placed each tile there with tweezers (yeah, thought i was crazy at the time too!) and added some glass beads and some sequins to the mix.
the middle of the wings have a chipboard flourish that i cut down the middle so i could have matching for each wing - then outlined them with the signo, and the blue-grey color you see inside the wings is chalking, i mixed blue with gold, and some green and yellow, then i took my Brilliance inks (in Platinum Planet) and used my finger to gently blend the chalks together, that ink pad also adds a lot of shimmer.
i cut little wings from a DCWV stack, as well as the gold border on the left side. I mosaic'ed the little wings just like the large butterfly. there is a Hambly transparency over the photo, and i did some hand doodles around it, with some rub ons, chipboard embellies and flowers. i used a metallic marker to color most of the flowers that gold color, and added polka dots with my white pen. i also added Basic Grey (euro edge) rub ons around the large butterflies' wings, and some gold printed vellum ppr to the edges that i tore and kind of just slapped on using GLOO to adhere it. the journaling is printed on clear ink jet film with a downloaded font.
i think that covers it, LOL! if anyone has anymore questions, please feel free to ask here, or pm, or whatever! thanks

precious butterfly
By Rachelk

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrapperlicious Said:
Here's another from me.

1, 2 Smile By Scrapperlicious

I've used the two tone layering stitching and the metal ruler distressing technique here. To read more, chek out my blog and feel free to ask me any questions. TFL!

that is SO beautiful irene, as usual! love love love it!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-24-08 05:11 AM

• scrapperlicious Said:

Oh how wonderful is that! COngrats
Lynn

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-24-08 05:15 AM
In response to rachelk

• rachelk Said:
  • inspired2day Said:

hi! thanks for the warm welcome! sure, i'd be more than happy to share!!! did you check out my blog? i post each layout on it and describe what i did, but i can go over it again here, if no one minds

the ppr is Basic Grey , and it was rather pale so i inked it (tea dye, t. holtz) and used gold chalk around the white butterflies to make them stand out more. i outlined the bottom butterfly in my Signo white pen, and also created some lines in the middle which werent there originally on the paper. then cut about a zillion little tiles of gold ppr and smeared a thick layer of GLOO all over the wings, and placed each tile there with tweezers (yeah, thought i was crazy at the time too!) and added some glass beads and some sequins to the mix.
the middle of the wings have a chipboard flourish that i cut down the middle so i could have matching for each wing - then outlined them with the signo, and the blue-grey color you see inside the wings is chalking, i mixed blue with gold, and some green and yellow, then i took my Brilliance inks (in Platinum Planet) and used my finger to gently blend the chalks together, that ink pad also adds a lot of shimmer.
i cut little wings from a DCWV stack, as well as the gold border on the left side. I mosaic'ed the little wings just like the large butterfly. there is a Hambly transparency over the photo, and i did some hand doodles around it, with some rub ons, chipboard embellies and flowers. i used a metallic marker to color most of the flowers that gold color, and added polka dots with my white pen. i also added Basic Grey (euro edge) rub ons around the large butterflies' wings, and some gold printed vellum ppr to the edges that i tore and kind of just slapped on using GLOO to adhere it. the journaling is printed on clear ink jet film with a downloaded font.
i think that covers it, LOL! if anyone has anymore questions, please feel free to ask here, or pm, or whatever! thanks

precious butterfly
By Rachelk

It is beautiful & love the clear inkjet film! I have tried that in the past, bust not with the same results! tfs
Lynn

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
  • rachelk Said:
  • inspired2day Said:

precious butterfly
By Rachelk

It is beautiful & love the clear inkjet film! I have tried that in the past, bust not with the same results! tfs
Lynn

thanks! yeah, i LOVE that inkjet film, im just trying to figure out how to not waste most of it when i print something b/c its kind of expensive...

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 10-24-08 06:10 AM
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

I will try to do this. You want just black & white used in the lo?
I only joined 2 challenges this month so I may have a chance to do this. Especially with no deadline! I realized last month that I joined too many... it was very hard to keep up with the comments!!! However I did that to myself!
Lynn

Edited by Foamy on 10-24-08 06:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Skrappy Shutterbug
Guru
Skrappy Shutterbug
In response to Foamy

LOL! Oh I know that feeling to well! Signed up for too many challenges myself, and was up to 2 am in the morning sometimes determined to meet my commitments. Learned my lesson!

As for my little challenge to you ladies, yes everything is to be in black and white only exception is the pic. May be sepia or black and white. Have fun!

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious
In response to sgoetter

Thanks everyone!

Rachel, that's a stunning page! Love that butterfly!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk
In response to Skrappy Shutterbug

• Skrappy Shutterbug Said:
LOL! Oh I know that feeling to well! Signed up for too many challenges myself, and was up to 2 am in the morning sometimes determined to meet my commitments. Learned my lesson!

As for my little challenge to you ladies, yes everything is to be in black and white only exception is the pic. May be sepia or black and white. Have fun!

lol! i learned the hard way about challenges too, now i only do a max of 3 per month, and even thats tough for me to keep up with

scrapperlicious
Queen
scrapperlicious

Pam, I'm actually doing my B&W page right now but it will also be a guest designing assignment. So, will have to wait a bit before uploading here...lol!

rachelk
Idol
rachelk

• scrapperlicious Said:
Thanks everyone!

Rachel, that's a stunning page! Love that butterfly!

thank you irene!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics