Username Post: Sizzlit Question        (Topic#1482773)
Terri in MD
Veteran
Terri in MD

I was just perusing some of the new Sizzlit dies and I noticed that some of them are not compatible with the original Sizzix machine. What is different about these dies that they won't work with the converter?

I have a Sidekick but I find it such a pain to use. Anyway, i'm just curious. I love the original machine but i'm wondering if I should invest in the Big Shot.

Tamaroo
Diva
Tamaroo
In response to Terri in MD

I think the BigZ dies are bigger than the original machine. There may be some sizzlet ones that are bigger too??? At least that is how I understand it and you have to have the big shot to use them. I haven't seen enough of the BigZ's that I would want that I'm willing to spend the money on the bigger machine! Just using the original! The rest of the dies work okay. I've never had much luck with the converter so I bought a side kick (the older one) and they work fine. If one doesn't cut too well I use the shims from my QuicKutz on the back of them and then they cut better.

Did you know cuttlebugs work in the sidekick or with the converter? The cuttlebug kids do not work with these - they are too thin but they do work with the QuicKutz revolution.

Terri in MD
Veteran
Terri in MD
In response to Tamaroo

In this case I think these Sizzlits dies are bigger than the original Sizzlits. But they can't be that big if they still work in the Sidekick machine. There must be some other difference as to why they work in the roller machines but not the original press machine.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 10-12-08 01:29 PM
In response to Terri in MD

I have the "old" sizzlits and the "new" roller only ones. If there are any difference to them, I cannot see it. They are the same size, same shape...I have even used them in my original and it worked!?!?!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Keys

some of the sizzlits dies that are longer than the original machine's slot have to be used on a "roller" machine which is what the sidekick and big shot are. I go for either one of those before I go for my original machine. I've got all 3 and love them all but the others are just easier- I use embossing folders quite a bit too and they need to be used in a roller machine to get a good embossing (at least IMO)

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Seaexplore

I use all dies embossits, sizzlits, new & old, decorative strips, orginals, accukuts, cuttlebug & quikutz in my red sizzix machine. They all work fine with the right adapters. The newer, larger sizzlits are about 2"x 4". They work fine. I put them in my red machine with the adapter on. If I need more pressure, I simply put a folded sheet of copy paper under the cutting board & add more if I need more. The deco strips are 12" long & I use those too. I simply tape the paper to the edge of the strip and push it along after pressing it down into the cutting board. Never had a single problem with any of them. The Bigz are the only dies I cannot use as they are too wide to go thru the presser area of the machine.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to NoirCat

• NoirCat Said:
I use all dies embossits, sizzlits, new & old, decorative strips, orginals, accukuts, cuttlebug & quikutz in my red sizzix machine. They all work fine with the right adapters. The newer, larger sizzlits are about 2"x 4". They work fine. I put them in my red machine with the adapter on. If I need more pressure, I simply put a folded sheet of copy paper under the cutting board & add more if I need more. The deco strips are 12" long & I use those too. I simply tape the paper to the edge of the strip and push it along after pressing it down into the cutting board. Never had a single problem with any of them. The Bigz are the only dies I cannot use as they are too wide to go thru the presser area of the machine.

OMG! Now, I know why I'm on this site! You gals are so ingenious! Thanks!

Edited by seaexplore on 10-12-08 05:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics