Username Post: Converting GSD to WPC files...        (Topic#1482945)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

This was written by Lucille from UK Scrappers, and is posted with her permission.

I've used it many times, and it does a nice job!!! I've got a couple of tips to add for after conversion, and will do that in the next post.

Attachment: Convert_GSD_files_to_WPC_with_Roland.pdf (394.09 KB) 3840 View(s)

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Megan - ForumTech

A couple of quick conversion tips.

First, make sure that Shape, See opened paths is turned on. Check to see if you have any open paths in your shape, and if so, close them.

Next, go to Shape, Break All. This will ungroup your file.

Now go to View, and turn on Construction Points. I also like to turn on Wire Frame at this point.

Go to Shape, Advanced path options, and choose Simply Path.

I like to do this with the construction points ON, so that I can make sure the image isn't losing any detail when I simplify.

Most images will cut fine "as is", but you can do additional cleanup at this point if you'd like.

New Kid On the Block

I got as far as trying to install the roland thing. Then it says something to the effect of environment specified is invalid. Any ideas?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to mom_n_scrapper

What operating system are you using?

creater1
Diva
creater1

Ugh that sounds so technical and so advanced for me. No wonder my Pazzles sits and get no use.

Hartledig
Expert
Hartledig
In response to creater1

After having failed with the Roland driver, I tried Lucille's tut, and now it works! Even with Windows 7! She's a star!

amgspeirs
New Kid On the Block
amgspeirs
In response to Hartledig

What's Lucille's tut? Where do I find it?

I have Windows 7 and have a silhouette with about $175 worth of credit plus tons of images already purchased. I'm considering changing to the Pazzles Inspiration but want to know if I'll be able to convert the files. Will I be able to do this?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Hartledig

Please tell me how you got this to work with windows 7? What driver did you install? THANKS!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to amgspeirs

• amgspeirs Said:
What's Lucille's tut? Where do I find it?

I have Windows 7 and have a silhouette with about $175 worth of credit plus tons of images already purchased. I'm considering changing to the Pazzles Inspiration but want to know if I'll be able to convert the files. Will I be able to do this?

It's attached on the first post of this thread.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to scrappinwhenican

• scrappinwhenican Said:
Please tell me how you got this to work with windows 7? What driver did you install? THANKS!

Let me play with this, I'm not on the computer where I did it, and I'll figure out which driver worked.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks so much. I've tried several and haven't been able to get them to work.

Edited by scrappinwhenican on 06-18-10 12:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

If you go to the link that's in her PDF, I installed the 64 bit driver.

There were choices for SV-8, -12, and -15. Since those are sizes, I chose the SV-12.

I don't have a 32 bit version of Windows 7, but there is a version of the driver there. It comes up with a warning that it's a beta version, but I haven't had any issues using it to convert.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks for the info! I had tried that one but it didn't work. I just tried it again and it is now converting! WHOOT! I wonder if I needed to reboot or something when I first installed it. Thanks again!

New Kid On the Block

The only cutter I have is a Pazzles Inspiration. However, in looking for free files, I have seen some very nice GSD files. I downloaded the Roland Driver but when I got to the CraftRobo section, it threw me. What is CraftRobo? Is it a cutter specific program or is it something I can download in order to be able to convert the GSD files I've found to WPC? How do I get it? I'm new to this converting thing.

Rita

New Kid On the Block
In response to maliburita56

CraftRobo is the software that the CraftRobo machine uses. Wishblade and Silhouette are essentially a CraftRobo machine with a different logo on it. You can probably find it on several sites but you can go to http://www.silhouettemachine.com/software.aspx and download the Silhouette software which is CraftRobo software. I think it might be called RoboMaster or something like that but you can open GSD files in it and then follow the instructions to convert. Check it out and let us know if you have any more questions.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks! I'll have to wait a few days before I can try the download/conversion...will let you know how it goes.

New Kid On the Block
In response to maliburita56

Hi, I am wanting to be able to install the driver for the Stika Plus program so I can convert my GSD files so I can cut them using my Roland Camm1 cutter. I am not very computer savy sometimes. So, if someone could walk me through this, I would really really appreciate it. Thanks, Vicky

New Kid On the Block
In response to vickycarol424

I have a bunch of files that I have made from line drawings from Google images if anyone is interested.

worlc 
New Kid On the Block
  • worlc on 08-30-13 06:58 AM

:(thing out. I bought the new INspiration Pro
based on one of the comments below that says it now allows you to open the SVG files. Those appear to just be line drawings and not cut files. Bear in mind that the Pazzles has sat next to my cricut for years and never gets used, so I am still a beginner on this machine and it is my FAVORITE, I just can't figure out how to do most of the stuff. Anyway I digress. I downloaded the STIKA drier that Lucille recommended, I even downloaded the Silhouette software just to see if the ROBO thing was in that file. Nope. OKay so can someone please tell me in simple kindergarten words how to convert the awesome files I keep finding in AI and GSD?
I have looked for the Printer Output she says to fix and that is nowhere to be found. PLEASE???
Products Referenced in This Post:

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to worlc

AI, you can just import....

Google Robomaster - it used to be available for download from Craftrobo's site, as well as several other places.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics