Username Post: Scraproom closet ideas HELP!!        (Topic#1483039)
rosiecast
Diva
rosiecast

Hi! Ladies, we're moving and I'm losing my open scrapbook space. I'm getting a closet not walk in ;( and need ideas/photos from those of you that have only a closet as your scrap space.

TIA!!!

Keleia
Keleia 
Guru
Keleia
In response to rosiecast

Go into the gallery section, search for the following: scraproom in a closet

I came up with quite a few photos of scraproom in a closet~

Blessings,

Keleia

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Keleia

peg board is a must! And a clothes line to hang things from as well. OH and a fold up table that fits under a bed or in the closet. I got one from walmart that is 3x2 and store it under my bed.
Pegboard

Progress
By MelindaK" title="
Progress
By MelindaK"table idea

Edited by Just G on 10-14-08 07:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PulpBlossom
Guru
PulpBlossom
In response to Just G

My boyfriend recently moved in with me, and to give him a space of his own, I gave up my tiny scraproom for him to use as an office. My scrap-space now resides in a nice sized closet in my office.

I don't have any pictures of the space yet, but I did have to get creative with storage ideas. My closet includes:
- a table from Ikea that I notched the corners of so it fits in the closet
- wood shelves up above to hold paper in vertical holders and stickers and flat embellies in binders
- wood shelves to the right to hold jars of ribbon, flowers, and chipboard bits
- a peg board along the back to hold larger embellies, tools, etc.
- a homemade box that holds ribbon spools (hung on the wall)
- one of those sets of drawers that are designed to hold little hardware. Mine holds little things like brads, eyelettes, etc.

It is a tiny space - but I love that I can work on something, and leave the mess on the desk. I can shut the door, and everything is protected from my pesky cats who love to get into my craft stuff

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to PulpBlossom

This is not my scrap closet, but I thought it was just gorgeous!!

My "Revised" Scraproom (closet)
By Melissab1872

rosiecast
Diva
rosiecast
In response to scrappyJedi

Thanks so much ladies.

Melissa- that pic might just work out for me, minus the curtains.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps

• scrappyJedi Said:
This is not my scrap closet, but I thought it was just gorgeous!!

My "Revised" Scraproom (closet)
By Melissab1872

I'd have to change the chair because I can see it scratching the heck out of that beautiful floor (I'm up and down all the time when I scrap). Either that or put a mat or rug under the chair. The desk area looks kind of small too but some people are able to work easily in small spaces. I'm not one of them. I'd suggest getting a desk or table that fits the width of the closet. Then install some shelves above and maybe a few rolling carts that can sit against a wall or fit under the table when you're not using it.

Tenant

Woow...........that is incredibly creative

Tenant
In response to scarlett_m2002

I personally have a bookshelf that I have packed with matching boxes with labels on them...........so that i know what is in them

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to scarlett_m2002

I have a small scrap area in our guest room..i have to keep most of my things in the closet so when guests come things are clean. I have a desk that is always out in view but i try to keep it clean.

I use the closet for alot of my storage.
I find that using over the door shoe organizers are great! The little pockets make for perfect storing of anything..esp embellies! There are some pics in my gallery.

Coolbunny
Veteran
Coolbunny
In response to lovestoscrap3000

I don't have a picture, BUT in our spare room we have a closest that keeps most of my scrapstuff in. The closest is a regular two-door one, but it has LOTS of shelving installed in it. The shelving came with it when we moved in. The shelving is the white wire stuff with drawers in the middle (basket like things that pull out).

Errr...this probably wasn't that helpful, lol. But if you check out Home Depot or a place like that you can buy individual storage solutions, like shelves, etc. and put them up in the closet. That way you can customize it the way you want.

Happy planning!

PulpBlossom
Guru
PulpBlossom
In response to lovestoscrap3000

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
I have a small scrap area in our guest room..i have to keep most of my things in the closet so when guests come things are clean. I have a desk that is always out in view but i try to keep it clean.

I use the closet for alot of my storage.
I find that using over the door shoe organizers are great! The little pockets make for perfect storing of anything..esp embellies! There are some pics in my gallery.

An over the door shoe organizer is a great idea! I'm finding that I have some odds and ends that just don't fit anywhere else - that would be a great place for them. Thanks!

Cydney
Cydney 
Resident
Cydney
In response to PulpBlossom

I don't just use the closet - I also have a TV cabinet that I keep supplies in but the great majority of my stuff is in the closet. My DH built a "desk" the length of the closet. I use the storage above for my sizzix and other cutting supplies, and then on either side under the desk I have pull out drawers that I use for paper, stamps, etc. I recently put one of those magnetic dry erase boards/bulletin board above the desk, and I love that - it keeps clutter off my desk! I want to put some more shelves up too.

Closet:

My closet By Cydney

Cabinet:
TV Cabinet By Cydney

rosiecast
Diva
rosiecast
In response to Cydney

Thanks ladies! Keep them coming.

Martica
Queen
Martica