Username Post: Post or strap hinge favorite?        (Topic#1483111)
cls99
cls99 
Tenant
cls99
  • cls99 on 10-15-08 01:52 PM

Well I was reading the post on post bound scrapbooks. I have strap hinge and actually broke the staple hinge when trying to tightening it. Was so mad. LOL Hubby just a couple weeks ago made a new one with his dexterity out of a scrapbook page cardboard hinge. So I wanted t ask who likes what? After reading about the post bound I am wondering what should I choose.

cls99

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to cls99

I like Creative Memories strap hinge albums.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to johnsusan8

I have had good luck with both.

I like the CM's ones of course. (stap hinge)

And I also am a fan of Colorbok . (post bound)

An added benefit of both is that they are both true to size (meaning that you don't have to trim your pages to fit) as you sometimes do for other albums (or the old CM ones).

Edited by KatieJo on 10-16-08 06:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

1FUNSCRAPPER
Resident
1FUNSCRAPPER
In response to johnsusan8

• johnsusan8 Said:
I like Creative Memories strap hinge albums.

I also love these. In addition at Michaels there is another stap hinge album who's name brand is called Westrim . I get those as well as they are a little less cheaper than CM. When they go on sale and I have a coupon - it's even better!

Ariana524
Veteran
Ariana524
In response to 1FUNSCRAPPER

I like the concept of the strap hinge but always end up buying post bound because I find more I like in the post bound. Then I convert them to the SNAPLOAD. It's cheap and easy. Any time I see them...I buy them all up for future books.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Ariana524

• Ariana524 Said:
I like the concept of the strap hinge but always end up buying post bound because I find more I like in the post bound. Then I convert them to the SNAPLOAD. It's cheap and easy. Any time I see them...I buy them all up for future books.

Yep- I do the same thing! Love the snapload! I have found that the adhesive on the backs of the holder thingies isn't too strong so I use terrifically tacky tape on the back and it's not going ANYWHERE!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to Seaexplore

My first album I did was a CM strap-hinge and then I decided never again. I only use postbound now and usually convert to the snapload system before I start putting pages in.

You're pretty much committed with the strap-hinge on the order of your pages and it somewhat "forces" you to scrap chronologically and I hate that. There's just a lot more freedom with the postbound. Colorbok is a great brand too.

tuckerlisa
Guru
tuckerlisa
In response to chattycat

I've never heard of the Snapload system before. What is it?

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 10-27-08 01:28 PM
In response to cls99

I have bought all postboaund but am converting them all to snapload!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 10-28-08 12:51 PM
In response to Hev

Personally, I love the D-ring albums. It's sooooo easy if you need to move pages around. I do that frequently since I don't scrap chronologically. Some you can alter the cover & others are just pretty all by theirselves! LOL

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ALevy

I don't like post bound or strap hinge.

I use 3-ring albums and love 'em!!

Andrew_P
Tenant
Andrew_P
In response to tuckerlisa

You can find the Snap Load System here in the Superstore!
Products Referenced in This Post:

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to cls99

I started off with strap-hinge...i don't think I will ever get another one again. I just don't think they are very user friendly. ESPECIALLY if you want to change things around or add sheets. I felt like everytime I added a sheet it loosened up the strap.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to hbodley17

i like postbound but i think snapload looks cool and would love to try it

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics