Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Is your slicer sturdy        (Topic#1483117)
DKravec
Angel
DKravec

I recently received an email about a new machine coming out for us scrappers. It's called the slice-or-slicer. Not sure which. It's cordless and I'm told you can cut things out in the middle of a layout. Has anybody else heard of this machine and if you've seen it, what do you think of it.

Edited by dkravec on 11-11-08 09:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to DKravec

The slice is from Making Memories . If you look at there website it has a video of it being demoed.I think it would be awesome for crops. But I've heard that the price is a little high.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Swirls R Pretty

It's retailing for $150. My hope is that they won't print an exclusion on the Coupons right away and that I can get it at AC Moore or Michael's for 40-50% off!!!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to siameseplease

i haven't seen at any scrapbook store yet

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
It's retailing for $150. My hope is that they won't print an exclusion on the Coupons right away and that I can get it at AC Moore or Michael's for 40-50% off!!!

ME to. for Coupons

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to southern lady

Making Memories has demo'd it at the last two CHA shows. I never really paid attention to when it would be out. You do have to buy cartridges, though it comes with one when you buy the tool. You have to use a sticky glass mat when cutting. I understand that you can refresh the stickiness, as it does wear out. I believe you apply it with a brush (like a paint).

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Scrappy Nan

Go up to the videos tab at the top of this page - there's a demo there. it looks fab!

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to SuperAllyFan

I want one..... put it on my birthday and christmas wish list.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to pearlygadget

I am so psyched for the Slice, but I am waiting until Christmas to get it and its accessories. I checked the "store locator" and didn't see any stores like Joann's listed on the site, but, I am hoping that because of the upcoming holidays, it will be carried in one of the art department stores.

Karen-Lee
Queen
Karen-Lee
In response to annoniemous

I just watched the video....awesome tool!!! I want one!

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 10-15-08 04:33 PM
In response to Karen-Lee

my sister won one from cku she was suppose to get it last month but shipment was delayed to this month..just emailed her to see if she got it yet...see how she likes it

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to hdsue

I was in Archivers this week and they had it in. It wasnt set up yet to demo or for sale, but saw it behind the counter... so soon!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to ChansGram

I got an email that it was released TODAY. And the email said that scrapbook.com will be carrying it! Any word from Joann's, AC Moore, or Michael's?

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to annoniemous

I want one. i am going to ask my husban to get this for me for christmas

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

I just checked out the video. Love the new machine. Can't wait to check it out. Wish I never went up to the video section though. I found way too many other cool things that I'm now wanting. Thank you alleyfan for mentioning the video. I never paid attention to what was going on in the upper area of my screen. I've just learned another new thing about this site.

MYIA
MYIA 
Diva
MYIA
  • MYIA on 10-16-08 06:59 AM

I went to my lss last weekend and they sent her one early, soi sampled it! It is nice, I have a cricket so I dont need it but I am purchasing it for my bff, the only con is that you have to hold it in place while it works, I am so used to loaing my pp and doing something else but you have to hold this one!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to MYIA

I am happy with my Cricut.
Another pricey diecut machine=not for me.

amber@MSP
Resident
amber@MSP
In response to DawnInAZ

Yeah, the Slice is a nice machine. I was able to demo it at CHA in July. Like MOMMYOF3LW said, you do have to hold it in place while it cuts. I too prefer the Cricut machine, however, this is a great machine for people who don't want to invest not only the money but the space of a Cricut. The Slice is very user-friendly, quick to learn and you can purchase this super cute carrying case for it to take it to crops and whatnot.

The cartridges are like SD cards, so they are very compact compared to Cricut, which is nice. Should be available very very soon.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to amber@MSP

When I stopped at the lss while on vacation, the lady there said their slice machine wasn't working so she wasn't able to show me a demo. It worry's me that it will break easy. Has anybody had any trouble with theirs.

bmwup
bmwup 
Expert
bmwup
  • bmwup on 11-13-08 09:14 AM
In response to DKravec

OK I am SO torn...I DO have a Cricut...but want the Slice to take to crops and such ...My DH MIL and SIL want to get it for me for Christmas ...anyone else have anymore input????

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics