Boys are 3 and 5. i've recently been really into bright colors. I'm looking for both scrap supplies and tools. I've been looking thru the store, but it's all so overwhelming. LOL
Your message came through while I was "shopping." I was totally focused on paper and hadn't even considered tools. What do you have already? Good trimmer? Basic inks/chalks and applicators? Microtip scissors? Crop-a-dile?
I am excited to see the responses to this question too. Here are a few papers I have and am preparing to use..maybe you will find something too. I have a few others from these lines which aren't available...but I think these give you some ideas.
I am so glad you posted this question, My baby boy is 18 now, but it has been so hard for me not to make fu fu lo's on him. So I am learning. My 2 cents..I love my big bite! To me that was the best thing I got!
1. Buying two albums (one for ea.). And possibly buying mini clear albums or chipboard ones too.
2. Buying paper. I'd probably spend $20-40 on paper alone. Getting matching colours. Some of the Fancy Pants coloured pp above looks really cool!
3. Distress inks, anything Tim Holtz (I love his stuff).
4. Stickles (one bottle, to match the new pp).
5. Stamp set. Maybe one of the clear stamps that has the journalling tag outlines (those are pretty cool and versatile).
6. Punch. I would probably buy one punch, I love em.
7. Ribbon and brads.
Now, if you have all of the above....you could always invest in something "big", like one of those machines...name is eluding me...that can do embossing or die cuts. I think you could get some for under $200.
I personally would love to buy a whole bunch of smaller stuff, create a big new stash of goodies!
Patterend paper mentioned above it great!
I would buy some matching Bazzill cardstock.
I use a lot of metal embellisments on DS's pages.
My DS plays soccer and is in cub scouts so I would buy items relating to those activities.
As far as tools go I love my Expression!
I embellish my DS's LO's using brads and shaped brads, metal, wire, jute, leather, buttons (usually black and white)and metallic rub-ons.
That is all I can think of off the top of my head.
Hope this helps!