Username Post: Naked/Plain Album Question        (Topic#1483387)
Purpose By Design
Expert
Purpose By Design

Since there aren't sheet protectors it seems you would have to use a lot of adhesive to make everying stay in its place. How do you adhere pp to the pages? Do you use the pages as a background and build the page from there or do you just adhere a pp of the same size to make your own background paper? Do you use Glue Dots to adhere brads? And so you use both sides?

Checkout Mini Albums in an Evening By Simple Scrapbooks . I have been trying to read through it. I even bought the Sizzix Scalloped Circle to make my own mini album. There is one on the cover.

Edited by Purpose By Design on 10-21-08 02:05 PM. Reason for edit: Added Book

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 10-18-08 05:01 AM
In response to Purpose By Design

I have often wondered about this too. Also, how would you keep finger prints off of everything?

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to KimKV

I would recommend printing your photos in matte, not glossy. This will help reduce the look of fingerprints. Mini albums are meant to be touched, held, felt, and looked at! That's they're purpose. If you're worried about fingerprints, invest in a fingerprint cloth for photos. When you're ready to put the mini album away, just wipe off your photos with the cloth.

I commonly practice the sacred "don't" of scrapbooking. I apply adhesive to all for sides of every element. I use Adtech adhesive, which is only $2.27 for TWO refills (and is super sticky), so this is never a problem for me. I do this whether or not my pages are in page protectors . For lots of coverage, you can also invest in Mod Podge or spray adhesive.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to annoniemous

I never have worried about it just put the pictures on the pages with the embellishments and paper and am done with it. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Purpose By Design
Expert
Purpose By Design
In response to cdsqueen

Any other ideas?

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen

What if you have a bulky embellishment on the opposite page? Wouldn't it leave an imprint or scratch the other side? I know that even with page protectors , I sometimes get 'bumps' on the opposite side from where my brads are.

I can't believe there isn't a scrapbooking solution/product out there for everything. There has to be something, ha ha.

Purpose By Design
Expert
Purpose By Design
In response to Dancing Queen

I did a homemade mini for my nieces and I used fabric paint one one page. I know it was fully dry. It stuck to the photo on the next page.

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma

I have never used fabric paint, so I have no idea why it stuck to the photo. Do you think you could make a page out of a transparency to cover the painted one? It wouldn't add bulk, and you can just punch holes that match your book.

Swatmommy, I store my scrapbooks vertically because someone told me that would prevent the bumps you are talking about. I guess it does because I haven't seen any.

Edited by okiegrandma on 10-23-08 04:59 PM. Reason for edit: typo

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics