Username Post: How do you transfer your bling?        (Topic#1483615)
nickle831
Resident
nickle831

How do you transfer your dot bling stickers with out them falling apart. The smaller ones I've been able to do with a little struggle, but the bigger ones just seem like it's going to be a fight.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to nickle831

• nickle831 Said:
How do you transfer your dot bling stickers with out them falling apart. The smaller ones I've been able to do with a little struggle, but the bigger ones just seem like it's going to be a fight.

What is a "dot bling sticker"?

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to Sunnydi

You mean like the Heidi Swapp bling frames and Prima Say it in Crystals?

I've never had a problem with either tearing, I just make sure to be extra careful with it at the points where edges join.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to scrappyJedi

Well, every single bling object I have ever used is completely attached so it should not fall apart.

Hannah S
Expert
Hannah S
In response to nickle831

• nickle831 Said:

I picked a pack of bling up at wal-mart and they didn't work that well. They pulled apart very easily.

nickle831
Resident
nickle831
In response to Hannah S

Thanks ladies, yep the crystal bling is what I was refering to. I couldn't think of what it actually was yesterday. You guys don't have the problem of it folding onto itself when you are pulling off the backing or what do you do to avoid this.

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to nickle831

I have a little flat plastic stick that I use to hold one side (keeps it from folding onto itself or prematurely sticking onto my page) while I position the other side. Does that make sense? I have no idea what this little stick is called - its long and flat on one side (like an emoryy board, only smooth), and kind of flat and pointed on the other side. Things don't get stick to it, so it makes working with self-adhesive embellishments really nice.

HTH
Tracy

nickle831
Resident
nickle831
In response to Dancing Queen

Thanks Tracy that's a good idea. I have a bone folder I wonder it it will work the same way.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 10-21-08 08:52 AM

• swatmommy Said:
I have a little flat plastic stick that I use to hold one side (keeps it from folding onto itself or prematurely sticking onto my page) while I position the other side. Does that make sense? I have no idea what this little stick is called - its long and flat on one side (like an emoryy board, only smooth), and kind of flat and pointed on the other side. Things don't get stick to it, so it makes working with self-adhesive embellishments really nice.

HTH
Tracy

I imagine this tool is similar to a little putty knife, wallpaper smoothing spatula or spackle spatula that you could get at your local Lowe's or other home improvement store for cheap. They make all sizes/widths, too, so I'm sure you could find one that would work for this. I have a very small one that I use for other craft-related things, but this is such a great idea to use it for bling!

CropMommy
Tenant
CropMommy

Is that the tool from CM?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CropMommy

I have the tool from CM --it's kind of like a letter opener on one end.

I think a bone folder would work--or, like Ami said, a plastic putty knife.

Probably even a disposable plastic picnic knife, or a ruler.

charlottemd
Diva
charlottemd
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think you could also use the flat end of the Basic Grey rub on roller. I have had some of my gems come off when I pick up a whole piece but all I do is stick them back on when they fall off.The sticky strip lets them stick right back on.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to nickle831

• nickle831 Said:

I use the quicker-poker-picker-uppe r. It works great, has like a spatula in one end and a stick green thing on the other.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics