Username Post: What should I ask for christmas?        (Topic#1484217)
Lue_BR
Lue_BR 
Expert
Lue_BR

Hi, I have been scrapbooking for less than a year, I would like to know what do you have that you use a lot and you think is really essential for your scrapbooking hobby. I know that it will depend, and everyone will have a different choice, but I am just looking for some ideas.
I only have the basic supplies ( papers, pens,albums,...)

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to Lue_BR

I'm asking for a bind it all. It's something that I wouldn't have thought of when I first started scrapping, but now I'd like to make my own scrapbooks and do calendars too. It's also nice to have one scrapbook computer program. I've had a Creating Keepsakes one and recently got Scrapbook Factory. Another item I've just gotten in the past 6 mos or so is the crop a dile. I've wondered why I never thought I needed it. I love it.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

I am asking for stickles, paper and gift cards. Thats what I got last year and I made out pretty good!!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to SQ Mandi

I am asking for refills for my ATG and a down payment for a crop weekend.

What I can't live without in my stash:

Bind It All
Doodlebug Sugarcoating Glitter
Martha Stewart glitter glue
Copic Pens (I use them for journaling)
QuicKutz --all of it
Fiskars Personal Rotary trimmmer that takes F Series blades
Punches from Stampin Up And Ek Success
Fiskars border punches
Scissors from Tonic By TimHoltz

Ideas for you--how about a kit club membership? They usually send pretty fun stuff.

collectin scraps
Resident
collectin scraps
In response to Jennifer Priest

I think the border punches from various companies add a lot of bang for the buck-especially when you use Coupons . Ink pads are also nice for inking around edges of papers, embellishments, etc...

Jamie Pope
Queen
Jamie Pope
In response to collectin scraps

the one tool I reach for all the time is my crop-a-dile and big bite. inks are really fun to play with - distress inks, alcohol inks, stazon if you work with transparencies or acrylic albums. and stickles are a must have item - everything needs a touch of shimmer. for patterned paper , Basic Grey and Bazzill for cardstock.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Jamie Pope

Smaller ticket items: Pens, punches, letter stickers, ink pads, flowers, brads, eyelets, Xyron X, paper packs

Larger ticket items: Cricut, Sizzix (or other die cutting machine), cartridges and dies for these, a nice cutter, laminator

I'd love to go shopping for a new scrapper!

-Mary

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to Lue_BR

Hi, I have also been scrapping for less than a year! I am asking for a diecutting machine for Christmas. Also on my wishlist are: gift cards, Crop-a-dile, new paper trimmer, or money to use for guilt-free craft shopping!

For small items, I'd suggest Cutterbee scissors, stickles, pens, craft knife, self-healing mat, and lots of adhesive.

elledee
Guru
elledee
In response to deigh_z33

hmm...i definitely want a new camera and a photo printer. but related to scrapbooking i would get a subscription to a scrap magazine helps with ideas a lot! for any skill level. ribbons, brads, ink, stamps, die cuts, large scalloped styled paper.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to elledee

I am going to ask for gift cards for Christmas and my birthday this year. this way I can go shopping...

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to elledee

Something I have asked for is anything I don't have in the clear stamp lines... especially alphabet, flourish and flower stamps for me. And of course that means that inks and blocks (and if you don't have those already) are nice additions to the list. The great thing about these if you ask for specific ones you really like you can reuse them again and again and again. And some aren't very expensive at all.

For some reason it wouldn't let me add any more products - but you get some of the idea.

Edited by KatieJo on 10-26-08 10:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

Also those stencils from Crafter's Workshop are fun to play with and not horribly expensive so you could get a nice collection to play with for lots of inspiration.

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma
In response to KatieJo

How about some expensive paper you'd never buy for yourself? A good make-ready knife? A good white pen? Notice a trend here? I scrap as econimically as I can, and I really like the expensive stuff as gifts! There's always something I want/need. On my list is the Big Bite because my hands are getting weak and sore. I think it will be easier to use than the hammer method of setting eyelets, punching holes, etc.

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to okiegrandma

The product I have used the most is clear stamps. If you get a nice clear stamp alphabet you can use them over and over on many things. Plus it's alot cheaper than constantly rebuying sticker or chipboard letters. Give clear stamps a try I really love mine.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to La8ebug

You can't go wrong with cardstock packs (the good stuff - no the cheapies from Walmart).

Shannonmarie123
Pro
Shannonmarie123
In response to Judy_Scraps

gift cards to scraping stores for sure! that way you definitely get what you want!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics