Username Post: Stitching Help...        (Topic#1484421)
i.love.chris
Veteran
i.love.chris

I love seeing the hand stitching on some of these beautiful pages. I would love to know how to do it. But, I have no clue where to start.

What are the materials you use?
Are templates a good investment?
Are there any articles or videos I could check out?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 10-28-08 08:57 AM
In response to i.love.chris

I really like the stitching too, but have never done it. I've thought about buying some of the In Stitchz templates, but haven't done that either! LOL I did find a video tutorial on here that may help though...
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 143&c...

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to ALevy

One tip I can give you is to pierce your paper first. It cuts down on the wrinkles. LOL

Another on is if your not to comfy with free handing definitely go with a template. There are some amazing ones available.

a_bowen13
Expert
a_bowen13
In response to Swirls R Pretty

I always pierce my paper first (and you don't have to have a fancy paper piercer to do it) with my needle in the pattern I want and then stitch. You can pretty much stitch any pattern you want.
If you find a design online you want to use first a stitch pattern, print it out and place it on top of your layout wherever you want it and pierce it and the layout paper.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to i.love.chris

I think the templates can really be helpful when you just aren't sure where to start or you don't already sew or embroider.

I have the Circle, Swirls, and Alphabet templates for this and love them. I already know how to sew and embroider but if I don't want to freehand, these templates are easy to use.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to a_bowen13

• a_bowen13 Said:

If you find a design online you want to use first a stitch pattern, print it out and place it on top of your layout wherever you want it and pierce it and the layout paper.

Love this idea!!

i.love.chris
Veteran
i.love.chris
In response to Jennifer Priest

Thank you all so much! I am most definatly going to try my hand at some stitching. Wish me luck!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics