Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Car Scrapbooking        (Topic#1484461)
La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug

My husband has taken months building a new engine for his Mustang GT. I've gotten a bunch of pictures of him, his dad and brother all working on the car together. I really want to scrap all the car pictures. I'm having a really hard time finding the right papers. Any ideas where I can find Car, mustang, shop, garage, themed paper? Or just something distressed looking that would go with the car parts theme???? Thanks for the help

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma
In response to La8ebug

I can't help with the papers, but this sounds like a wonderful album. Good luck, and be sure to post this jewel.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to okiegrandma

What color is the car??

Could you pick a color theme like black and red and carry that through the album?? Then maybe add checkered flag paper.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Aumommie

i would check DCWV stacks. they have some that look like the pattern on the gladiator tool chests. and i would look at your LSS. they sometimes have loose papers would fit your criteria.

if that doesnt work, there are LOTS of stickers and stamps available, you could make your own custom papers.

good luck!

kdott 
Resident
  • kdott on 10-28-08 03:23 PM
In response to Lamoo12

I'm picturing some Basic Grey distressed looking paper...plus, there are brads that look like screws that are so cool! They look like Philips heads or straight screw heads (sorry, not sure of my tool terminology!) Anyway, I've used them on my son's Lego building pages and they are so cool--that would be perfect for your car pages!

kkurtz
kkurtz 
Expert
kkurtz
In response to kdott

I sent you a pm. HIH's

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to kdott

I like the idea that Aumommie had about picking a theme color and go with that. This way you can use different embellishments to make each page special.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to momtokatie

Rusty Pickle had a line of read and black and cream papers last year--I can't think of the name but I use them for when DH takes the kids to the Route 66 Car Show--they work perfect for cars and car parts, Just throw a little shiny silver paper on and it works. I get my shiny silver paper from BeUnique. I think Bazzill has one too that is NOT the bling--it is shinier. HTH

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Jennifer Priest

All they have in the store here is the embellies and one paper. But this is the line-- Rusty Pickle Mayflower.

Ryans_Mommy
Expert
Ryans_Mommy
In response to Jennifer Priest

theres one piece of pp i stock up on for my bfs sb. i get it a michaels and it looks like dirt with tire tracks running through it. its in my gallery..its kind of black and white but it looks awesome!
also, you can put pieces of metal mesh over plain paper to make it masculine hth

scrapam
Guru
scrapam
In response to Ryans_Mommy

You could somehow do a repeat word pattern on white paper that ties in w/ Hubby's car like the model or some short phrases repeated straight or diagonally. Also, print a related car magazine article for background paper. If you look through the car mags, you'll for sure get some ideas!

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to scrapam

Cosmo Cricket had some papers that I thought looked like they would be good for that type of page. What year of Mustang? As you can tell by my screen name I am a huge Mustang fan! What a awesome project. Not sure if you googled Ford Mustang Scrapbooking what you would get, but it might lead you to something. Best of luck on your fun project!
Products Referenced in This Post:

brooklynbrat
Veteran
brooklynbrat
In response to mustangkayla

If all else fails, you could try some of the Harley Davidson papers. They have some papers with no motorcycles that might work.

Edited by brooklynbrat on 10-29-08 08:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to brooklynbrat

Here is something to give you some inspiration.

Grave Digger Museum By Scraphappy2006

I made a tire w/ black pp and used the dirt track pp for the background.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 10-29-08 10:25 AM
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

Here's a few things I was thinking of using for some Harley Davidson pages I'm doing. I didn't want true HD items & Kels actually did a page I just loved. Some of these more "manly" items may work for you too. And here's a few items that others mentioned as well. HTH!

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to ALevy

You could make some calls to your local tool guys. Snap-On and Matco get some of their catalogs. There are some cool things in there that make great embellies when run through a Xyron . If you can't get them to give you any you can PM and I'll will mail you some of my husbands. Hes an auto tech and I use them on his pages all the time.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Swirls R Pretty

Just use plain colored cardstock in any colors, but make them look like a set by taking a toy car and rolling the tires over a black ink pad, then randomly across the pages. You could have a variety of background colors, but they would still "go together".

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to dwelch

Thanks for all the great ideas ladies! His car is a Black 2003 Mustang GT. Most of the pictures are in the garage and full of tools and car parts. So most everything is shades of grey.

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to La8ebug

The metal tool brads are great. I really like the black and grey papers. I will try to find more distresses and retro looking paper pads.

I really love the idea of using catalogs and magizine pics for embellishments.

La8ebug
Expert
La8ebug
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Just use plain colored cardstock in any colors, but make them look like a set by taking a toy car and rolling the tires over a black ink pad, then randomly across the pages. You could have a variety of background colors, but they would still "go together".

Awesome idea!!! My hubby still has a little hot wheels car he plays with on the desk. I really love the tire track idea. I can't wait to try it out

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics