Username Post: Poll - Left In The Package? Or Out Of The Package?        (Topic#1484543)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Leave It IN The Package?...
...Or Take It OUT Of The Package?...

That is the Question!

The Weekly Poll Question of the Day is...When you purchase something new for scrapbooking (whether it be pp, embellishments or tools), What do you usually do with it?

Do you put it away left in the package?

Or do you immediately take it out?

Does it immediately get assigned a home? (Such as a container, a box or your Clip-It-Up ?)

Or, does it maybe not always neccessarily even (if ever) have a home?

Poll - Left In The Package? Or Out Of The Package?
I like to leave my products IN the package.
I like to take my new products OUT of the package.
Whenever possible, I like to put new products away immediately.
I have to admit, I don't always have a good place to store some of the new things that I buy.
You may choose up to 4 options.
Votes accepted from 10-29-08 12:12 PM to 10-29-09 12:12 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Please feel free to share or link whatever favorite system or products seem to work best for you!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I'm a combination of all 4 things.

I'm getting better at keeping things in their packages once they come in to my space...Otherwise, the drawers & or my work table fills up way too quickly!

* I've also quit shopping for the last couple of months, so that of course, has helped immensely! LOL!

p.s. I forgot to add a 5th category...In which, , I like to actually immediately use my new products whenever possible! (However, sadly, many times I think new products come into my space & I mysteriously never ever 'see' them again!) Urgh!

As always, Thanks for playing along with this weeks weekly poll!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to KellyCali

I get ribbed by my sb friends because I leave EVERYTHING in the original packaging.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to DawnInAZ

I like things in the orginal package as much as possible just so if I want to get it again I know who made it. I don't do it as much with paper but I def do with embellies

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to KellyCali

Well, I'm A little mixed here. Paper always get put in place in the cubes. Flowers are sorted by color. Ribbons are taken off the spool and wrapped on cards and put in a bin by color (s0lids have their own box). Brads are put in brad jar and buttons are sorted by color. Flat packaged embishments are left in package and either hung om peg board or placed in drawer. I try to keep organized, but sometimes I slip up and leave things in shopping ags for a while.

Selena
Selena 
Tenant
Selena
In response to KellyCali

I like to hang the new items on my slat board right above my work space. look at them a while then I take them out of the package and put them away where they go.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Selena

I always take everything out of the package. I can fit so much more in the same space by doing that!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Jennifer Priest

I almost always leave the item with the packaging. So that I can indicate my item list after making a page.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

Good idea Dawny! A lot of my stuff I remember the manufacturer. I have a LOT of Bazzill , Basic Grey , Prima, and Making Memories stuff...I even have a drawer for Making Memories . Other stuff...clueless...

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to BlingQueenRia

I put my supplies away immediately. The only things left in the package are rubons and letter stickers. Everything else has a drawer or container.

Scrawford11
Expert
Scrawford11
In response to KellyCali

I like to take my products out of the package and put them away in a container. Its easier to find them and store. BUT. When I buy papers that match, even if they are in a package, I keep them together. I have a hard time identifying what matches when it comes to patterns, so I keep those together. Gets a bit messy that way, but saves me a headache trying to remember what can go with what.
S

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

I keep any embellies in their packaging and hang them from my Clip It Up ... If I buy a package of papers (such as a BG paper collection) I keep them in the packaging and set it on my paper shelf. Supplies and tools I put away in my "tools/supplies" drawer.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to KellyCali

I am a little confused by the choices. I use a Scraprack and so take items out of their packaging and put them into the Scraprack immediately. It's the best organizational tool around.

Scraprack - left side of scrapbook/sewing room By Fourblueyes

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to Sunnydi

I pretty much leave it in the package but it also had a "home" in my scrap area.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 02-04-09 11:50 AM
In response to ScrappyHeather

Generally, I take my new stuff out of the package unless I have nowhere to store it or want to keep matching things together for a while.

Edited by Judes on 02-04-09 11:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Judes

I like to leave stuff in their packaging awhile and admire them, but then I generally take them out and put them away because I don't have much storage.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics