Username Post: What do I do with all the other pics?        (Topic#1484579)
Soly4
Soly4 
New Kid On the Block
Soly4
  • Soly4 on 10-29-08 06:06 PM

I'm "very" new to scapbooking and I have a question. I have SO many pictures in boxes and bins,etc. I use my favorites to scrapbook right? well, what do you guys do with all the other pictures you didn't use????? i have so many!
thanks for any help.
Soly

Kimmylois
Diva
Kimmylois
In response to Soly4

I've tried doing multi-photos layouts as a two-pager. It's tough though to pick your favorites!!

a_bowen13
Expert
a_bowen13
In response to Kimmylois

One way to use most of your photos is to do 2-page layouts.

My pictures are on disks and I get prints of my favorites to use on my layouts. That way, I can always have the other pictures for memories.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to a_bowen13

I did a blog post about this a while back with a few pics--let me see if I can find the link...

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Jennifer Priest

Here's the link:

http://jenniferpriest.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-five-...

But I'll try to see what I can paste on here--my pics aren't showing but you can see them on my blog. HTH

If anyone orders wayyy too many prints from one event, that’d be me! LOL I get a BOX every time I order from Snapfish. I even order the blurry pics sometimes because I can see what was going on in the pic (even if everyone else can’t) and I get all sentimental about these un-useable pics. Problem is, I have tons of leftover stacks of pics floating around everywhere. Here are five ideas for using up prints that don’t make it onto your layouts:

1. Create cards from them. Come on, who doesn’t love a card with a funny face? A 4x6 print is perfect for the front of card. Crop it, attach it to the card front and then dress it up with some fun googly eyes, flowers, or whatever you fancy.

2. Create a “Faces of” Page of your family or the subject in the pictures with your blurry photos. You can even cut them all down to just the faces and tile them all over a page. On this page I just used 2x2 cropped pics of Matt over the last year making funny faces. I've already done layouts of all these pics so they are truly extras. To make it more "funny" I added a bracket mustache to Matt too! LOL

3. Insert 4x6 photo pages between the pages in your scrapbook to slip these pics into. Karen H., from Book Club at The Scrappin’ Table, has done this for years and the idea was recently featured in one of the scrapping mags. Bazzill even has Lickety Slip albums now where you can put these pages in them).

4. Create small home décor projects for the office. Hanging calendars, post it note holders…you can add photos to all of these so they do double duty as an office supply and a photo frame. This works really well for wallet size pics.

This is a post-it note / mini bulletin board we made in Book Club last month. It is perfect for the spot next to the fridge, your desk at work or in any narrow space. I have mine in my scrap room and yes, I use those post-its ALOT! It folds up too if you want to make it a mini book instead...

This is a mini acetate wall hanging we did as a book club project ( you might remember seeing it on my blog before...). It's a great way to make a small gifty item using some extra wallet size pics.

5. Create a pocket behind the layout to house all the extra photos. Close to My Heart even sells “True Fit Folios” that are 12x12 and fit behind a page—you can slip all kinds of great stuff in there with your extra pics, like certificates, award ribbons, tickets, event programs.... For more info contact Laura Miller, my CTMH rep.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Jennifer Priest

I stick mine in a photo album and just do los of the great pics useually multi pic lo's

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Soly4

I love using multiple pics in my LOs, as well as interactive elements etc to fit even MORE in! (Feel free to check out my gallery - )

But yeah you can't scrap 'em all. You'd drive yourself crazy trying to (though I do try to scrap MANY to MOST). I keep regular photo albums in addition to my scrapbooks.

Also, we have a digi cam so I try to only print the ones that I really like &/or think I'll scrap, so we have less prints to deal w/ to begin w/.

HTH!

Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty
In response to blushpea

I have a regular album that I slip my extras into. With a note to the Date/Event and person listed beside it. That way I sitll have them and years from now when my kids look at them they'll know who made all those silly faces.

Soly4
Soly4 
New Kid On the Block
Soly4
  • Soly4 on 10-30-08 05:47 AM
In response to Swirls R Pretty

thank you for your advice! i just started scrapbooking and i have a billion pictures "before" the digital camera era....so, theres lots of them. I'm going to start buying extra albums and just put extra pics in them that i'm not using. again, thank you
Soly

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 10-30-08 11:32 AM
In response to Soly4

I usually use a lot of pics in a layout. I have very few los with only one picture on it. I store the ones I don't use in a box or I give them to my husband (he has his own photo album he keeps). Sometimes if it really is just a bad shot or something that I have a ton of other shots of then I just toss it.

scrappinmy4kids
Expert
scrappinmy4kids
In response to CASBa

I put all my extra in a box.

jakndian
Expert
jakndian
In response to scrappinmy4kids

I give the ones I know I won't scrap to my kids. They sometimes make their own little albums with any leftovers. Of course, this usually means I have to give up some of my other coveted supplies and I don't like to do that! I suppose I'll never use that rubber cement again, but you never know! LOL

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to jakndian

I throw away any that are so bad, ie..out of focus, etc....

The rest that I want to keep, but just don't scrap I add to the back of the album in sheet protectors like these listed below.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Patti Sylvia

i put them in a shoe box sized photo box i got at m's. i don't have too many leftover pics since i don't do one pic LO's a lot. if i have a photo that is almost identical to another one (ex: my family sitting together and i take two photos back to back in a 10 second time frame to make sure i "have the shot"), i save it and give to someone else in the pic. recently i am setting aside some random extras for my b/f since i'm the only person in our group of friends who carries a camera everywhere. (sure him and his buddies being goofy while eating cheesesticks is funny, but i think the 2 selects are fine...so i give him the extras the didn't make it in the scrapbook)for blurry photos i toss unless they are really old or the only ones i have of something important to me (like a favorite friend/place)that i can't go back and get a better pic of.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics