Page 1 of 85 
Username Post: December Scrap Pack Challenge!! Congrats Winners        (Topic#1486395)
scrappack
Expert
scrappack

Time to get ready for December!! ... this is BJscrapsalot ready to get another month of the scrap pack challenge underway. My co-host for this month is TripletMomS, Candy, yes the two of us together... be afraid, be very afraid.

For anyone who is not familiar this is an awesome way to get you to try some things that you may have not tried before, or think old things out in new ways. Either way it will definitely get your creative juices flowing!! This is also a wonderful place to make great friendships with some awesome scrappers.

I wanted to post signups a bit earlier this month in the hopes that packs could be postal by Thanksgiving to beat the holiday mail rush, as well as to give everyone plenty of time to get done with all the things that will be going on for the holidays.

First packs to be postal November 25
Layouts due to be completed by midnight .. December 26, 2008
Voting will begin .. December 27, 2008
Voting will end .. December 30, 2008

Each participant will need to mail...
* $3.50 which will cover the cost of me buying supplies that will be sent to you as well as shipping fees.
*PLUS*
* $3.50 NIP scrapbooking goody or $3.50 towards a gift certificate that will be added to the prize stash.

**note.. this can be sent thru paypal but you will need to add a $.50 fee that they charge me to receive it. **

**note.. packs will not be mailed until $$ is recvd. **

Each participant will receive the same items back from me to use on their layout. After all packs are recevied I will post a list of the items that were sent. These items will be a combination of both traditional and non traditional scrapbooking items. You must use each item on your layout. The only things you may add to the layout are photos, paper, ink, paint, and chalk. Some examples of items that were sent in packs in the past... ribbon, fabric, flowers, washers, mesh screen, Cd's, metal house plate number, brads, beads, etc. No other embellishments may be used on the page other than what is sent in the pack. I will not send any items that require you to have specific tools to use them.

The layouts will be submitted anonomously to the scrap pack gallery when you are finished. Please, DO NOT upload them to your own gallery until the voting has finished. Layouts found to be in personal user galleries before voting will be considered disqualified. I set the voting up to end at least one day prior to the end of the month so at that time you can upload to your own gallery if you would wish to use it for any other challenges.

From all the layouts submitted the judges will choose what they feel are the 5 best for the categories of Best Overall and Most creative use of materials. I will then post a poll for the sb.com community to vote on for the winners.

There will be 3 chances to win.
1. $25 from the prize total will be put into a random drawing of all scrappers who complete a layout that is not included in the voting.
2. Half of the remaining prize total will go to the winner of voting for Best Overall layout.
3. Other half of the remaining prize total will go to the winner of voting for Most Creative Use of Items.

*Judges positions have been filled*
If anyone would be interested in being a judge please let me know right away, these spots go quick! I will also send a pack of supplies out to the judges so that they can see what the partcipants have to work with.

When the judges give me their top 5 picks I assign points to the layouts depending on where they fall in that list and that is how I determine who goes to the voting. There are definitely chances that one judge might put someone in one category and another might put that same person in the other category. So, if a person falls in the top 5 in both categories I am going to leave them in the voting for the one they got the most points in and remove them from the other. This way one person will never be in both categories and give more people a chance at winning.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Once you let me know that you wish to join I will PM you my address/paypal info. Candy and I have planned the pack already and I will begin shopping soon.

If you would like to see the fun we are having this month in the November Challenge.. please check here. November Scrap Pack Challenge

MINI-CHALLENGES

1. The first person to post their LO to the gallery will win a little something!

2. The first person who can upload a photo of 2 pumpkin seeds here to this thread is the winner of a little gift from either me or BJ. NO, they can't be seperate and YES, I'll know if they are PUMPKIN SEEDS.
WINNER - sgrcookie Serina

3. TBA

- postal to ya
- pack recvd

Hostess
1. BJscrapsalot
2. TripletMomS
Judges
1. MikJ
2. A_Bowen13
Participants
1. SeesterK Winner Best Overall - December Portrait
2. Lamoo12 - X-Mas 2008
3. SandieSea
4. IHeartAslan
5. RobinBird79 - My Little Elf
6. NorthernMemories - Colors of a country
7. ThirdGrade
8. MSnickers2
9. ScrappinGrannyof3
10. SportScrapper
11. ScrapHappyJenn:D - Family
12. MelissaW
13. Renee77 - Lucky In Love
14. ScrappinRaiderFan - Shaina with Santa
15. BBscraps
16. HarleyBunny100
17. BubbleGirl
18. FourBlueEyes - My Favorite Ornaments
19. RobinZberdZ
20. Owen&AudrasMom
21. HappyDiane
22. Inspired.By.Love - Mini Album
23. Suzanne13 Winner Most Creative- Most Precious Gift
24. KdsMommy
25. Pookahbot - Family
26. Hazel2t - Skating Buddies
27. Speppers1 - Christmas Wish
28. FaithScrapper
29. JazzeScrapper
30. Scrapn2
31. Amarilys
32. Kate the Great - Our First Christmas Tree
33. ScrapWriter
34. CsChissell - Abominable Snow Dog
35. SgrCookie - In Memory
36. Jalynne - Stille Nacht
37. RandaSue
38. AkaScrapper
39. ManiH
40. ScrappinKlamath - Merry Christmas
41. MiMi N63 - Just Us 2004
42. TMik
43. StampMom9
44. Linnny - Auntie Helen
45. Tink12170
46. ScrappininMemphis - The Best Gift of All

Prize total so far $154.00

Contents

December 2008 Scrap Pack contents
By Scrappack

Gallery
1. Stille Nacht By Scrappack
Auntie Helen
By Scrappack
Lucky In Love
By Scrappack
Shaina with Santa
By Scrappack
Most Precious Gift
By Scrappack
X-mas 2008
By Scrappack
the abominable snow schnauzer
By Scrappack
Merry Christmas
By Scrappack
Christmas 2001
By Scrappack
My Little Elf!!
By Scrappack
Our First Christmas Tree
By Scrappack
Best gift of all
By Scrappack
My Fav Ornaments
By Scrappack
Christmas Wish
By Scrappack
"Just US 2004"
By Scrappack
In Memory
By Scrappack
Friendship
By Scrappack
color of a country
By Scrappack
These Are Just The Beginnings To A Wonderful Future (mini album)
By Scrappack
December Portrait
By Scrappack
polka dots
By Scrappack
skating buddies
By Scrappack
Family
By Scrappack
family
By Scrappack

Edited by scrappack on 12-30-08 06:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappack
Expert
scrappack
In response to scrappack

There is a typo on the list of items included in the pack. The 11th item says there should be 5 of them... there actually is and only should be 4.

The password has been changed for the Scrap Pack login... please PM BJscrapsalot for the password when you are ready to upload.

Edited by scrappack on 12-02-08 11:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

harleybunny100
Diva
harleybunny100
In response to scrappack

Uh, YOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO. I found you. You know I want in although I'm not even sure I'll get November done yet.

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to harleybunny100

Yay!! On the list!! Can't wait! Now I need to finish November's!!! I'll Pay Pal the money tomorrow.

Oh...Scrap Pack poster...little typo in the first post. Packs will be postal December 25th???

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Robinbird79

Robin... you know I saw that it said November 25 when I edited the post and fixed it ... apparently not very well! These cross months mess me up!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to BJscrapsalot

Count me in. Thanks.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrappack

Count me in for December also. Thanks.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Bubblegirl

welcome to the group!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Sunnydi

• fourblueyes Said:
Count me in for December also. Thanks.

welcome back Diana!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

*paypal recvd from RobinBird79... thanks!

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan

sent you my paypal.

Robinzberdz
Diva
Robinzberdz
In response to scrappinraiderfan

count me in too!!! Never done this before, sounds like a lot of fun!! Pm me with all the info!

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 11-15-08 11:25 PM
In response to Robinzberdz

I would love to join! I'll be waiting for the pay pal info!

Rachel

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to Rae_M

Don't forget me!!! I'm here!!! I want to play!!!

Suzanne13
Diva
Suzanne13
In response to happyDiane

I'm wondering... you probably had this question asked to you a thousand times before... I live in Canada, can I take part in this challenge? If so, you probably need me to send more $ for the shipping... but what about the time it would take me to get the package? Thanks for your reply!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to Suzanne13

hey to all,thanks for signing me up this month bj,bb

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to bbscraps

thanks for adding me to the list i feel so special, like i am a "regular" now. will paypal you now!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Megan Ann

ooh busy morning in scrap pack land here.

Thanks for joining Robinberdz and OwenandAudrasMom, I will get the pm with the info to you shortly. Happy to have youse with us.

Suzanne13, we do currently have a player in Canada as well as 3 in England! I will send you the pm also along with info for shipping. Thanks for joining.

Welcome home Diane! I didnt want to add you until you said so.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

*paypals recvd from
ScrappinRaiderFan
IHeartAslan

thanks ladies

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 11-16-08 07:46 AM

Thanks for putting me on the list.