Time to get ready for December!! ... this is BJscrapsalot ready to get another month of the scrap pack challenge underway. My co-host for this month is TripletMomS, Candy, yes the two of us together... be afraid, be very afraid.
For anyone who is not familiar this is an awesome way to get you to try some things that you may have not tried before, or think old things out in new ways. Either way it will definitely get your creative juices flowing!! This is also a wonderful place to make great friendships with some awesome scrappers.
I wanted to post signups a bit earlier this month in the hopes that packs could be postal by Thanksgiving to beat the holiday mail rush, as well as to give everyone plenty of time to get done with all the things that will be going on for the holidays.
First packs to be postal November 25
Layouts due to be completed by midnight .. December 26, 2008
Voting will begin .. December 27, 2008
Voting will end .. December 30, 2008
Each participant will need to mail...
* $3.50 which will cover the cost of me buying supplies that will be sent to you as well as shipping fees.
* $3.50 NIP scrapbooking goody or $3.50 towards a gift certificate that will be added to the prize stash.
**note.. this can be sent thru paypal but you will need to add a $.50 fee that they charge me to receive it. **
**note.. packs will not be mailed until $$ is recvd. **
Each participant will receive the same items back from me to use on their layout. After all packs are recevied I will post a list of the items that were sent. These items will be a combination of both traditional and non traditional scrapbooking items. You must use each item on your layout. The only things you may add to the layout are photos, paper, ink, paint, and chalk. Some examples of items that were sent in packs in the past... ribbon, fabric, flowers, washers, mesh screen, Cd's, metal house plate number, brads, beads, etc. No other embellishments may be used on the page other than what is sent in the pack. I will not send any items that require you to have specific tools to use them.
The layouts will be submitted anonomously to the scrap pack gallery when you are finished. Please, DO NOT upload them to your own gallery until the voting has finished. Layouts found to be in personal user galleries before voting will be considered disqualified. I set the voting up to end at least one day prior to the end of the month so at that time you can upload to your own gallery if you would wish to use it for any other challenges.
From all the layouts submitted the judges will choose what they feel are the 5 best for the categories of Best Overall and Most creative use of materials. I will then post a poll for the sb.com community to vote on for the winners.
There will be 3 chances to win.
1. $25 from the prize total will be put into a random drawing of all scrappers who complete a layout that is not included in the voting.
2. Half of the remaining prize total will go to the winner of voting for Best Overall layout.
3. Other half of the remaining prize total will go to the winner of voting for Most Creative Use of Items.
*Judges positions have been filled*
If anyone would be interested in being a judge please let me know right away, these spots go quick! I will also send a pack of supplies out to the judges so that they can see what the partcipants have to work with.
When the judges give me their top 5 picks I assign points to the layouts depending on where they fall in that list and that is how I determine who goes to the voting. There are definitely chances that one judge might put someone in one category and another might put that same person in the other category. So, if a person falls in the top 5 in both categories I am going to leave them in the voting for the one they got the most points in and remove them from the other. This way one person will never be in both categories and give more people a chance at winning.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Once you let me know that you wish to join I will PM you my address/paypal info. Candy and I have planned the pack already and I will begin shopping soon.
If you would like to see the fun we are having this month in the November Challenge.. please check here. November Scrap Pack Challenge
1. The first person to post their LO to the gallery will win a little something!
2. The first person who can upload a photo of 2 pumpkin seeds here to this thread is the winner of a little gift from either me or BJ. NO, they can't be seperate and YES, I'll know if they are PUMPKIN SEEDS. WINNER - sgrcookie Serina
- postal to ya
- pack recvd
1. SeesterK Winner Best Overall - December Portrait
2. Lamoo12 - X-Mas 2008
5. RobinBird79 - My Little Elf
6. NorthernMemories - Colors of a country
11. ScrapHappyJenn:D - Family
13. Renee77 - Lucky In Love
14. ScrappinRaiderFan - Shaina with Santa
18. FourBlueEyes - My Favorite Ornaments
22. Inspired.By.Love - Mini Album
23. Suzanne13 Winner Most Creative- Most Precious Gift
25. Pookahbot - Family
26. Hazel2t - Skating Buddies
27. Speppers1 - Christmas Wish
32. Kate the Great - Our First Christmas Tree
34. CsChissell - Abominable Snow Dog
35. SgrCookie - In Memory
36. Jalynne - Stille Nacht
40. ScrappinKlamath - Merry Christmas
41. MiMi N63 - Just Us 2004
44. Linnny - Auntie Helen
46. ScrappininMemphis - The Best Gift of All
Prize total so far $154.00
December 2008 Scrap Pack contents
1. Stille Nacht By Scrappack
Lucky In Love
Shaina with Santa
Most Precious Gift
the abominable snow schnauzer
My Little Elf!!
Our First Christmas Tree
Best gift of all
My Fav Ornaments
"Just US 2004"
color of a country
These Are Just The Beginnings To A Wonderful Future (mini album)