I am taking sign ups early for the Jan. 1st SS swap. The Holidays are upon us, and it's a very hectic time for everyone. I wanted to be able to have sign ups and pairings complete well before the chaos hits!!! Please sign up in this thread.
Back by popular demand:
Welcome to the Secret Sisters Swap!
1. If you sign up for this swap you will receive one secret sister (swap partner).
2. You will send her a small package (examples would be some scrap supplies, a key chain, candy, hand made card, etc.). Maybe a postcard or cookbook from your area. For example, since I am a southern girl, I would mail a cookbook of Kentucky recipes, or maybe a postcard depicting Kentuckiana.
3. You would not put your name on the package/envie so you will remain a secret. It's a good idea to use a family members name as the return address, a trusted neighbor, or you can put your hubby to good use and use his name!
4. You can look up your partners profile to get some ideas of what to send. They have also been instructed to update their wishlist
5. If you do not want to mail internationally, let me know before sign up's close so that I can accommodate your wishes.
6. You must check into this thread at least once a week. Communication is vital in this swap!
7. Secret sisters will end on March 15th and then the big reveal!
8. Please complete the questionaire below and email it to me before the swap begins on Jan. 1st. This will give your SS an idea of what to give you.
9. This month, we have a price limit of $20 per month. No more than that!!!
10. Never hesitate to pm me if you have any questions, or need to know something specific from your SS. I am here to help you!
11. Please mail your RAKS/gifts/cards out no later than: Jan. 10th, Feb. 10th, and March 10th. That should give the package time to arrive before the 15th.
12. Have fun!
Have fun, chat, share lo's, anything goes in this thread. But remember, keep those lips zipped after you know your SS!
Secret Sister Ideas:
**This is a schedule you can follow in sending things to your SS. You don't have to follow it, but remember, we are running this until March 15th, so I wanted to give you some ideas.
1) Send a card.
2) Type a letter. Be sneaky and devious.
3) We did this at my church: You write a message to your secret sister, then break up the pieces and wrap them up. Your secret sister has to put it together.
4) Remember, it doesn't have to be scrap stuff. You will be able to fit a TON of different things into a regular card envelope (to save on postage), such as key chains, postcards, etc.
Here is the list we used at my church, just to give you an idea. You DON'T have to do this...just some ideas!
Homemade pie, cake, or cookies
Small votive candle wrapped in pretty fabric
A card in the snail mail - Everyone feels good about getting mail that isn’t a bill
Fresh cut flowers
Nail polish and a file
Box of specialty tea or coffee
Gift certificates: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, ice cream stores, …
Gift certificate to Block Buster with 2 or 3 bags of microwaveable popcorn
Basket of relaxing bath things
Coffee mug of suckers
Nice cookie cutter with recipe and ingredients
Set of placemats
Box of peppermint bark
Box of cool pens
Basket with tablecloth, wine, and glasses
New journal with nice pen
Old Navy has good gifts for under $10.00
*****Also, I must reiterate. Do not sign up for this swap unless you are prepared to make a commitment to it. People have had their feelings hurt in the last swap, and I do not want to see that happen again. *****
REMEMBER THAT WE HAVE A BLOG FOR TEASING AND PROVOKING YOUR SECRET SISTER ANONYMOUSLY. SIMPLY LEAVE YOUR TEASERS AND PROVOKING COMMENTS TO YOUR SECRET SISTER IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF THE NEWEST BLOG ENTRY HERE .
I HEART SCRAPPING
Kate the Great
Scrapn Biker Chick