Page 1 of 68 
Username Post: *December* Anything Goes Challenge (AGC) **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**        (Topic#1486973)
2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs

Are you ready for an exciting month that will spark your creativity, make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques, and help you complete that project you always wanted to finish but simply couldn’t find the motivation? If so, welcome to December Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until December 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than December 15th.

Please mail to:
Melanie Winters
1141 E Linda Ave.
Pueblo West CO, 81007

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
[email protected]
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering stamp would cost you $0.41

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after December 1st count towards your total points and layouts.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com !

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than your goal of 10 (or less) then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, and you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed. Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout.

5 – Favorite layout poll - Closer to the end of the month, I will ask for everyone to PM me their favorite layout that you have completed and posted in the AGC thread for this month. I will them all in a poll for all of sb.com to vote on. The one with the most votes will win a prize.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one of the first two categories, but everyone has a fair chance for the others*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above= 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3-5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

Edited by 2lilbugs on 01-04-09 03:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

Players

Gabigabs $$ 10575 points 10/4 24 daily challengesGOAL MET!
Faithscrapper $$ 8834 points 31/20 29 daily challengesGOAL MET!
Crazyscrapbooker $$ 9456 points 37/25 29 daily challenges GOAL MET!
Senora_x $$ 11/10 6246 points 20 daily challengesGOAL MET!
Robinbird79 $$ 4873 points 21/15 12 daily challengesGOAL MET!
Olivias Mommy $$ 5684 points 18/10 GOAL MET!
thirdgrade $$ 0/5
AmandaTina $$ 2663 points 6/10
kdsmommy $$ 8431 points 35/12 9 daily challengesGOAL MET!
ScrappyNewMom 1885 points 10/10 10 daily challengesGOAL MET!
northernmemories $$ 8536 points 31/15 GOAL MET!
sugarcrystalz $$ 17410 points 69/10 31 daily challengesGOAL MET!
flying_unicorn $$ 10,531 points 13/10 13 daily challenges GOAL MET!
MommyMarci $$ 10,435 points 19/15 23 daily challengesGOAL MET!
laurink $$ 17858 points 59/20 31 daily challengesGOAL MET!
Inspired.By.Love $$ 11683 points 16/10 31 daily challenges GOAL MET!
April C. $$ 0/15
Rhayne 0/20
Margy $$ 15,759 points 49/30 31 daily challengesGOAL MET!
BJscrapsalot $$ 4056 points 30/10 13 daily challenges GOAL MET!
jjfer $$ 5633 points 15/15GOAL MET!
2lilbugs $$ 10,390 points 27/15 31 daily challenges GOAL MET!
B2Hearts $$ 5425 points 19/15 GOAL MET!
winescrapper $$ 1026 points 6/7

MOTIVATIONAL
livn4change

Edited by 2lilbugs on 01-01-09 05:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

1 POINT ITEMS:
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER loose jewel/rhinestone used
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINT ITEMS:
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 8x8 or smaller (must have a link in this forum)
- PER ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER bling shape/border/words (not individual jewels)
- PER stacked/embellished shape at least 3 layers
- PER color of glitter or stickles
- PER hand-cut embellies (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape (border, frame, flower, etc.)
- for using chipboard shape (excluding letters/numbers in title)
- for using die cuts
- for using shaped corners on your photos or paper (e.g. rounded or shaped with corner punches)
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using scallops on your layout
- for using felt,leather, or fabric items
- for distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge here at sb.com (must tell which challenge it was for)
- for using paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for following a sketch (please post a link to the sketch)
- for using clear items--ghost shape, transparency, overlays, etc.
- for doodling
- for using paper crimper
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 12x12 layout (must have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about Yourself (you must be the only person pictured on page)
- PER altered item created (can count points and layouts for item as long as it is linked here)
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- for using alcohol inks
- for machine sewing
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph (actually on, not just overlapping)
- for scraplifting a member of this month AGC challenge (person being scraplifted can take 5 pts for being a inspiration)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than one month old
- PER black & white or sepia toned picture

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 200 points
- additional 10 points for every 50 words over 200 (E.g. Total of 300 words would equal 220 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (must have a link to this forum)
- For updating your siggy points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (taken max of twice per day)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS
for using your stash. Take extra 10 points for each layout 8x8 and larger (or 5 extra points for smaller layouts and cards) from today until your next supply shopping trip. (No matter when you plan to use the new supplies, your first supply/tool purchase will prevent you from taking the points for the rest of the month).

~CHALLENGES~
12/1~Set up your signature line with you points total and LOs completed, and set up you blog entry to keep track of your daily challenges completed. 100 points if completed today, 50 if completed thereafter.
12/2~Stamp on a LO or card using anything that's not a traditionl stamp (can, paper towel roll, bottle, etc.) 75 pts.
12/3 ~ Use a piece of die cut paper on a LO. Don't have one you like, or want to use? Cut out your own! 50 points for using a die cut one, 75 for using one you've cut out yourself
12/4 ~ Everyone loves scallops on a LO, right? Use some scallops on a LO for 60 points
12/5 ~ Use "these are a few of my favorite things" as either your title or journaling prompt on a LO for 75 points
12/6 ~ Use at least four different kinds of embellies (buttons, flowers, brads, ribbon, etc.) on a LO or card for 65 points, use more than six types of embellies and you can take 80 points.
12/7 ~ Get orgenized and ready for a new week of challenges! Go through and sort, organize, clean up your stash for 45 points.
12/8 ~ It's about time...do something related to time/calendars, etc. This can be a layout or project (calendars make great gifts, too!), 75 points.
12/9 ~ Use Felt on your layout for 50 points.
12/10 ~ I have a ton of stickers, but hardly ever use them, use at least 2 stickers (letters/numbers don't count for this) on your layout for 65 points.
12/11 ~ Lay on the *BLING* Use at least 2 types of bling (gems, glitter, stickles, shimmery papers/stickers, glitter pens, etc) and use lots of it! 85 points
12/12 ~ Use a Christmas Ornament as inspiration for your page...be sure to post a pic of the ornament as well and tell us what about it inspired you, 85 points
12/13 ~ Use markers, pencils, watercolor pencils, etc. to color on your layout...65 points
12/14 ~ I'm going to start my Christmas baking...make a recipe card/layout with your favorite recipe for 85 points
12/15 ~ "Silver and gold, silver and gold, everyone wishes for silver and gold!" Do a lo using only shades of silver and gold (not counting pictures). 75pts
12/16 ~ "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know." Do a lo using only shades of white, cream, silver, or clear (not counting pictures). 90pts
12/17 ~ "Oh holy night, the stars are brightly shining." Do a lo or card that includes stars and more than 1 type of bling! 50pts
12/18 ~ "Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus lane!!" Do a lo about Santa and take 75pts. Take an extra 10pts if you include lyrics to a song about Santa!
12/19 ~ "I'll have a blue Christmas without you!!!" Do a lo using only shades of blue, teal, and white!! 90 points
12/20~ "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose!!" Do a lo using shiny, glittery things! 50pts Take an extra 75pts if you do a lo that has only shades of red and white!
12/21~ Happy Winter Solstice!! Or...Happy First Day of Winter!! Take 50 free points!!!
12/22 ~ Do something extra nice (that you don't normally do) for a family member. Tell us what you did. +50 pts.
12/23 ~ We're all super busy so take 30 minutes today and do something for yourself. It can be reading a book, writing in a journal, enjoying a cup of cocoa, a bubble bath or whatever else you find relaxing. +30 pts.
12/24 ~ Make a layout about your favorite holiday memory. (Does NOT have to be the Christmas holidays.) You must have at least 50 words of journaling explaining WHY this memory is special to you. +50
12/25 ~ Merry Christmas +100 Free points (No extra ten today ladies....)
12/26 ~ Boxing Day - Make a layout using three or more squares. +30
12/27 ~ New Year's is approaching fast. Make a year in review layout of 2008. +100 pts. Bonus +50 pts. if you can include a photo from every month.
12/28 ~ Get ready for a new week. If you need to upload layouts or count points do it today for an extra +25 pts. If you have everything loaded then clean/organize your scrap area for +25 pts. (You may only take one or the other not both.)
12/29 ~ Get stitching! Take 3 points per hand stitch on one LO or card, up to 100 stitches. Don't forget the regular points you get too.
12/30 ~ Well, unbelievably, the month is almost over. Time to get caught up with those last minute LOs and cards. Take 30 points for every 12x12 LO uploaded today, 15 points for smaller LOs and cards.
12/31 ~ Finish up all your LOs and projects for this month and pm me your FINAL totals. I need your points total, LOs completed, daily challenges completed with a link to your daily challenge blog, and your favorite LO that you completed this month. 100 points

Weekly Photo Challenge 12/29 to 12/31

Old with the Old 75 points
In with the New 75 points

As usual, these are totally open to interpretation

Week 5 Challenge
I bet all of you got something scrappy for Christmas. Use your new tool or suply on a LO and tell us about it. Use your newest supply or tool if you didn't get a scrappy Christmas present. 100 points

Monthly Challenge
Do a LO suitable for framing. Lately, I have been framing some of my favorite LOs, and giving them for gifts or hanging them up around the house. It is such a great way to show off your best srapping and get a great LO out where it can be enjoyed. Do a LO that you think is worthy of framing, and make sure you show it to us in it's new home. Worth 400 points.

***BONUS POINT OPPORTUNITY***
Anne (taeklund) A fellow member here at sb.com who used to play with us in the AGC has a friend who lost his life serving our country. As a way to commemerate his life and service, Anne is making two 8x8 albums for his daughters. She has themes for the pages, and all sorts of other info posted. Here's the link http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14881...

Now here is where the bonus points come in. You can take 200 bonus points for completing a page for one of these albums, on top of the points the LO is worth, just make sure you share it with us here.

Edited by 2lilbugs on 12-31-08 05:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

Since this is my first challenge, I would love some help. Would anyone like to do weeks' worth of challenges (daily, photo, and the weekly)?

I'll take the first week Dec. 1 to Dec. 7, and the last three days, Dec. 29th to the 31st.

The weeks will be Monday to Sunday:
8th to 14th ~ Livn4change
15th to 21st ~ Robinbird79
22nd to 28th ~ ScrappyNewMom

Also, if any one has points list ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Edited by 2lilbugs on 12-22-08 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gabigabs
Governor
Gabigabs
In response to 2lilbugs

Thank you for hosting.

Please sign me for 4 layouts. I'm hoping to complete more but the month will be quite hectic for me.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to Gabigabs

Yay! It's working I'll put you on the list.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to 2lilbugs

sign me up! Nov really got my creative juices flowing! I'll paypal you the $$

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Faithscrapper

Melanie! So excited that you are hosting! Count me in and I would LOOOOVE to take a week of challenges if you still need somebody

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to Crystal B.

That would be great Crystal. Which week would you like?

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to 2lilbugs

Either the 2nd or 3rd, the 4th week we'll be travelling and in Illinois through the New Year and it might be harder for me to be online every day.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to Crystal B.

Melanie! I would love to play, yes actually play this month! I think I will go for 25 layouts - have LOTS to catch up on after several months of non-scrapping.

I will put you a check in the mail next week

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to CrazyScrapbooker

Crystal~ How about week two(Dec. 8th thru the 14th) I'll get you added.

Jess~ So glad you're playing I'll get you added too.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to 2lilbugs

sign me up too! My goal will be 10!

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to senora_x

You know I'm in Melanie!! Sign me up for 15 LOs again...that's a good goal for me each month! Lol! I'll paypal the money later Saturday once I get home from a wedding.

I'll do a week of challenges if you still need someone.

Olivias Mommy
Veteran
Olivias Mommy
In response to Robinbird79

I would love to try this out!! It will be my first challenge!! I'll send you the money in the next couple days. My goal will be 10 Layouts.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Olivias Mommy

• Olivias Mommy Said:
I would love to try this out!! It will be my first challenge!! I'll send you the money in the next couple days. My goal will be 10 Layouts.

Melissa, welcome to the AGC

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to Robinbird79

• Robinbird79 Said:
You know I'm in Melanie!! Sign me up for 15 LOs again...that's a good goal for me each month! Lol! I'll paypal the money later Saturday once I get home from a wedding.

I'll do a week of challenges if you still need someone.

Thanks Robin... is the 15th thru the 21st OK? I'll put you in for it, if you want to change let me know.

Edited by 2lilbugs on 11-22-08 06:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to Olivias Mommy

• Olivias Mommy Said:

Glad you found it! You're going to have so much fun

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to 2lilbugs

count me in again too! love this challenge! my goal will be 5 LO, december is always so crazy!

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom
In response to 2lilbugs

I'd love to help with a week of challenges if you need another person. Let me know. I'm in again....10 layouts please.

Page 1 of 68 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics