Username Post: Difference between Big Shot and Big Kick        (Topic#1487353)
lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I have read somewhere that there isn't really a difference. I know that they look different. Will both do the same thing?

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to lcmemories

• Laura C Said:
I have read somewhere that there isn't really a difference. I know that they look different. Will both do the same thing?

Have have you checked them out on sizzix.com?? You might could compare them there!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to ajroemisch

Yeah, I tried that. They are definitely compatible. I can't figure out why there are two different designs unless one of them does something the other does not. However, everything I have read says they both can cut the same dies, and both use the same multi purpose platform.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Well, I did some additional research, and I believe that they are basically the same machine. They both cut the same types of dies, and use the same equipment (cutting mats, etc). It appears that the only difference is in the appearance. If anyone finds out anything different, please post it here. Thanks!

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch

Appearance is the only difference I could find... gl!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ajroemisch

they are the same machine. One's only available at stores like M's and J's and the other is online as well. I don't know which is which tho.

Rebecca and the Pugs
Pro
Rebecca and the Pugs
In response to Seaexplore

The Big Shot was made by Ellison, and the Big Kick was made by Sizzix. It was the same machine, just different colors. I think Sizzix was owned by Ellison. Same thing with the Sidekick and Tag-A-Long.

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Rebecca and the Pugs

I've been looking at these too... it looks like there are slight design differences in the area where the pad goes on both... one looks like a Sizzix on steroids, the other looks more like some of the other die cut machines... but they both cut all the same dies.

I wonder... does one cut through more materials or something? Anyone used both?

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 12-05-08 12:03 PM
In response to photo_chick

big shot coming out with an electric one waiting to see what the price is on that...

New Kid On the Block
In response to hdsue

Exact same machine. i got the one that was discontinued for 75% off because it was the wrong color and had the wrong company logo on it when sizzix bought out ellison ( or was that the other way around) anyway it was a great bargain for me

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to Seaexplore

I got the big kick at M's. The paper with it says it will cut thru material. I got mine a week before xmas, so I haven't tried that out yet.

Edited by mollydog on 01-03-09 09:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to mollydog

There is no difference in these machines. Both will cut just about anything that will fit through if you use the right dies. Chipboard, felt, fabric, cardstock it will all work. The difference is in the colors and the place of sale. They use the exact same everything else. You use the same cutting mats, folding pads, embossing pads, etc. So, it really comes down to which color you prefer and which machine you can get a better deal on.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics