Username Post: Hobby Blade?        (Topic#1487607)
tacgirl
Tenant
tacgirl

Who makes the easiest to use hobby blade aka exacto knife? I own an exacto knife but I find the blade to long to work with. I am planning on covering chipboard and I need something that is easy to use.

Thanks!

FutureRN22boys
Veteran
FutureRN22boys
In response to tacgirl

I'm not real sure who makes mine, but i have a swivel blade knife, i got it at Wal-Mart, but i do know that cutter bee makes a retractable one, idk anything about that one, I've just seen it at Wal-Mart

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tacgirl

Here in the superstore they have the Fiskars fingertip control blade..two of them actually..I just noticed they have one that swivels. The grip and the way you hold it makes it easier to control. I am awful with exacto knives but this is the best one yet for me. You hold it kinda like a pencil and so it is easier to direct your cut. I got mine at Ms

Dancing Queen
Idol
Dancing Queen
In response to dollscrap

• dollscrap Said:
Here in the superstore they have the Fiskars fingertip control blade..two of them actually..I just noticed they have one that swivels. The grip and the way you hold it makes it easier to control. I am awful with exacto knives but this is the best one yet for me. You hold it kinda like a pencil and so it is easier to direct your cut. I got mine at Ms

Another vote for the Fiskars fingertip control blade. I got mine at W-Mart...

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Dancing Queen

i have the fingertip knife and a regular x-acto knife (similar to the Heidi Swapp one below) from the art section of M's. They both take the same blades and they're reasonably cheap.

tacgirl
Tenant
tacgirl
In response to Seaexplore

i just bought one here actually, and i find it really annoying. I got the purple one, should have gotten the other one, the orange one.

Edited by tacgirl on 12-14-08 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to tacgirl

I also use Fiskars finger tip control
Products Referenced in This Post:

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to itsyscrapper

I actually love an xacto knife. I have 2 and prefer the one referenced below...it's part of this kit and love, love, love it...

The other one I have if an older, bigger model and do find it more cumbersome to use.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Patti Sylvia

I love my craft knife!

Break Away Craft Knife
By Vivian Loves BLING

This is what I prefer to use on a glass mat. When it starts getting dull, I snap off the tip to get a nice new sharp blade. I can buy a 10 pack of replacement blades for $1-2.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics