Username Post: Come Travel to Paris Vicariously...        (Topic#1488099)
Renbear
Diva
Renbear

I just finished loading the layouts of the FIRST album of my Paris vacation, although I didn't upload all 100 pages (48 two-page layouts and a beginning and a "to be continued" page) but a good amount of them are there. And its only the first two days of the trip!!

So this brings me to a question about what to do for a second book. This is only my second album I've put together completely and both have been post albums - which I'm not sure how I feel about...so what are the other options out there? Will my books always have a loose feel to them? This one kind of moves around because there are only two posts - my wedding album had 3 posts and the 106 pages fit better and don't move as much as this one does...
okay - I can see I've gone on a tangent...should have opened this on another post probably...

Enjoy the trip! I did And I'll let you know when Paris Part II is done!

Link

Edited by Renbear on 12-02-08 11:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Renbear

Oh, I want to go to Paris!!!!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Mother Goose

Paris is my favorite city in the world . I was there for a few days in early June after a riverboat cruise on the Rhone River. I have been there four times and there is still so much I still have not seen. My first album was an 8X8 Paris album. If you look at my profile picture, it is one of my favorites that I took at the Royal Palaise Garden in November 2001

Edited by dotfree on 12-03-08 01:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Renbear

by the time I am done I figure my Great Britain trip is going to be 4 albums so I bought 4 matching albums. (I'm already in the 3rd album so it may end up being 5!)

The albums have a little window on the front so eventually I'll put something in the window to be able to tell them apart.

I also plan on putting some type of Tabs across the top so that the viewer can turn to specific day or town.

PS I gave up on the idea of making giant post albums. They are always so wiggly.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Ohh...I like the idea of tabs at the top of the album!! It's a great thought, do you mind if I adopt it? I'm not sure how I'll work it out...but it will make it more interesting for someone who only wants to see a specific part of the trip.

I went to one of the lss in my area and picked up the strap kit to replace the posts in the book - so I'm going to give it a try. There were so many positive reviews that I thought, why not...
I'm hoping that it will work as well as they say.

My book right now ends at the area around Jardin du Lux embourg on our first full day in the city - but that's not where the day ended...there's still St.-Sulpice and our first official French meal to add. According to the reviews for the straps I should be able to put almost 200 pages in without any difficulty. I stopped where I did because I was already at 100 and didn't want it to get as wobbly as my wedding book. So now I'm going to finish up the day's events then reassemble the book to see how it works and if its as good as the reviews say.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Renbear

Even if you make a giant album the other thing to consider is the weight. The whole thing becomes so heavy that it's hard to look through. And the pages start to flatten each other out from the sheer weight.
believe-you-me I have tried to make 4+" album and found the post kind besides getting all floppy...you can't flip the pages after a certain point. And the spiral kind the rings and therefore the gap is so large it becomes a real effort to just turn the pages.

PS you can also buy a post reinforcement piece that is a bar with the three posts welded to it. It cuts down on the wiggly factor.
And you can also go to the hardware store and buy 4" posts (instead of having to use a bunch of extensions) that helps too.
I have the strap conversation kit thing you are talking about too but haven't tried it yet because I just don't think it will hold up to the weight of the pages.

PSS My dream is to one day make a giant, carved wood album that will hold all of my vacation pages. The album is going to end up weighing 50lbs but who care it's much better then saying...Ok here is book 3 of our vacation and seeing the person's eye's roll.

It sucks to be forced to split the pages up between albums but until someone comes out with a Jumbo album that works... If someone knows of a an album that will hold 4+" of pages PLEASE let me know.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics