Username Post: Slice owners-Need Help        (Topic#1488187)
New Kid On the Block

I purchased a slice tonight and I had a question. When you cut a letter from the font that came with the machine, is it a "perfect" straight letter or are the edges slightly curved? Like on the "E" are the ends of the letter curved slightly? I hope this makes sense! Thanks.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to scrappinit

Which font, what size and which card did you use?

Did you spread enough glue on the glass? Is the paper moving while you cut?

Did your hand move while cutting?

I find that there is a little learning curve with holding the machine...

Some users have noticed some symmetry problems with very small cuts (1 inch or 1.5 inches) from the basics 1 card. Supposedly MM knows about this problem and it's a good idea to register your machine just in case ....

Try a few different cuts at different sizes. Try some shapes too to see....

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to jellyziva

I am getting my Slice on Friday so I will have to see about this. I may not be able to play with it until Sunday though.

sheshie37
Idol
sheshie37
In response to Diva Scraps

sounds like a loser to me....PROBLEMS!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to sheshie37

I tried 2 other cards and they cut perfect. The Basic card 1 comes with the machine.

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to scrappinit

Best practice...is everytime you turn on your Slice, home it. That will probably help a bit. If have used two other SDs and they are working fine it is not the machine.

Why don't you call Making Memory Slice Support. I've had nothing but the greatest response and they always answered my questions, saved my Slice after I nearly screwed it up. They are great over there.

Good Luck

BTW: I'm in love with Slice

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Debby Lewis

Uh, yeah.

If the battery dies while you're using it, home it.

You WILL get Very Weird Cuts if you don't. Which could be a design feature, I guess...

Not that I would know that personally, right?

New Kid On the Block
In response to jellyziva

I was using the cartridge that came with the machine. The basics 1. I don't think it was the adhesive or the paper moving. The letters are not perfect "block" letters. They have a little bit different shape. Is that what they are supposed to look like?

Also I did notice that the small letters (1 inch) are not always symmetrical. Does that happen on all the catridges or just the basics 1?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Debby Lewis

Somebody already called MM about the Basic 1 Card and that's why I said MM is aware of the issue. In other boards, there are many users have confirmed symmetry problems with cutting smaller shapes with the Basic 1 card.

Homing the blade is a good practice. But because other cards cut well (in the same session, after I already homed the blade), and Basic 1 doesn't, I agree the issue is with the card, not with the machine. And I do not think I ever said there is anything wrong with the Slice.

The card has the info about what coordinates the slice blade should move to in order to cut. I'm guessing the main program resides in the Slice, and it's reading x, y coordinates from the card in order to cut the correct form.

It is possible that the coordinates for the smaller shapes were off by a little, at least for a certain batch of design cards. It is NOT a major problem. All they had to do was to re-input the correct coordinates by resizing the shape correctly.

Therefore I agree it is a not a machine issue.

Edited by jellyziva on 12-04-08 02:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics