Username Post: I Peeked -- Slice!        (Topic#1488333)
annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous

Alright, I'm a horrible person. I peeked! I'm getting a Slice and Basic Shapes 2 for Christmas (I am getting the spatula, too). I think I'll buy one or two more cards after Christmas. My mom got it from here, too, meaning I'll get the exclusive card come February. I really wanted Noteworthy, but I know I'd either get Noteworthy / buy Basic Shapes 2 or the other way around. Aside from Noteworthy, which I'll definitely be buying, what's your favorite design card? I like Animal Crackers, but it has a lot of baby stuff (naturally). I don't have a baby or babies in the family, but I like the font and I like a lot of the shapes. I am also considering Basic Shapes 3. I certainly don't want or need a whole card full of swirls and flourishes, but I love the font. Then there's Back to School... the font is basic, the shapes are a little odd, but some of the shapes I really like.

And so, I'm torn. I have lots of time to decide (well, a month), but I'm such a bad decision maker I'll need all the help I can get. Animal Crackers? Basic Shapes 3? Back to School? Just Noteworthy? I heard they'll be coming out with new cards at Winter CHA! Maybe after all I'll buy Noteworthy and hold out for round two releases.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to annoniemous

ooooh i'm telling santa!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Haha.. I saw your comment at the exclusive card for VIP store customer and knew you would go for it.

I picked Noteworthy because that has some flowers too and I just love the fonts on that one! I got Basic Shapes 3 and LOVE the flourishes!
Products Referenced in This Post:

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to jellyziva

I just went through your gallery to try to help you decide. I see that you like flowers a lot (they look very good on your stuff!). I'd go with Basics 3. I think the flourishes would look so elegant with the flowers and things on your cards. I think it has a lot of stuff that you can use.

If you have an ACMoore near you, they carry both Noteworthy AND Animal Crackers, and you can use a coupon to get them. I did not see Basics 3 there, though.

I have asked for Noteworthy, Basics 3, and Spellbound for Christmas. I have Basics 2 and Animal Crackers.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to siameseplease

I love Basic Shapes 3, but I *love* flourishes. And I got Fa La La, not because I need a Christmas card as much as I like all 3 of the fonts that come with it.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to Megan - ForumTech

You're not horrible for peeking!

Now maybe if you used and then rewrapped it.....

Have fun!

scrappy77
Diva
scrappy77
In response to Scatter

haha lucky girl! I am a peeker too! I asked for the the slice too but I think my mom bought the cricut! I am going to return it if she did and buy the slice!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Scatter

• Scatter Said:
You're not horrible for peeking!

Now maybe if you used and then rewrapped it.....

Have fun!

thats exactly what I was thinking!

I don't think you're toooo horrible. Its not like you're 5 and your mom has everything under tight wraps from 'Santa', kwim? I'm picking my Slice up today and definitely going for Noteworthy w/ a Coupon.

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 12-05-08 11:32 AM
In response to scrappy77

oh i dont feel so bad i peeked too but then my husband takes the fun out of it cuz he bought it downstairs all wrapped last week and handed it to me to see how heavy it was i knew by the size of the box it was a cricut i was hoping it was an expression but its not (had to double check) and he got off of ebay so i know hes kicking himself now cuz i know he overpaid esp after seeing all the sales....and everytime we go by the expression i say that is the one to get but i cant complain i just hate knowing every year what i get and made me mad he had to bring it down and sit in the living room for me to look at. and are tree is not even up yet....also made me mad that he said when he handed it to me that he was broke now so i know he over paid....and thats all hes gonna get me....next year im telling him dont bring it down hide it, and surprise me for a change...and i figure i will prob upgrade to an expression or see how the reviews on the slice go and have to go try my sisters out.....

Edited by hdsue on 12-05-08 11:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to hdsue

Oh, you are naughty, but I am thrilled that you are getting a new toy!

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to Tia Hokee

Actually, one of my local ACM's didn't have any Slice items. There is another one (about an hour away to the east, instead of an hour to the west!) that I haven't checked. I'd love to use Coupons , but even if I can't, I'm bound to be able to catch a sale. Joann's had them on sale for $28.99, and that's not too bad. I am definitely thrifty, so I'll see what I can do. I do love the shapes on Basic Shapes 3... it would be nice to never be at a loss for a flourish again, plus I love the font. Now I'm thinking, hmmm... should I wait to see what CHA winter brings? But then it'll be time for my birthday!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

Dont ask me for suggestions cause the only card I dont intend to get right now is the Fall/Back to school one...but to be honest, I probably will eventually.

I just called my LSS and paid for my Slice and bag to be on hld til the 13th when I can make it up there. I figured since the one from ACM doesnt come with the exclusive card rebate, and I also got a free apron too...that I might as well get it from there. Plus I only paid $125 cause I had a $25 club rebate...and I wont have to drive a lil over 3 hours to & from AC Moore.

I'm excited to say the least!! I feel like Christmas came way early for me this year since I just got my expression about 2 weeks ago.

Edited by D e e d a h on 12-05-08 04:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics