Page 3 of 425 
Username Post: Crazy complusive scrapping shoppers group        (Topic#1488783)
i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to LilScrappy22

• LilScrappy22 Said:
  • Desperate-Housewife Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:
i went to Michael's one day and spent $200 on ribbon and stamps and i got most of it from the clearance bins also i can barely pay my rent but i bought jemax cubes again at micheals cause they were on sale but have to hide them in my trunk and think up a story after xmas to explain how i got them.....so i'm totally in

PS = i bought a cricut cart cause it was on sale...i don't have a cricut

OH GOD THAT'S BAD!!! LOL

ya i know hey....like most have said i like shopping just as much as i like scrapping and then i don't wanna use the new stuff cuz it's tooo pretty

Me too, I do that with paper! Too pretty to use. Or I save it for "that" album (?) and you know what happens? I forget I have it. In fact, I just found some GREAT paper that I bought a couple years ago and had put away for my dd's baby/childhood album. Just used it for a swap.

But my favorite story on this thread so far is Lilscrappy22's above about buying a cricut cartridge without owning a cricut Now that there's a true scrapbook-supply-buying addict. By the way, I have a cricut. Which cartridge did ya buy?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to cindy10

• cindy10 Said:
Hey KIm! Where do YOU get off calling me President-material, huh?! I just sent you the TINIEST PACKAGE the other week....!

That was not a tiny package girlfriend!

Lilscrappy you are too funny! You bought a cricut cart. and you dont have one??? LMFAO!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to ScrapAngel4

Need to update front page now. You ladies are cracking me up. I will update in a bit, I need to go grab a shower and lunch before I go to work. I slept late today, was tired a could be.

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22
In response to i heart scrapping

• i heart scrapping Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:
  • Desperate-Housewife Said:
  • LilScrappy22 Said:
i went to Michael's one day and spent $200 on ribbon and stamps and i got most of it from the clearance bins also i can barely pay my rent but i bought jemax cubes again at micheals cause they were on sale but have to hide them in my trunk and think up a story after xmas to explain how i got them.....so i'm totally in

PS = i bought a cricut cart cause it was on sale...i don't have a cricut

OH GOD THAT'S BAD!!! LOL

ya i know hey....like most have said i like shopping just as much as i like scrapping and then i don't wanna use the new stuff cuz it's tooo pretty

Me too, I do that with paper! Too pretty to use. Or I save it for "that" album (?) and you know what happens? I forget I have it. In fact, I just found some GREAT paper that I bought a couple years ago and had put away for my dd's baby/childhood album. Just used it for a swap.

But my favorite story on this thread so far is Lilscrappy22's above about buying a cricut cartridge without owning a cricut Now that there's a true scrapbook-supply-buying addict. By the way, I have a cricut. Which cartridge did ya buy?

i'm glad you all think it's funny but it was cheap and i want a cricut so bad i can taste it...i wanted to get christmas cheer but stupid micheals were sold out so i ended up with printing press like i saidi know it's crazy but i couldn't pass on the price...i have a feeling santa is bring the expression though even if he dosen't i will use christmas gift cards and money to bring it home

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

dh talked me into gettting the baby pooh cart. even though I have a silhouette. I still have my cricut and the cuttlebug.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

I just spent $34 at the superstore on two punches I've been wanting. I got 10% off and I'll be going to Disney! lol

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to johnsusan8

I bought some CTMH stuff. I'll add it to this thread when I get it in.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-12-08 04:33 PM

I'm actually using some of my stuff tonight! I know, it's amazing, but I have gifts that need to be completed!!

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to Huskymom

I buy and don't do enough scraping to warrents what i got...This is a bad thing with M under my nose I'll join and help.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to miniscraper

I thought I had a shopping problem until I read this thread. My daughters need to read this so that they can see that I'm not as bad as they think I am. My DH doesn't have the slightest idea about scrap shopping -- I handle the checkbook!! My daughters, on the other hand, are always reminding me of the economy and my spending!

When I started scrapping, I went to ACM and spent over $500 before I ever made one LO! Over the years I've spent ALOT -- sometimes foolishly, but I am now a very careful shopper. I only buy if it's on sale or if I have a 40% or 50% coupon. I've also joined the No Less Than 25 challenge where I can only shop after i complete 25 LOs. so far so good -- I'm finishing up my 4th round.

It's soooo hard to refrain though, and I have a relapse every so often -- sometimes hundreds of dollars worth of a relapse!!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to provinca

Anna sounds like a grp I need to get into lol. I cant never spend hundreds at a time but in a week yup I can do that lol. I am good though I only buy when I get tipped. i am a massage therapist so when ever i get a tip thats where my money goes right into scrappy stuff. and i have to use a cpn. gotta stretch and get more for my money ya know lol.
25 lo;s huh?? now heres my question is a do able lol I'd probably lose my mind but BUT sounds like an awesome way to use then awesome supplies we (I) keep buying lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Got us all updated ladies. I love hearing the stories. I will have some more to share myself I am sure, right after xmas. I am on a shopping freeze pretty much til right after. Then its watch out, lol.

LilScrappy22
Expert
LilScrappy22
In response to TJCraftyWitch

i think i might have to nominate myself for VP of Public Relations or Spokesperson...can i do that...??

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yep, will get you marked, lol.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to TJCraftyWitch

just got back from j;s and m;s lol. bought the cuttlekids with a cpn foam kids that you can dress on sale grade school pp and tadpole alpha set for the cuttlekids. the cuttlekids stuff adn foam things are for my dd though so does that count?? I spent about 40.
gonna go on j;s website and order a few more dies for the cuttlekids for dd. (they are also for me though I have the cuttlebug shhhhhhh)

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Briannasmom

I bought $7 worth of stuff at a lss today. I bought two metallic pens and a few sheets of paper at 75% off. The cost would have been more than that but I sold a couple of things at the garage sale they had today.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia

I actually did good today...I went to M's and my lss...walked out with only buying a Disney Cars sticker sheet for my grandson (he was with me) for 1.99....

JennAboo
Expert
JennAboo
In response to scraphappyjenn:D

• scraphappyjenn:D Said:
I'm not gonna join this because I personally don't want to know how much I spend..but thought I'd share what my hubby said the other day...

We were talking about how I had to finish up my christmas cards and I was leaving yet again to go to a friends house cuz it's just so much more fun with friends...anyway, he said, "I am glad you have this hobby. It's a nice way to keep memories of our family and it doesn't cost anything."

Yeah...talk about hiding stuff! Where does he think I get all the stuff??? My friends houses I guess.....

LMBO!!!! Now that is funny!

jaybeemom
Expert
jaybeemom
In response to JennAboo

Sign me up. I think it is a requirement that you must use your 40% joann's coupon every week, even if I don't need anything, I stock up on adhesive.

Desperate-Housewife
Diva
Desperate-Housewife
In response to jaybeemom

I went to M's today because I went to M's last week twice and aqquired (2) 40% off Coupons . Today I dragged my dh into the store with me so that I could use both of them and the cashier practically scolded me because right after I made a purchase and used one of the Coupons my dh was right behind me and used the other one (with the same bank card). LOL She only gave me 1 40% coupon this time. Shucks! I thought I was going to get my 2 again.

Page 3 of 425 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics