Username Post: How to mount clear stamps        (Topic#1489135)
SavvyScrapper3
Expert
SavvyScrapper3

I recently got a recent gift of a bunch of clear stamps but I dont know what to do with them!! Help!

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to SavvyScrapper3

lucky girl! you have been introduced to one more addiction in the scrapbooking world!!!

Clear (or acrylic) stamps are fabulous because you can see right where you are stamping. You simply just peel them off their carrier sheet and place them on acrylic blocks (listed). Then, have fun!

There are all different brands and sized. I like the long ones for spelling out words!!!

SavvyScrapper3
Expert
SavvyScrapper3
In response to ajroemisch

they just stick on? Theres no glue or anything like that used?

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

Yes they the acrylic ones just stick on a clear mount.

Fiskars makes a nice set of four acrylic blocks with grids to help you line up your work.

HTH

Gabigabs
Governor
Gabigabs
In response to PokeyMom

I love the Fiskars grid blocks.

The great thing about acrylic stamps is that once you are done, you simply peal them off the block and stick them back to the package. It saves tons of space.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• SavvyScrapper3 Said:
they just stick on? Theres no glue or anything like that used?

yes, because you don't permanently mount clear stamps. Once you're finished, you just take them off the block. Saves a TON of space because you don't need separate mounts for each stamp.

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to Here Kitty

There are lots of clear stamps available. In addition to easier storage, they are so much easier to use since you can see right thru the block. They do need to be cleaned well after use and some inks will stain the stamp but the stain doesn't effect future stamping.

scrappinNavyWife
Guru
scrappinNavyWife
In response to caraboo

another trick is to use a CD case to mount them on if your acrylic block is too small for a particular stamp.

1boy1girl
Veteran
1boy1girl
In response to scrappinNavyWife

• scrappinNavyWife Said:
another trick is to use a CD case to mount them on if your acrylic block is too small for a particular stamp.

That is such a great idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics