Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Acrylic Paint        (Topic#1489171)
Swirls R Pretty
Expert
Swirls R Pretty

How often do you use acrylic paint in your scrapbooking? What kind of ways do you use it? TIA

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Swirls R Pretty

I use it for chipboard a lot but I've also used it to paint my backgrounds or print with it.

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to SuperAllyFan

I also use it with chipboad and when altering boxes and stuff!
Sometimes, but not often I paint the backgrounds of my lo´s with it!

Mom to the Boys
Governor
Mom to the Boys
In response to StrawberryPia

i've also used it on chipboard.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Mom to the Boys

I keep forgetting I have it. I've used it with the foam stamps and I did make my own custom pp with it. I need to get it out and fool around with it. I'll notice the bottles from time to time and shake them all up. So that's my answer...I shake the bottles.

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR
In response to dollscrap

I think everybody has what I was going to say covered LOL. Foam stamps, altering, backgrounds and chipboard. I actually painted some flowers with it too...

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to RhondaR

I use it quite often. It's great for chipboard and I use it to distress the edges in funky colors too! You can get these foam toppers for the bottles so you can just dab the paint on! They're wonderful!!!

phillyscraps
Diva
phillyscraps
In response to ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

Oh I didn't know about the foam toppers, that would be great I have a ton of paints, where do you get them from? I use my paint a lot on chipboard die cuts and albums. It is a cheaper way of adding color without wasting paper. I do use a matte acryic sealer though on my albums to make sure that there is no reside from the ink.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Mostly for chipboard.

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to phillyscraps

I got them at a scrapbooking convention and when I asked about where I could find them they said they weren't available outside the convention. Sorry...that's not much help. I wish I could find somewhere that sells them!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

• ScrapHappyStArLIGhT Said:
I got them at a scrapbooking convention and when I asked about where I could find them they said they weren't available outside the convention. Sorry...that's not much help. I wish I could find somewhere that sells them!

These?

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to Amigosa

Very similar! They weren't that exact brand. They're meant to fit most acrylic paint bottles you find at craft stores. Would those fit all regular bottles not just the Ranger ones??

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa

I have no idea on that... sorry.

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper

I once put a plastic canvas down on plain paper, then sponged paint on top. When I removed the plastic canvas, there was a cool 3-D checkered pattern. Also, you can paint bubble wrap and then stamp it onto paper. It makes a cool bubble look.

I've never painted my chipboard, but I'm going to try it. In fact, I hardly ever use my chipboard because whenever I embellish it, it still seems so boring.

Edited by itsyscrapper on 12-15-08 12:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to itsyscrapper

well call me crazy.. I bought some to use... I was making some board books that I bought at the dollar store.. started painting the pages and I hated how it made them look. it warped the board book cover, and I dunno.. since then I am afraid to even use it! It doesn't look so great to me.. maybe I am not using the right stuff.. I am just buying the acrylic paint at walmart in the craft section..... needless to say I never finished the board book!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Mimmy96

I used it mostly with chipboard and on some backgrounds

I used the Apple Barrell and FOlk Art from Walmart

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Just G

I often use it on transparencies. I print out a title or the journaling on the transparency and then paint on the back to emphasis it. I love doing that!

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I often use it on transparencies. I print out a title or the journaling on the transparency and then paint on the back to emphasis it. I love doing that!

OOOOhh!! I'm going to try that!! I just recently started using plain transparencies that you put in your printer. Awesome tip!!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to itsyscrapper

Well thanks! If you use it with journaling, just use a q-tip to apply it. It works great!

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
In response to Mimmy96

• Mimmy96 Said:
well call me crazy.. I bought some to use... I was making some board books that I bought at the dollar store.. started painting the pages and I hated how it made them look. it warped the board book cover, and I dunno.. since then I am afraid to even use it! It doesn't look so great to me.. maybe I am not using the right stuff.. I am just buying the acrylic paint at walmart in the craft section..... needless to say I never finished the board book!

I had that problem too when I used a foam brush to paint the acrylic onto the chipboard. When I use the foam dabbers (I have the ones that replace the lid), it uses a lot less paint and therefor doesn't warp the chipboard.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics