Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: I did it OMG!        (Topic#1489469)
miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper

I felt so bad...
This Was NOT at Michaels.

I've not said anything about this for fear it might come back to bite me in the ********..Back in fall a store had scrap stuff on sale I really wanted the DCWV "All Dressed Up"stack they had it.I picked it up,thought it was a tad heavy, My mind is trying to think of WHY this is..The light went on....there was more than one stack in this pack,well knowing this i went and paid for my "one" stack..I get home and after i opened it their were 3 stacks all done up ,they hadn't taken it out of the package/wrapping..I laughed,but at the same time felt bad...lol ~ I don't normally do stuff like this either I'm as honest as they come.

New Kid On the Block
In response to miniscraper

I have done something close to that. When I got home I saw it was a bundle of packages. I have also been a stockperson at a retail store. Sometimes its hard to tell what needs to be opened and what sells as a bundle. I have also had customers grab the bundle before I had the chance to open it properly.

Mlr0607
Resident
Mlr0607

i did something like that once! I bought a Heidi Swapp clear stamp at target. i couldnt understand why the stamp said love but the back of the package said happy birthday! when i got home i looked at it and there was 4 packages all stuck together!!! all different ones too!

Mississippi Queen
Diva
Mississippi Queen
In response to Mlr0607

I bought a purse once (this was a loooong time ago). I was in a hurry, so I didn't bother to open it and look inside. Got it home and discovered that someone had stuffed it full of scarves!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Mississippi Queen

I think this kind of stuff happens to everyone at one point or another.

I was at Target and I had bought a makeup kit for my DD...this was just for last years Christmas actually...the kit felt kind of heavy for what was in it...opened it up before I went to wrap it and someone had put a TON of different nail polishes and higher brand makeup in it. I felt AWFUL. Like $500 worth of stuff. THAT I did call about, but the manager never returned my call. He probably thought I was a lunatic.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Diva Scraps

I bought some We Are Memory Keepers chipboard tags that match some papers. They come in a molded plastic package. I didn't use them for a long time and when I finally decided to check them out for a potential layout, there were two packages stuck together. Now I have two packages I never used. I think I bought them at an expo and maybe they were meant to be sold like that...I'll never know.

Keleia
Keleia 
Guru
Keleia

I must be THE most pathetic person ever! I went to Wally World and was looking for some craft magnets. I realized that I had only paid for one set, as they were stuck together. I told the clerk and actually paid for the other set before I left the store. THEN, went to Freddy's and found the magnets that I really wanted in the first place and they were a lot less expensive. So, now guess who is going to return the other magnets? Sometimes, you just can't win!!

Hannah S
Expert
Hannah S
In response to Mlr0607

• Mlr0607 Said:
i did something like that once! I bought a Heidi Swapp clear stamp at target. i couldnt understand why the stamp said love but the back of the package said happy birthday! when i got home i looked at it and there was 4 packages all stuck together!!! all different ones too!

The same thing happened to me!

JennAboo
Expert
JennAboo
In response to Hannah S

OMG! now see....no need to feel so bad. I also have done the same thing. I bought several packs of paper, and when I got home I realized 2 packs had not been seperated and there were three pack in the package. I did feel bad at first. However I put them in my buggy, put them on the counter and the checker rang them up as a single package. I ended up giveing them to a couple of friends who wanted to start scrapbooking but had no material. It's not shoplifting. It's an unexpected gift from the scrapbook fairy. lol

gmanscrap
Veteran
gmanscrap
In response to JennAboo

I know this sounds TERRIBLE, but....I can't tell you how many "bags" of grocery items I've left behind: tp, even meat that is "bad" when I've opened it out of the package. I live in the country, so.....I'm not "hiking a trip" back to the store to complain or "repack" my items once I've gotten home. I figure if this happens....not your fault or choice. These things have never happened to me, but then again, I rarely "shop" at the store (mainly online). Maybe I should store shop more often....would increase my odds! LOL!

flowerdisco
Idol
flowerdisco
In response to gmanscrap

I would take it as my lucky days and for the holidays I would think is from Santa

Now, seriously, Once I went to ACM , can't remember what I was buying, but I did noticed it was more than one and I put it back because I did not want them to think I was trying to pull one on them and get in trouble. But, if I did not notice, yes, I will take it as my lucky day!

rubyc
rubyc 
Expert
rubyc
  • rubyc on 12-19-08 12:32 PM

• miniscraper Said:
I felt so bad...
This Was NOT at Michaels.

I've not said anything about this for fear it might come back to bite me in the ********..Back in fall a store had scrap stuff on sale I really wanted the DCWV "All Dressed Up"stack they had it.I picked it up,thought it was a tad heavy, My mind is trying to think of WHY this is..The light went on....there was more than one stack in this pack,well knowing this i went and paid for my "one" stack..I get home and after i opened it their were 3 stacks all done up ,they hadn't taken it out of the package/wrapping..I laughed,but at the same time felt bad...lol ~ I don't normally do stuff like this either I'm as honest as they come.

The same thing happened to me. Funny thing is that the lady that scanned it told me that it was alot of paper for the price. I went home and noticed that it was 3 stacks wrapped in plastic.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to rubyc

I recently placed an order with another online store. One of the items was similar to the chipboard tags posted below. When it arrived the tags were in a plastic box that contained two packs. I guess whoever packed the order didn't realize they were sold individually. I gave away one as a gift.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to Judy_Scraps

i have done the same thing... went to michaels eo get a pack of cardstock to come home and see that 3 packs were together... it happens to all of us... Santa was good to you

scrappin addict
Resident
scrappin addict
In response to Mimmy96

goodness i need to go buy paper at michaels!!! I was sent the wrong order from Cropper Hopper and when I called to see where mine was they said I could keep it. and would get mine soon.

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to scrappin addict

Windfalls ladies, I don't think we set out to intentionally think ohhh, what can I get extra, but we all make mistakes and sometimes they are all in our favor, count it as my lucky day and say thanks! Have had it happen even at Starbucks when the girl was talking to much and actually gave me back my money and than some. I didn't realize it either till I was already somewhere else. Hey free coffee!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to PaperPrincess13

If I notice this kind of stuff, I draw it to the cashier's attention. Sometimes it's a "2 for 1" sale or something. If I don't notice until I get home, I call and tell the store staff what happened and tell them I'll pay for it the next time I'm there. Most of the time, they will tell you to keep it.

annoniemous
Veteran
annoniemous
In response to PaperPrincess13

I made an order from another scrapbooking site, and I received an item that I didn't order. I also did NOT receive two items that I ordered. The item I received was much cooler and cost a lot more ($25 instead of $10 for the other two), so instead of bothering them to send me the right products (the ones listed on my invoice and that I had paid for), I kept the mistake. Is that so bad...? I mean, if you only do it once...

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to annoniemous

Joann's once sent me a pack of MM alpha rub-ons that I didn't order. I contacted them about the order for some reason (maybe they left something out) and they told me to keep them.

This is NSBR but I ordered a Cherished Teddie from an ebay seller a couple of years ago. When I received it they had put an extra figurine in the box (different from the one I ordered). I contacted the seller asking if she had meant to do that or maybe she put it in my box by mistake. She said it was a gift because she delayed shipping the item for a few days. I didn't even notice the delay. I thought that was very nice of her. The original bear I ordered was a gift for a friend and I kept the second one for myself.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Judy_Scraps

I had the same thing happen with a pack of photo corners I bought from a discount store. They too were not taken apart properly. What is more is the clerk gave me what I knew was too cheap a price on them because she couldn't find the UPC to ring them up properly. This was after I had already indicated that the price in the location had been such and such and not the price she was ringing them up at. So, when I got home and discovered that I had multiple packs of them bound together I felt a little guilty. But I figured that at the time I had tried to be as honest as I could be and calling back about them would probably be more trouble than it was worth.

Of course I am also the type who will let myself be double charged for things or put up with faulty products without complaint... many times anyway. As has been said here already, I figure it averages out. And it isn't the same thing as intentionally walking away with something you knew you were paying too little for. Of course if you absolutely can't live with the guilt, there is always the phone... you can call them and tell them what happened and try to set it right.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics