Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: I did it OMG!        (Topic#1489469)
coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to miniscraper

I know just what you are talking about.... I stock that stack every week. I can't imagine the clerk not catching it when they were stocking let alone the cashier but then again the cashier might not have any idea about the paper stacks. I do know that the smaller packs are easy to do that with because they are glued together at the binding and we have to separate them....But lucky you!!!!

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to coffeenow

• coffeenow Said:
I know just what you are talking about.... I stock that stack every week. I can't imagine the clerk not catching it when they were stocking let alone the cashier but then again the cashier might not have any idea about the paper stacks. I do know that the smaller packs are easy to do that with because they are glued together at the binding and we have to separate them....But lucky you!!!!

Or more appropriately "dishonest you".

Yuyis
Yuyis 
Idol
Yuyis
  • Yuyis on 12-29-08 07:32 PM
In response to scrapnread

This definitely has mixed opinions; yes it may seem 'lucky' but IMO I'd not keep it.

I had something similar happen to me with the Martha S cutting mats @ Ms, DH bought 'one' for me and when he got home I opened the pckg and it had 3 so trying to do the right thing I called the store the next morning (it was a store about 3 hrs from home) and the Mgr understood I could not return it right away so they allowed me to keep the other two mats thanking me for the honesty and adjusting their inventory list accordingly.

I'm not saying that I'm a saint or always do the right thing, but you know what? it does make me feel good knowing that I didn't cheat someone else knowningly.

So I guess it comes to one's values and integrity.

EdnaLegume
Tenant
EdnaLegume
In response to Yuyis

there's a reason you have a guilty conscience... it lets you know right from wrong. and you can't hide from it either.

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics