Page 1694 of 1694 
Username Post: Oh, Snap! The CoFers! {closed/active}        (Topic#1489731)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Heather J. Landry

• Heather J. Landry Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Heather J. Landry Said:
  • slywalker Said:
Just got back from the golf club where I had the best Kangaroo Sausages for dinner...soooo nice, and to add to that Bob won the raffle which was a little bag full of King Island Cheeses, yum...and we are going to have to give most of them away as they will be out of date when we get back.

King Island for those that don't know is on the North West corner of Tasmania in Bass Strait, that's the stretch of water that separates Tasmania from the rest of Australia and their cheeses are among the best made in Australia.

You lost me at kangaroo sausages! I didn't know people ate kangaroo! Congrats on Bob winning the cheeses! That's really neat.

Oh yes Kangaroo is very popular, we don't eat much of it at all and only have the sausages if we know who made them, the meat is really lean and not at all strong like Venison. Honestly, they are really yummy.

You know Lesley... I've eaten alligator, turtle, deer, and all kinds of fish. I would try the kangaroo if I could. Venison is really too strong for me unless I salt and soak it for hours. My grandpa hunts all the time and is always bringing home wild turkey and pigs.

Oh I wish there was some way I could get some to you Heather, don't know whether it would be commercially available in America, it really is nice although only in sausages, I've never had a Kangaroo steak.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Lesley - are you in country?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Spent most of the day in the emergency room with my mom. She has the flu. Egads! Ken, Matty and I spent a day in the car with her yesterday.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Hi everyone,
Yes Marlene I am in the Country, feeling very very tired, didn't even wake until 10am this morning after waking up fully at 4am yesterday morning.

I started to reply to posts last night when the internet cut out, it is very expensive here and I was only going to have the one 24 hr block but the Cricket is on in Australia and Bob likes to check out the results so I have now renewed it. It cut out just as I was replying to Heathers post last night.

Just been out to dinner with my 2 scrapping friends I met from here and we thought it would be nice for the husbands to go but it didn't really happen. Neither of them drank or talked much and I must give Bob credit, he really did try to strike up conversation, but it is much better with just the girls. I would like to meet them for lunch one day but with Xmas and all the preparations I'm not sure whether they or I will have time.

Did the underground walk of Seattle it which was fascinating but very tiring, then continued to walk all over Seattle while Bob shopped, he went crazy..I sure have trained him well hehehe...it works out well because he then matches it for me. I got a pair of slip on shoes today but nothing else, not seen anything scrappy but didn't really expect to in the city. We went up the Sky Needle Tower yesterday with Erin and Jarrod and Henry and they did actually have a scrapbooking kit with the scenes on it so of course I had to have it, not sure I'm all that wrapt in it but I'm sure I'll work something out.

One more day before we head down to Portland but in a way wish we were just going to Erin's its was awful saying goodbye yesterday afternoon.

Marlene I hope your mum is ok?

Hope you all had great thanksgiving days..cheers Lesley

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to slywalker

Good morning. I peeked in on my mom before I came to work and she was sleeping soundly so I didn't wake her. I have to go get her presecriptions filled. My boss, who is very stingy about letting me run errands, is going to have to suck it up. I have to do this, if I have to take personal time then that's the way it is. I'm entitled to two 15 minute breaks a day that I never get so I think it's a fair trade that I can slip out for an emergency errand once in a while.

I really need to work for at least another year but I am getting sick to death of the nit picking. I absolutely despise nit pickers. Ok, rant over.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Spent most of the day in the emergency room with my mom. She has the flu. Egads! Ken, Matty and I spent a day in the car with her yesterday.

Marlene, that is not good. I hope everyone gets through it ok. Did you get a flu shot? or don't you get one?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I never get a flu shot. My mom got one Oct 1st. The doc said is takes a while for them to work or you can get a different strain from the vacination. It's too late for me now.

Matty has exams next week, I sure hope she doesn't get it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

I have set up a new thread. I did it under my account to streamline things. Everything is the same and no changes will be made without consulting everyone else. Everyone is welcome to join in. See ya over there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/48/ti...

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I am over there.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to lilmrmaid

I am on the other thread completely now! See you girls there.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Heather J. Landry

So I'm guessing I just click on the link and then delete this one is that right?....you girls know I don't like change hehehe...especially when I'm on restricted access to the net, so if I disappear into cyber space you'll come looking right!!

Marlene how is your mum, does she have the normal strain of flu or the H1N1? I hope it is the normal winter strain, but she obviously is not very well being in hospital, although it sounds like you are calling in on her at home...hugs to you both.

Page 1694 of 1694 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics