Username Post: getting the chalk to "Set"        (Topic#1489789)
New Kid On the Block

it's late, so i can't think of the right word other than "set" but -
when using chalk on a layout, is there any easy way to get the chalk to set so it doesn't smear when you're doing the rest of the page??? in particular, are there anyways that use at home products so i don't have to go buy anything?? i have heard that hair spray will work, has anyone heard this??
thanks!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to paperkitty

Don't put hair spray on your layouts, it's not acid free. There are art fixatives. I just used chalk pencils on my Christmas cards and used a cotton swab to blend and get off the excess.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to paperkitty

There is a certain chalk that I've used that takes forever to *dry*. I used my hairdryer on low heat and that did the trick! Can't say it works on all of them, though.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to kanary

I quit using chalks because they were so messy. I switched over to Prismacolor Pencils and blend with Goo Gone (or Gamsol or baby oil). I LOVE it, and there isn't the mess like I had with chalks.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to identicaltriplets

I use those little cotton applicators for eye makeup to apply chalk. You can easily brush the excess off the layout with a clean one or a clean cotton swab.

I also apply the chalks last.

If you are talking about the chalk inks... I apply them lightly so I've never had a problem with them taking long to dry.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to scrappycath

You can take a sheet of computer paper and "blot" your page that will help some, otherwise I always do my chalking last.

But, the Stampin' Up chalks do not smudge or smear so they're on my list to get next!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Scrapbook Queen

• Scrapbook Queen Said:
You can take a sheet of computer paper and "blot" your page that will help some, otherwise I always do my chalking last.

But, the Stampin' Up chalks do not smudge or smear so they're on my list to get next!

I was going to say that I've never had a problem with this, but I use the SU chalks. Guess that's it!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to scraprabbit

These are great for applying chalks and they're not messy.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics