Page 1 of 131 
Username Post: VCW #95: Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot...Let's Scrap Them!        (Topic#1489971)
c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself here. You can also place Prayer Requests here . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

VCW Yahoo! Group

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved for the group. There are a few people around here to keep an eye on the admin of the list, so the approval shouldn't take too long. The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Realized it was Friday...going on 6 a.m....no one else had started the new thread yet...I could do it.

(Hope I did it right.) (It's been so long...)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

Morning

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

I've had some coffee.

my dishwasher is running.

I've caught up online.

I'm going to start decluttering ye olde scraproom now. First step: clear a shelf and set up my new iHome radio.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

My iHome rocks!!! Love it! It has a battery back up, so I didn't even have to set the clock, I just plugged it in and it was already correctly set.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Elizabeth (when you get here)

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• leebla Said:
  • NMlady Said:
So did Elizabeth ever tell us what was in the scrapbook.com box?

Edited by leebla on 12-26-08 05:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • leebla Said:
Zachary went from Mr sweet and happy and affectionate to Mr Evil and Nasty about an hour ago when he was losing tennis to me and doing badly as baseball and now he is just pure evil.

Plus he just suddenly whipped out a list of dates that the swim coach says he was absent from practice and wants a note to excuse him from those absences, but when I tried to ask him about the dates he got all mad at me and said, whatever fine, I'll just quit. I didn't miss that many days but I don't know what I was doing and where I was so fine, I'll just quit.

Take a deep breath, talk to him again about the swim stuff when he's not losing at Wii, and tell him that if he can't be a graceful loser he can just forget about playing the games.

Woke him up this morning with 2 Concerta and a glass of water in my hand. Attempted to talk to him about it. He refused to talk. Bill tried to talk to him, he said he wasn't going. I told him I wrote a note to the coach explaining a couple of the days that I knew about, and told her I needed a chance to look at the other days and compare them with days he was home sick from school, and didn't he think that would help. He shrugged his shoulders. So I went in again and said are you just quitting, or were you already kicked off the team. He said I might as well be, if I can't explain all those days, and I don't think I missed that many so I can't unless we just make it up, so I guess I just quit. And he won't talk any more about it.

I am just beside myself right now I am so upset about it. I'm just sick.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

sorry, forgot it was Friday, was catching up on the old thread

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I would just about pay any money for Bill to take my grandmother shopping this morning and let me hide today, but I don't think he will.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I would take her shopping if I were closer, Elizabeth. And you would only have to buy me coffee. (Because it would do me a favor and get me out of the house before my PMSing self cracks John over the head for being a man. That's right, his only offense right now is his gender.)

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

went online to look in Progress Book at his attendence record. Didn't help.
Looked at his grades while I was there. Now I'm even more depressed.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I know you would Liz. And I appreciate that.
I guess since I suck as a mother I might as well try to be a good granddaughter.

Then I need to come home and finish up wrapping the last couple things for the grandkids for Sunday.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

you do not suck as a mother!!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

oh I put way too much horseradish on this sandwich! My nose is clear, anyway.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Good Friday morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to TripletMother

I am freezing!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

May take me forever to get caught up on the old thread from the last few days!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

How was everyone's Christmas?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Elizabeth, Don't let this get you down. His life and his consequences. I too get the feeling you don't have the whole story. Any chance of talking to the swim coach? And you certainly don't suck at being a mother! You're dealing with a teen and this is a normal way of feeling at this stage.

Liz/Moxie, hmmm... horseradish may be just what I need. I'm stuffed up and queasy right now.

Heather, I'm gonna have to skim the old thread myself. Check out the blog updates to help get caught up.

Page 1 of 131 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics