Username Post: cross-stitch        (Topic#1490289)
forever_and_always
Expert
forever_and_always

Anyone here enjoy cross-stitching? i find it to be relaxing! Just like crocheting. =) For Christmas i recieved a computer program that allows you to design your own patterns for cross-stitch. Here is the link: http://www.hobbyware.com/

I can't wait to get started! I have been cross-stitching off and on for the past five years.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 12-29-08 12:51 PM
In response to forever_and_always

That is very neat. Can't wait to see what you make!

MichelleinSaintLouis
Resident
MichelleinSaintLouis
In response to Bran

Wow! I love xstitching! I used to be part of EMS but I just could not keep up with them there (alibis: babies & life)

I have finished a few projects since I started six years ago but I've never really done it exclusively (another alibi )

I have one now that I started right after my son was born (he's six months old now )

but that's why I call it a hobby I guess. I do it only when I have time. (MAJOR ALIBI! )

I once tried a free three day trial of a xstitch program. I used it all day & all night and printed all the patterns I have created. (pretty sneaky huh)

and the site I can only remember as "lilac" lets people upload images and makes patterns out of them but then they keep copies and own rights to the patterns...

I do find it very relaxing! It's a shame Walmart does not carry DMC products anymore! Anyways, happy stitching!

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to MichelleinSaintLouis

I love cross-stitching! Have done few things. My mom used to do it and I started when I was about 15 y.o. I do it now on and off-mostly small things. The program looks very cool! I can't wait to see what you create!

forever_and_always
Expert
forever_and_always
In response to denitza

Yeah, I think I really only have two finished cross stitch projects... it takes alot of time...

I've looked and Michael's and JoAnns, but i didn't like their cross stitch patterns, so this will be good!

Very sneaky with using the trial to print off the patterns you wanted!!! Haha, that made me laugh!

denitza
Mayor
denitza

You may want to look around the blog world for cooler patterns. I'll see if I have some bookmarked.

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to denitza

Oh, you have the program and make whatever you want in to a pattern

forever_and_always
Expert
forever_and_always
In response to denitza

yes =) but if you have any nice ones bookmarked, i'd love to take a look at them!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

I've been cross stitching since I was 7 years old. It's what I do while I watch TV. I've made xstitch xmas ornaments to send with cards every year since I was 10 (that's 27 years now), although I will admit that only 3 people got them this year. Since I've started scrapbooking I've cut way down on the amount of xstitch I do. My wedding gift to people is always a xstitch sampler and I usually make them for the birth of children as well. For good friends and family they are large ones to hang on the wall. For more distant friends they might be only 8x10 or even 5x7. Over the years I've made quite a few significant projects both that hang on my walls and that I've given away. I've spent a truly unbelievable number of hours on it. I do find it relaxing though so I consider it fun rather then work.

forever_and_always
Expert
forever_and_always
In response to disneylisa

what a cool idea!! i plan on making for for the birth of each of my children. =)
and i also cross stitch in front of the tv haha... if i don't i feel like i'm wasting my time!

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428

I've only recently started cross-stitching again. When we were overseas that's primarily what I would do. My mom would send me the supplies I needed. Right now I'm finishing up a quilt that I started several years ago for my youngest. It is wildlife babies. I have two done and a whole lot more to go. I switch between that and a Celtic knot needlepoint.

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33

Hey! I just started cross stitching last week and am on my second kit from M's. I think I'm really hooked and can't wait to try non-kit designs. The software looks really cool and is something I'll definately consider later on.

freska1181
Guru
freska1181
In response to deigh_z33

I love cross stiching I haven't done it in years though. My mom taught me when I was little and I haven't xstitched anything since my Ds was a baby, he's 10 now. Maybe I'll pick something up and start again.

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to freska1181

I love cross-stitching!! Always have 2 or 3 on the go. Mostly i spend my time on the big ones and the little things i start sit there and dont get done but the major things i always finish.
I bought a computer program last week that makes patterns from your photos but i havent looked at it yet.

scrappingnavywife
Resident
scrappingnavywife
In response to miss becky

I do xstitch as well when I have time. I have so many interests in various craft projects but just not enough time in the day. My New Year's resolution already is to finish every project I have bought a pattern for in my house before the movers show up again in a year to pack us up and move us again (oh military life). I have sewing patterns, cross stitch patterns, and latch hook kits...plus everything else of course...I better get a move on...

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to scrappingnavywife

I love cross stitching as well. My favorite patterns are by Paula Vaughn -- I love all of the porch settings, old fashioned dresses, quilts, etc.

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to scrapinsmiles

I'm an avid cross stitcher, have been for years. I'm currently working on some seasonal dragons from cross my heart inc.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics