Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: D ring Albums        (Topic#1490561)
Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 12-31-08 08:29 AM

I am thinking of switching to D-ring albums due to the "puffiness" of my lo's! I was looking at the American Crafts . Does anybody have any opinions about the album, or any info on the page protectors ? I wonder if it take the basic size?
Thanks!

American Crafts - Cloth Album - 12x12 D-Ring Album - Chestnut

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 12-31-08 08:36 AM
In response to Foamy

Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough good things about the American Crafts D-Ring albums. I switched about 9 months ago, and I absolutely LOVE them! SO much easier!

I'm not sure about whether they take the basic size (although I imagine they would if the rings line up properly), but they do sell the page protectors for those albums separately. I believe each album comes with 10 pages, and you can buy additional packs of 10. I always wait till Hobby Lobby has their albums and page refills 50% off (they do this week, by the way!) and get them then. You can get a 12 X 12 album and an extra pack of refill pages for less than $15.

But yeah, I definitely recommend them!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 12-31-08 08:42 AM
In response to Ami G

Ohhh thanks so much! I really appreciate the info! I am looking forward to changing!!! thanks again!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Foamy

Totally agree with Ami! I switched over 2 years ago and I won't go back. I love the AC D Ring albums!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-31-08 09:20 AM
In response to Here Kitty

Aren't the D-Ring albumst longer than the post bound ones? I've been thinking about rying the D-Rings too, but I have a hard enough time getting the post albums to fit in a bookcase.

Edited by Kimberkv on 12-31-08 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 12-31-08 09:52 AM
In response to KimKV

• Kimberkv Said:
Aren't the D-Ring albumst longer than the post bound ones? I've been thinking about rying the D-Rings too, but I have a hard enough time getting the post albums to fit in a bookcase.

They are a bit longer. I just held a post-bound album up to a D-Ring to see the difference, and the D-Ring is about an inch and a half longer. I have mine on a cube bookshelf, and it's a little bit out from the wall, so it's not a problem. I just push them all the way back, and an inch or so sort of "hangs off". So the spines line up nicely with the front of the shelf. Not sure if that's a possibility for you to store them that way.

Also, you have to remember that a D-Ring album holds probably 3 times what a post-bound album does (so you won't have to store as many), and it's also soooo much easier to use. So it's worth the (slight) hassle of the larger size to me.

Hope that helps!

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to Ami G

Love mine as well! I don't love the gap between the pages but overall it is not that big a deal, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages for me.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 01-01-09 06:00 PM
In response to MommyMarci

Weeee bought my first 2 today! I am thinking maybe I can use my postbound albums for 2 pg lo's & my D rings for all my puffy single page lo's! thanks ladies

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-02-09 03:07 PM
In response to Foamy

• Foamy Said:
Weeee bought my first 2 today! I am thinking maybe I can use my postbound albums for 2 pg lo's & my D rings for all my puffy single page lo's! thanks ladies

That sounds like a great idea! I still use postbound albums, too, for my yearly BOM (Book of Me) and for family get-together layouts.

Yay for switching! You're gonna love 'em!

jebred
jebred 
Tenant
jebred
In response to Ami G

they had a quick tip on paperclipping where she said you can sew two page protectors together at the seam with clear thread for two page layouts. much smaller gap then.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to jebred

I also am a HUGE fan of these albums! Once I made the switch I don't think I will ever go back to post bound!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-19-09 12:50 PM
In response to luv2scrap:)

I only use post bound albums...but that is just what I got started with. I really almost started wtih D-Ring ones, but didn't know what the "normal" scrapbook was supposed to look like. LOL...that was several years ago!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to LeeLo

I just made my switch to the ac albums from the post bound and i will never go back so much more lo;s I can fit and i dont have as many albums as I did.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to Briannasmom

It seems like many people are switching to the "D" ring books.
It seems like they would be easier, but I haven't yet just for the fact so many of my LOs are 2 pagers and want them to join up.
...I might have to stockpile my albums.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Foamy

I switched to d-rings albums because I like a book that lays flat with pages that flip easily.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to gayle3131

• gayle3131 Said:
It seems like many people are switching to the "D" ring books.
It seems like they would be easier, but I haven't yet just for the fact so many of my LOs are 2 pagers and want them to join up.
...I might have to stockpile my albums.

I saw a video about actually sewing your pages together so there is no gap. I think you can also do it with double side tape or staples but sewing is probablly the cleanest.

Amber Boren
Expert
Amber Boren
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I love D-Ring albums. It is so much easier to add page protectors to. Very simple. Just the way I like it..

scrappypug
Tenant
scrappypug
In response to Amber Boren

I love the d ring albums by American Crafts - I love the fact that in teh 12x12 I can use all different size page protectors too. I have a mix in all of mine... from 6x6 up.

Bellanca
Guru
Bellanca
In response to scrappypug

I made the switch from Colorbox post bound albums to the AC D-Rings this month and I'm completely happy with it. I do have a lot of 2 page layouts, and the gap is noticeable but not a show-stopper. I may try attaching two protectors together as other posters have suggested.

I have already started doing layouts in various sizes. I love that flexibility.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Foamy

I LOVE my Chocolate D-Ring from American Crafts . I got it as a Valentine's Day gift from http://www.scrapbookgifts.com and my fiance paired it with the BasicGrey Bittersweet collection. It arrived beautifully gift-wrapped and with a handwritten card - SOOOO Romantic!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics