Page 1 of 37 
Username Post: FULL/ACTIVE ~~ 7 Days of Swapping - Valentines Day        (Topic#1490663)
Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis

Pals out: 1/1
Kits received by your partner by: 2/7

The 12 Days of Swapping Christmas swap was such a hit…..I figured let’s do it again!

Max 2 spots per person. I will accept partner requests, however, you may not have the same person you had last round. You may want to send me a list in order of preference in case I can’t give you the person you requested.

7 Days of Swapping
($35 gift swap)

This will be a secret pal swap and you will not be made to have the same person that has you – that way everyone still has the ability to request who they want.

You will send your pal 7 gifts total – all scrapbooking related. Each is wrapped separately and must be have a tag marked with the date your pal is to open it. Your tags can be simple or elaborate (it’s up to you), but must contain at least 1 technique or embellishment and be obviously valentine related. For instance, a die cut heart stamped with the date would be fine…or you can go crazy with even more techniques or embellies. You mail them all together along with a handmade Valentine’s Day card.

You must mail your pals package so that they receive it by February 7th (very important).

On February 8th your pal will open their handmade card and their first gift labeled for that date.
Then on February 9th they will open their next gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until February 14th when they open their last and biggest gift.
This why your pal must have their package by 2/7

Each day everyone will hopefully post what they received as their gift for that day.

All items must be storebought, from your pals wishlist/survey, be scrapbooking related and be new/unused. No goodie bags are allowed – all NIP.

The total value of the first 6 gifts (2/8-2/13) must be a minimum total retail value $25.

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Valentine’s Day must be worth at least $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought)

Any additional handmades or gifts (scrapbooking related or not) are optional/extra…but who doesn’t like to be spoiled? Stay away from dollar stores to be safe. Don’t be cheap. Follow your pals wishlist(s) and survey for items that count towards the minimum requirements. The best way to make your pal happy is to follow their wishlist – can’t go wrong there!

Mailing
Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open (8-14).
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 2/7. Don’t cut it too close!!!
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit

Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day.

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps.

= recd package from pal

Me
Dixiecorngirl
Navyaowife2005
CaughtULokN2
Mommie75
Mommie75
Marciaray
Pattie G
RN2007
scrappindmbfan
scrappindmbfan
Vawm
Vawm
TINK12170
Farnsworth
haasiendamom
ScrappyNewMom
livn4change
livn4change
Byondbzr
CMLeach
ScrapAddict21
ScrapAddict21

Edited by Tigergenesis on 02-11-09 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to Tigergenesis

Okay, check your pm’s shortly for your pals.

I’d also like to take a moment to emphasize a few of things for this swap.

It seems in several swaps lately I’ve had to play ‘mean hostess’ due to low quality items being sent, minimums not being met, people not receiving items on their wishlist in wishlist only swaps, people substituting something on a wishlist with a low quality alternative, etc. So……..just a few reminders…….

1no one likes a cheap pal. Do not send anyone something from the dollar store, a brand sold in dollar stores, low end items, stuff from your stash you don’t want, anything that looks like it came from the dollar store or any store that isn’t for scrapbooking!!!! If your pal said in their survey that they like dollar store stuff, or they like Miss Elizabeth brand, etc - then that’s fine. Just because someone says, “I’d love anything”…. doesn’t necessarily mean they would be fine with dollar store stuff. I do buy some dollar store stuff for myself – so I use it at times. But I would never send any in a swap (or any other off brand, low quality item, etc). A good guide for brands is those sold here on sb.com or other high-end scrap book stores.

2 - Everything you send your pal that counts towards the minimum must be NIP. You are welcome to send extra goodies (storebought or handmade, scrapbooking related or not), but it is not required and does not count towards the minimum. I highly recommend following your pal’s wishlist for most/all of their goodies – after all, that’s why it is there. That’s the best way to please them. But of course you can use their survey to help you shop – just be sensible about it.

3 – You must meet the minimum! If you want/can spoil your pal with more, then you are welcome to do so. But do not expect the same in return as not everyone can spend over all the time. But you should expect to receive high quality items.

4 – Remember that the last gift must be a minimum of $10 retail. The other 6 gifts must total at least $25. If you choose to spend more on days 1-6 does not mean day 7’s gift can be less than $10.

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

got my pal - thanks - very excited!!!!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to Pattie G.

cant wait to get my pal and start looking at her wishlist.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to navyaowife2005

Got my pal. Got everything printed off. Now all I need is to SHOP!

TINK12170
Guru
TINK12170
In response to CMLeach

woot!!!!!!!!!! Got my pal..hmmm she is really making me think hard for this one LOL..I love it :)...now off to shop

CaughtULokN2
Guru
CaughtULokN2
In response to TINK12170

Got my pal and going shopping tomorrow!

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to TINK12170

I got my pal!

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to scrappindmbfan

got my pals and made a order yippee

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to mommie75

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I know, I know, I know I love to shop...LOL! yippeee pal, I hope you are ready to get seriously spoiled!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to dixiecorngirl

Placed an order for my pal!!!!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

I have a question. If I have over 7 gifts, do I wrap some of them together?

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to ScrapAddict21

you can wrap/give more than one item for a day. You could make the extra item(s) something they can open up early...whatever you want to do. As long as there are 7 days of gifts, the first 6 days add up to a minimum of $25, the last day is a minimum of $10, they are all NIP, they are all storebought, they are all scrapbooking related, they are all high quality and they all follow your pals wishlist or survey.

Anything over that can be goodies bags, non scrapbooking, not from their wishlist, handmade...whatever. You can add those extra items to any of the 7 days, let them open them early, attach them to the outside of the package with the tag.........it's up to you. After the minimum the sky is the limit.

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21

great! Thanks!

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

• Tigergenesis Said:

Me too! (with ACB)!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Pattie G.

Yay! I got my pals and am ready to SHOP!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to Pattie G.

• Pattie G. Said:
  • Tigergenesis Said:

Me too! (with ACB)!

Me too! Today is free shipping day! And I ordered some stuff from my mom's store too. Now I'll work on the tags and card and I'm all set.

RN2007
RN2007 
Queen
RN2007

You are all so fast!

Tigergenesis
Diva
Tigergenesis
In response to RN2007

i was craving for a reason to shop! lol

Anyone interested in a discount code for Scrappy Jo's or free shipping info for AC Bailey pm me.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75

lol discounts but i tihnk i might be done with this swap shopping already got in a rush lol

Page 1 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics