Username Post: Creative Memories Side Loading page protectors        (Topic#1490997)
New Kid On the Block

Has anyone used the CM side loading page protectors yet? They are new and do not require you to glue your pages in from what I hear. Any opinions? I am worried that the pages won't be good for some of my thick pages. I don't use CM embellishments; most of my pages are pretty thick. Does anyone know how these would do? Can you still get 40 pages in the album if they are thick?

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to scrapinaway

I thought all the CM page protectors were side loading!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to johnsusan8

These pages are able to be used in combination with the normal CM page protectors . The new side loading ones are for projects that have embellishments, newspaper articles, certificates etc or also for your new digital StoryBook page prints (digital scrapbooking) as that way you do not have to use adhesives. So these would be fine for use with your embellishments. I have tried them with buttons, ribbons and felt flowers and they seem to do the trick. The reccomended page limit is still 40 so you should be safe. I hope this information helps!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to chile_chicken

I'm using them now. I have a couple of pages with thick embellies on them and they fit fine. Unless I am doing an all black album for example, I will not be using CM's traditional refill pages anymore but using the side loading sleeves for all my albums.

If you have any questions, contact me or your consultant (if you have one) and we'll get you straightened out.

Meldawn
Veteran
Meldawn
In response to moxiegirl23

Okay, I use all CM albums, but gluing on the pages has been my only complaint through the years. SO...are you saying that the new ones work with the regular CM albums and that you just drop in your lo? Are they as sturdy?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Meldawn

The will work will the new coversets only, the true 12x12 and true 8x8. If you have older coversets they will fit, they are too wide.

They are incredibly sturdy, the plastic seems a little thicker than the regular page protectors , but just as clear. Also, there are notched corners where you slide your layout into to help you avoid ripping anything when you're putting a layout into the sleeve.

Meldawn
Veteran
Meldawn

Yay! I'm assuming the price is comparable to buying page + protector before...?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Meldawn

yes

Raquel in N.S
Veteran
Raquel in N.S

Hi ,
You should have no problem at all unless your embell. are very thick. Even chipboard and flowers will be fine. I like C.M I person. don't just scrap on the pages but scrap on carstock and then glue at the corners only! You can also adjust the spine and strapping.

Edited by Raquel in N.S on 01-04-09 03:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momneverstops
New Kid On the Block
momneverstops
In response to Raquel in N.S

The Creative Memories page protector work great! I have some pretty thick pages and they are fine. If you have a lot of thick pages I wouldn't put more than 40 pages in the CM book though

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to momneverstops

I love creative memories page protectors and albums!!!

cheball
Diva
cheball

I always just slide my layouts in to a page protector. What do you glue yours to?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to cheball

Creative Memories offers two types of refills...

side loading slide in sleeves/page protectors

and

actual pages you can scrapbook on and then slide a piece of plastic over them. Before the side loading sleeves came out, people would adhere their layout (especially if you used patterned paper) onto the page.

New Kid On the Block

I am having a hard time with those and am wondering if anyone else is. My side-loading pages keep bending where you insert the pages every time someone turns a page. It is like I have to sit there and turn the pages for people to look at my scrapbook. I have invested about $400 into these sleeves and am wondering if I made a mistake...

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to hfergus3

I would also like to know your opinions of these...I only use CM albums but create all my lo on cardstock or pp and adhere them to the CM pages. But would really like to use these side loading sleeves, especially since it will let me rearrange my pages (as well as save on adhesive for my ATG gun!)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to purpledurple

Unless I'm doing an album where I need all black or all white or all natural/kraft pages, I use the side loading sleeves. I adore them and won't use anything else.

New Kid On the Block

I finally called CM to ask about my issues with the sleeves bc I love them too, I just hate how the pages were bending at the opening when I would turn the page. Appartently you are only supposed to use 32 pages in a book (I was using 45) and you are supposed to load them backwards so that the opening is facing the back. I thought you were only supposed to do that for the first page. Maybe I read it wrong. Can anyone who uses these please tell me what works for you? How many side-loading protectors per book? Do you have them with the opening in the back and that seems to work? Thanks!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to hfergus3

I put 45-50 in a book without issues.

I put the pages in so that the openings of the first and last sleeves in the book do not face the covers. I pull the straps as tightly as possible when putting the cover back on after loading it and i never take both covers off the straps: I leave the straps attached to the front cover and take off the back cover when putting refill pages or side loading sleeves in to the album.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-31-10 01:24 PM
In response to stephie056

I have a side loading album and the love of my life told me the reason the page protectors were bending open was because that style needed to be loaded backwards.

I do not like it when he's right.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics