Page 2 of 1308 
Username Post: The Sassy Blinging Babes COF (Full & Active!)        (Topic#1491213)
rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-05-09 03:10 PM
In response to rtay

me too!
rtay (Profile)

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Rhonda
2. Where you're from? Miami, Arizona
3. Birthday? May 17, 1960, older than the majority of you all
4. How long have you been scrapbooking?
..off and on for 20 years, alot of off
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? divorced last time in 2002,
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 4 kids and 1 grand baby,Sam will be 31 in July, Jason was 29 in April, the twins Alyssa and Andrew will be 21 in November, and my grandaughter will be 2 the 20th of November
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? I have a traveling cat, Gandolf he belongs to the entire family and lives with all of us, so we take turns with him, he is 7 and is currently with me, and looks like he's staying for awhile.... & Bruiser, small Chihaua (sp) mixture pain in the butt, that Drew and Marissa got for me, she is about 6 months old now, and a variety of fish
8. What do you do for a living? Disabled now, but was formerly a truck driver and a heavy equipment operator
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I love inking and hand stitching beads and things to my LO's
10. What would you like to work on most? my BOM
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my DGD
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. Well, most people think it is pretty facinating that I drove semi trucks and heavy equipment. Other wise, I'd say I'm a huge Cher and Elvis fan, I've Seen Cher and been to Graceland!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-05-09 03:20 PM
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
  • rtay Said:
4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want? CHER...I just wanna hang out for a bit!

Did you see Cher on Ellen?

No...I didn't..I rarely pay attention to the TV, especially during the day. Bummer, I would have loved to see it. Maybe it's on youtube. When was it?

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-05-09 03:24 PM
In response to rtay

And one more set of Fives:

1. What was your favorite toy as a child? I had a Barbie that I loved, but I didn't play with he, I made clothes for her..I cut up my Gramma's Mink Stole, to make my Barbie a Mink Coat...OOPs!!!

2. What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"? Would have to be my crafting supplies, scrapping, beading, sewing, painting

3. What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up? a go- cart

4. What is the most dangerous toy you have now? My Driver's Licience...LOL

5. What one toy do you wish you had/have? I wish I had another sports car, first time in years that I have been without on, last one caught fire on the freeway in Phoenix

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Oops, let me redo the questions:

• sbartist Said:

1. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had lots of favorite toys. I fondly remember Barbies and the big house I had that someone gave me. My Mrs. Beasley doll - I loved to wear her glasses and pretend I was a school teacher. The Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven (I tried to find a similar one on the net), mine sat on the floor and I specifically remember getting in big trouble one year at Christmas when I broke all of my brother's new Tinker Toys. I spent the rest of the holiday in my room and had to eat at my oven and watched all of my cousins sledding down our hill outside my bedroom window. I also remember yanking a tooth out so I could come out of my room. And I had to go look this one up, a Poppity Corn Popper - still love popcorn today and so does my DS.

2. What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"?
My scrapbooking toys of course. Haven't yet had an opportunity to really play with the Slice I received and I am waiting for the 2 design cards I ordered too.

3. What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up?
Probably a saucer sledding down the hill. Saucers you sit in, not lie on. What did Bonnie do? I laid on my stomach and went down the hill and of course I am spinning around. What I didn't realize is that someone had parked a sled facing uphill along the side of the road and yep, my face hit the blade and I had to get stitches in between underneath my nose. When I had a bandaid on it looked like I had a mustache.

4. What is the most dangerous toy you have now?
Any scrapbook tool with a blade or my Cutter Bees! Punches can be dangerous too.

5. What one toy do you wish you had/have?
We had limited toys and we played OUTSIDE - imagine that. I had a pretty good imagination since there really weren't many kids around. I played bus stop with my bike. KFC with bricks and water. School. Piano Teacher. We also lived across the street from a lake so I spent hours rowing or swimming in the cove.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • sbartist Said:
  • rtay Said:
4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want? CHER...I just wanna hang out for a bit!

No...I didn't..I rarely pay attention to the TV, especially during the day. Bummer, I would have loved to see it. Maybe it's on youtube. When was it?

Prior to the election because she was wearing a Barack T. And there are several snippets on YouTube.

Edited by sbartist on 01-05-09 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to sbartist

Did you guys know that Hugh Hefner scrapbooks??? There was an episode of Girls next door that showed his room of scrapbooks... he has about 2,000 of them!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
1. What was your favorite toy as a child? I had a Barbie that I loved, but I didn't play with he, I made clothes for her..I cut up my Gramma's Mink Stole, to make my Barbie a Mink Coat...OOPs!!!

LOL - that is an OOPs!

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to sbartist

1. Could you live without your phone (including cell phone) for 1 week for $500? Yeah, I could definitely use the $500!

2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most? Jake, I call him from work on my break every day.

3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did? My ex best friend Deanna. We used to talk non-stop. She would even call me every morning before school! I miss her

4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want? ummm. probably a musician or singer

5. Do you talk on the phone more or less than you used to? less

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-05-09 03:54 PM
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
  • rtay Said:
  • sbartist Said:
  • rtay Said:

Prior to the election because she was wearing a Barack T. And there are several snippets on YouTube.

I just watched it...they had the whole thing in 3 parts.....Ellen seemed a little star struck in the beginning.....I don't blame her, I cried when I went to her concert...Jason and I keep talking about going to the Vegas Show...Maybe we will do that later this year.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 01-05-09 03:55 PM
In response to ScrappyPrincess

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Did you guys know that Hugh Hefner scrapbooks??? There was an episode of Girls next door that showed his room of scrapbooks... he has about 2,000 of them!!

Can you imagine...they are probably all bunnies, and that's the only way he can remember them all.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

1. What was your favorite toy as a child? I loved playing with my barbies, (I still collect them and my BOM is a Barbie album) I also had a paint spinner that was tons of fun to play with!

2. What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"? No comment

3. What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up? a Three Wheeler, I crashed it when I was 14. That's how my knee got screwed up.

4. What is the most dangerous toy you have now? My Exacto knives

5. What one toy do you wish you had/have? Ummm...I don't really wish for much. I'd like to have the Fiskars Shape Boss.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess

LOL Rhonda, That's what I was thinking... he'd probably HAVE to scrap each one how else would you remember the names of that many naked blondes??? LOL

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • ScrappyPrincess Said:

Can you imagine...they are probably all bunnies, and that's the only way he can remember them all.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:

Soooo funny!!!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to CraftyCandace

Bonnie, I'm so glad you did this...thank you for the laughs! I love reading everyone's answers.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to CraftyCandace

Hi babes - wow, new year, new thread!
I would like to do a bit of updating myself:

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? - Sarah
2. Where you're from? Brisbane, Australia
3. Birthday? 21-02-78
4. # of years scrapbooking - 9
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? - DH, married on the 25-3-2000, known each other since 1997
6. Kids? Names & Ages? - Amber (7) Sophia (1 mth)
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Sweet-Pea the turbo charged kitty who's 10 but thinks she still a young thing!)
8. What do you do for a living? - FT Group Leader in Childcare Centre - on maternity leave atm
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? - Inking, flowers, bling & ribbons
10. What would you like to work on most? BOM
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? - Amber & Sophia
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. - My full name is Sarah-Leigh - I'm not named after a Cheesecake!
13. My blog: http://papertree.blogspot.com/

Rhonda I agree with you on the Raks, I personally just like doing the challenges with the babes - with our without a Rak

Bonnie:
1. Could you live without your phone (including cell phone) for 1 week for $500? Yep, I don't like talking on the phone and prefer in person chats
2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most? My Bff Amy
3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did? My sister (too tied up with her snobby inlaws and new job to care about her actual family)
4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want? Angelina Jolie
5. Do you talk on the phone more or less than you used to? Less - it's getting too expensive and I prefer to take my friends out to lunch and chat

1. What was your favorite toy as a child? My cabbage patch doll - yes I have a 21 year old son named Irving Leighton!
2. What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"? Probably my blog - wish I had a Wii though!
3. What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up? Probably my bike or my skates!
4. What is the most dangerous toy you have now? Most likely my car - it's like driving around in a blue coke can it crumples that easy!
5. What one toy do you wish you had/have? I always wanted a cubby house - instead I had to build my own out of sheets or cardboard boxes.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Sarah-Scraps

Candace, Rhonda, Shannon, Bonnie and Sarah ~ front page updated.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to Creative Chaos

Thank you Chelle, you rock!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

*peeks in to check out the new digs*

I will be back to update and answer the questionnaire when I get home. I'm at work right now.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thank you, Chelle!

LISTEN UP ALL YOU AWESOME BABES!! IT'S TIME FOR THE RECIPE SWAP SO....GET EXCITED!!

Sassy Blinging Babes Recipe Swap

I love recipes and cooking so I wanted to host a recipe swap for us Sassy Blinging Babes.
This swap is not mandatory but the more, the merrier (or in this case – yummier!).

This is not a challenge. There will not be any voting. This is simply just for fun so that we can exchange yummy recipes with one another. However, I will send a small RAK to the recipe that I personally think sounds the most delicious.

There will be three recipe categories – Main Dishes, Side Dishes, and Desserts. You must make a recipe for EACH category. This is so we have a nice, thick recipe book and don’t just end up with, for example, ten recipes.

-All “layouts” must be 6x6.
-All recipes must be typed.
-All recipes must say: From the Kitchen of: (Your Name) so that each person will know who the recipe came from.
-You may use as many embellishments or techniques as you wish. These are your recipes – have fun with them!
-You must make a recipe for every person participating in the swap. For example, if ten people are participating in the swap, then you need to make 30 recipe layouts. Ten people x 3 categories = 30 6x6 layouts. This shouldn’t be too hard because there are no pictures involved.

You have until January 12 to sign up. This gives you time to think about this swap and decide which recipes you want to do. Signing up is mandatory so that recipes will not be duplicated. To sign up, PM me with your recipe choice (just the name – not the whole recipe) for each category. Please put “Recipe Swap” in the subject line. If someone has already picked that recipe, I will let you know and ask you to choose another. You may wonder why I don’t just have you sign up here. This is because I don’t want to accidentally overlook your “sign-up.” Once I have received all the sign-ups, I will post a list with everyone’s recipes so you can know what delicious recipes you have to look forward to.

You will be responsible for mailing your recipes to each person in the swap. They must be mailed out no later than March 16. This gives you three months. You can do this, ladies!

If you have any questions, just let me know.

This is also posted on my blog as well as the Sassy Blinging Babes Blog.

Page 2 of 1308 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics