Username Post: vellum quotes        (Topic#1491497)
Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Just wondering how everyone attaches vellum quotes. I just did a layout and I used Glue Dots . They show through some. Is there a better way to do this?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Becky Scraps

I always use brads & mini brads.

You can look through my Gallery for examples.

p.s. From time to time, I also sometimes slide em through my small X Xyron .
Products Referenced in This Post:

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

The Xyron . I didn't even think of that. I think I need to get a bigger one too. I only have the X and that wouldn't have been big enough. Thanks for the idea.

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland
In response to KellyCali

there is also velum adhesive that doesn't show through, but I am like KellyCali, I use brads and eyelets most of the time.

You could also use ribbon or photo corners or just make four slits to slide the quote corners into.

If you want to cover up the areas where the Glue Dots show through you could use stickers, flowers, buttons, or other embellishments over those areas...

HTH

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Sometimes I purposely have to cut them down, just to make em fit!

p.s. I would also do a test one, just so that you see what the final look it...sometimes I back em on cardstock and other times I let them show through...You'll see what I mean once you try it out!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to nancyhyland

I'm gonna have to try brads. I'm not a big eyelet fan. I have problems getting them to set. I also like the photo corner idea. Thanks.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• hiscrappergirl Said:
...You could also use ribbon or photo corners or just make four slits to slide the quote corners into. HTH

I forgot, but I agree...I've many times used em & photo corners do work especially great as well!

Note: They compliment many of the scripted printed fonts!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Thanks again. I've been thinking about getting a 250. I'll have to get one and do a little practicing. Or like you said cut them down to fit in my X.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Yes. I liked this idea to. I'm so glad I asked. I knew someone on here would be able to help me.

Edited by becky_d956 on 01-07-09 09:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• hiscrappergirl Said:
...If you want to cover up the areas where the Glue Dots show through you could use stickers, flowers, buttons, or other embellishments over those areas...

HTH

Bling too!...such as gems & rhinestones!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• becky_d956 Said:
Yes. I liked this idea to. I'm so glad I asked. I knew someone on here would be able to help me.

No problem!...Best of Luck!

Here's to using up your brad stash in no time!...

p.s. Keeping in mind, the faster you use em up, the faster you can buy yet even more! LOL!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • becky_d956 Said:

No problem!...Best of Luck!

Here's to using up your brad stash in no time!..p.s. Keeping in mind, the faster you use em up, the faster you can buy yet even more! LOL!

So true. I love shopping for scrapbooking stuff almost more than scrapbooking.

Edited by becky_d956 on 01-07-09 09:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

brads

New Kid On the Block

You can purchase colorless adhesive strips and they will not show through the vellum. I have used them many times and are perfect.

BusyBeeD
Tenant
BusyBeeD
In response to KellyCali

I have not seen Xyron and I need one. Looks like it would be fun to use.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to BusyBeeD

I just bought some of Glue Dot's vellum adhesive. I've heard good stuff about this, but have yet to try it out. I'm hoping it's as good as people say!

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to mariposa326

I found the vellum Glue Dots difficult and expensive. BTW, it's not like a normal Glue Dot--more like a rub on. It's not very tacky so you have to use a lot of it to make things stick (expensive) and it it's hard to see where you've applied it and where on the sheet there's more to put. Plus it takes a wee bit to apply it.

I really like sprays--Creative Imagination Scrapper's Spray is my fav. Totally invisible, quick and easy and lasts forever so it's fast and economical.

For lots more vellum tips and tricks and other printing stuff, visit my blog.

Stormgoddess
Resident
Stormgoddess
In response to scraperfect

I have used Frosted Splits available through Creative Memories and Scotch Vellum Tape available at Michaels and both work great! (at least for me)

grandmabear
Resident
grandmabear

I use Scotch vellum tape. I like it the best. I didn't like th dispenser one,It didn't always move like it should. They just improved the paper it's mounted on

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics