Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Scrap room paint color?        (Topic#1491747)
Matthews Wife
Expert
Matthews Wife
In response to Matthews Wife

OH! I just read the rest of the responses. It has never occured to me that the color of the walls can affect how you do your scrapbook pages! A very interesting thought! I know my Creative Memories Consultant has white walls in her big work room, never thought about it before.

Speaking of purple - do you see that I am wearing purple in my picture? I am an assistant trainer for a dog behavior group and that is the shirt we wear when we train dogs because dogs can see that color purple. It doesn't make them loopy though!

FutureRN22boys
Veteran
FutureRN22boys
In response to Matthews Wife

mine is pink and drown. It is more "done" than this pic but I haven't gotten new ones up yet.........
http://scrapbook.com/articles/tech/248.html

FutureRN22boys
Veteran
FutureRN22boys
In response to FutureRN22boys

sorry.........meant to do this..........
http://scrapbook.com/articles/tech/248.html

FutureRN22boys
Veteran
FutureRN22boys

okay....sry that didn't work either

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

my walls a light violet with a pale blue ceiling,

and I love my room!

I also read somewhere that purples are a creative color...

Tacomamommy
Resident
Tacomamommy
In response to mjmone

I'd really love to do red (not bright red but a little darker). But I was afraid it would be too dark. My room is in the basement and has only one window (one of those basement windows that sit in a half well). I really like the suggestion of doing one wall a wow color and the rest neutral. I'm sort of leaning toward that. I probably should have mentioned that the room will also be shared by the communal exercise equipment so I can't make it anything too girly or my husband will protest. The only color my dh has vetoed is lavendar. Our bedroom used to be a blueish lavendar and he says he's so over that, lol. You guys are getting me so excited. I just wish it would hurry up and get here. I'm going to take some in progress pics today for comparison (and scrapbooking) purposes.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-09-09 11:38 AM
In response to Tacomamommy

My scraproom is orange. It is a very energizing color. I really like it. Sadly I don't have any photos.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to CASBa

The room I scrap in most often (I don't have a scrap room, but I work in one of my extra bedrooms) is a light, soothing green with white trim. The color is called "cabbage" and it's a Waverly color that you can get at Lowes. I always feel so relaxed and calm in that room. Sometimes I fall asleep while I'm working, so you may not want the color to relax you that much. I'm sure what ever color you choose will be beautiful and inspiring.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to Coastie Wife

My room is in the basement and it's fairly dark.
...but I love it! I have some really good task lighting which is important wherever your room is.

I think it's important that YOU like it! Go dramatic if you like, everyone told me not to and so glad I didn't listen.

Find some colors that you like and paint a few different test spots on the wall.
It's works great whenever I'm trying something new. Even if you just do 1 wall or some accents in the dramatic color might make you happy.
Can't wait to see.

...you can check my gallery out for my colors.

Nejinmo
Tenant
Nejinmo
In response to Tacomamommy

My Scraproom is in my basement (can you say dark!)with one window, so I chose a very faint blue with an "outside" feel and ultra bright white trim. It goes with my "patriotic" red, white, & blue theme accents. I feel refreshed every time I enter; love it!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics