Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Flower Storage?        (Topic#1491803)
Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 01-09-09 04:23 AM

How do you store your flowers? What do you store them in? Do you store them in what they came in? By color?

I have a mix. I have quite a few bottles of Primas I have left them in the bottles. Most are a single color but I do have 2 that are mixs. Then I have some that came in a tin or can of some sort that I have left them in (these are mixed colors). Then I have primas that came in the plastic tubes that have the black cap on the bottom that doesnt always stay so well. So those I have moved to frappacino bottles. I left them In the groupins they came in but now I am debating sorting them out by color.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Hev

i store them by color in jars

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Jordannichole

I keep the jar Primas in the jars they come in....all others I have sorted by size in the Making Memories jars below.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 01-09-09 05:30 AM
In response to Jordannichole

I think I am leaning in that direction!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 01-09-09 05:32 AM
In response to Patti Sylvia

I think I am going to keep the bottles that come one color as is but probably seperate the ones with multiple colors and sort them by color. I have some flowers in the smaller mm bottles but I have the acm embellishment center so only have a few shelves they will fit on. I use the bottles on my lisa and becky rail system shelves as they fit better!

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to Hev

I sort mine by color and love it!! You can see them here.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to identicaltriplets

I don't have a lot of them. I have one container of small flowers in the original container and one McDonald's salad container that holds all the rest. I really like how the glass jars look, but I want to bring my flowers to crops so I don't want any glass and I need the containers to be transport friendly.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to johnsusan8

Mine are sorted in jars by color.

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke
In response to TripletMother

i have a divided drawer in a white cube from M's and I have flowers in the section of the drawer.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to iammaryburke

I keep all mine in a ziplock bag!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Richelle

Wow! Zippies! Very portable and easy to store!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

I store them in these jars. They don't get smashed or wrinked this way and they're within eyesight so I use them more.

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4

I do a similar thing with the ziplock baggies. I only have a scrap corner and very little storage space so I can't do the glass jars. I had all of on color in a sandwich sized ziplock and then stored them all in a gallon sized ziplock. I have reorganized them by size and color and put them into varying sized jewlery and snack sized ziplocks and then divided them by color in a rubbermaid plastic shoe box.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to TexasMomOf4

I sort mine by color. The primas that come in bottles stay in them. Others that did not come in a bottle get put into one. But I use recycled jars - like jelly, pickles, etc that I clean out and re-use.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to scrappycath

I'm thinking about using a spice rack for the small flowers and the small squat jelly jars for the big flowers. I don't have that many yet, but I make them myself, mostly, to am gathering a little collection.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 01-09-09 07:42 AM
In response to Jalynne

I don't currently have that many flowers so I can fit all of mine in one jar. I am going to buy some more today though and I think I will have to move it to 2 jars.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to CASBa

I use to store all mine in the mm jars but since we are moving and i am downsizing a bit I have them all in zippies until we can get a house and then back in the jars they go.I plan on going to storables or the container store or Ikea for those big cookie jars.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Briannasmom

I store all of my flowers, by color, in clear snap top containers that I bought at the Dollar Store. They were made for CD's to be stored in but they work GREAT for my flowers.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to JayAndXansMom

Mine are either in the containers they came in or in zip locks and they're all together in a pretty shopping bag...which is nearly full now. I only recently became obessesed with flowers and really don't have any place else to store them yet.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia

• johnsusan8 Said:
I don't have a lot of them. I have one container of small flowers in the original container and one McDonald's salad container that holds all the rest. I really like how the glass jars look, but I want to bring my flowers to crops so I don't want any glass and I need the containers to be transport friendly.

These MM jars are actually plastic....they do look like glass though....I was pleasantly suprised when I actually took them off the shelf at my lss....I expected them to be glass too.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics