Username Post: Looking to Make Monogram Stack Mini Book?        (Topic#1491821)
dcrim 
New Kid On the Block
  • dcrim on 01-09-09 07:21 AM

Hi! I'm new here to Scrapbooking.com....I've only just discovered your FANTASTIC site....I've played with scrapbooking on my own for years, but just recently was OFFICIALLY INSPIRED by a small chipboard monogram letter "stack" album/book that I saw being sold in a tea-shop for $MUCHO BUCKS$. The letters were shaped in overlapping graduated page-widths, sized so that the letters spelled out a word or name with the overlapping letters. It was bound very simply, using binder rings that hinge to open. I am wondering if there are any instructions out there for making such a wonderful thing as this? Or anyone who can give me some advice and pitfalls to avoid. I would love to make a special Valentines Day Keepsake for some girlfriends I am having a luncheon for. Thanks for your help!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to dcrim

Hi And welcome to sb.com ! A lot of the cricut owners/users make their own word books.

But you can also find some of the blank chipboard ones in the super store here.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Here are a few...
Products Referenced in This Post:

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to scrappycath

When you click on those links, underneath it will show you examples from the gallery of people who've made them. Maybe you could contact them directly with any questions? From what I've seen, most people cover each letter with a different patterened paper.

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to SuperAllyFan

I found it easiest to put adhesive on the letter, lay it down on the paper you want to use, then use a craft knife and glass mat to trim around the letter. Hope that helps some! They are a lot of fun to make!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics