Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How do I make scallops like this?        (Topic#1492841)
CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

I have seen several scrappers do this beautiful scalloped edge and I would love to know how to get this effect. Is there a template available? What I'm talking about is in Estee's layout, linked below. I couldn't embed it because public embedding was not available. Please look and see. Thank you in advance!

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/41587/view/ 1916033/-...

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to CraftyCandace

If I am not mistaken the paper comes that way

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to gg loves Matthew

Her background sheet of PP doesn't because that's the BG Urban Prairie line and I have it and it's normal. Unless they sell it cut that way and I just don't know about it. I'm wondering if she lays a sheet of paper that is cut that way on top of it and traces it and then cuts it.

iralamija
Guru
iralamija

there is a cricut cartridge that can cut the paper like that

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to iralamija

buy a sheet of paper in that shape and use it as a template. That's what i used to do before I got my pazzles which WILL cut it that way

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to iralamija

• iralamija Said:
there is a cricut cartridge that can cut the paper like that

do you know which because I thought there was only one for people who had the design studio?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to gg loves Matthew

You can definitely trace another piece. Making Memories has tons of papers in that shape. What I would do is grab one of those, trace it onto a piece of chipboard or shirtboard (a little thinner, usually white) and save it for a template.

GrammieAmmie
Guru
GrammieAmmie

I have seen this shape paper at Michaels! I don't know that I saw this particular one, but I know I have seen this shape and others for sale. I hope you can find it. It is awfully cute!

GrammieAmmie
Guru
GrammieAmmie
In response to iralamija

Really? I would love to know what cartridge can do this shape of paper. If you could let me know I will be most happy! Thank you!
Amber

dominicsmama
Veteran
dominicsmama
In response to GrammieAmmie

The cartridge that has a shape like that is accent essentials.

sibboo
sibboo 
Idol
sibboo
In response to dominicsmama

Isn't that shape on Storeybood cartridge as well? I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw it on the back o teh box at the store.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to sibboo

I bought a pp pack with pp like that in it, but then I used the pp to make my own template out of cereal box card and now I can use it on amy pps I have

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to SuperAllyFan

I used a sheet of the cardboard-like paper that came in a paper pack, traced the shape from a sheet of PP, and cut it out to make a template.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to mariposa326

i think there may be a template but i use deco edge scissors.

Edited by Jordannichole on 01-17-09 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Jordannichole

here's one:

The Crafter's Workshop - 12x12 Doodling Templates - Scallop Swirls

Edited by Jordannichole on 01-17-09 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to mariposa326

Crystal Jeffrey Rieger (A Memory Maker's Master) gave instructions on one of her blogs. She calls it something like decorative edge. HTH

Tagsmom
Diva
Tagsmom
In response to Rosita

Why not just pm Estee and ask her.?Just a thought

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to Tagsmom

There is a cricut cart that does it... but not sure which one, I know it's not one I have... I thought it was storyboook as well, but I could be wrong! Never thought about buying a sheet and using it as a template... alot cheaper than buying another cricut cart!! Thanks!

elombardo19
Guru
elombardo19
In response to SuperAllyFan

• SuperAllyFan Said:
I bought a pp pack with pp like that in it, but then I used the pp to make my own template out of cereal box card and now I can use it on amy pps I have

This is exactly what I did. I'm loving that paper shape and wanted to have the option anytime! I traced it to piece of thinner chipboard and then cut it out, now I have a template!

EsteeLynn
Diva
EsteeLynn
In response to Mimmy96

Hi! I think I can answer that question.

It is actually a piece of Jenni Bowlin paper that is shaped like that. I first traced the shaped paper onto the back side of a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper and cut it out. Then I cut off the colored edge of the Jenni Bowlin page and layered it on top of the Basic Grey paper.

OK... short answer, it was already that shape. There are lots of Making Memories papers as well as the Jenni Bowlin.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics