Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: making Circles        (Topic#1493031)
lena_nolegirl
Tenant
lena_nolegirl

What do you guys use to make circles? I was checking in the aisle today and there were like 30 choices on how to cut stuff in circles. some looked really confusing but I couldn't tell.

I was mostly wanting to be able to cut my photos in the shape of a circle. It would be nice if it was adjustable to different sizes......but I don't want to spend a million dollars on one either. lol

I want something REALLY easy to do as well, I'm not all that talented yet.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to lena_nolegirl

coluzzlI LOVE my Couzzle. You buy whatever shape templates you want-circle, tags, hearts, emvelopes, alphabets, ect. It takes a little getting used to but once you've got it, it's easy and inexpensive cause you buy each template seperatly.

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I too am a colluzle girl..easiest thing around, I have tried many other cutters and nothing else has worked for me..hth

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to cidscraps

I personally LOVE this system.

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to Fortunes Fool

I use the Creative Memories custom cutting system.

Sarahew88
Expert
Sarahew88
In response to chile_chicken

I like colluzle too, but I rarely use it. I always resort to old school. Just last night I used a wastebasket as a template. It was the perfect size and perhaps cutting it old school style is therapy for me. Slow and easy, nice and neat.

Then again, I am deployed and dont have a Hobby Lobby close by. I have the bare minimum of scrap supplies with me and use what I got on hand. Sometimes a wastebaskt, or a plastic bowl, or coffee cup....whatever is handy.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Sarahew88

I have the Ek Success and the coluzzle - Love the coluzzle!!!!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Sarahew88

I tried the colluzle and I would total ytell you to try it before you buy it. I could not get it.

I use Creative memories or old school.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Aumommie

I agree, I wasn't good with Coluzzle..I like my Creative Memories cutters.

kkurtz
kkurtz 
Expert
kkurtz
In response to scrappinmonkey

I love my Creative Memories Cutters!

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to scrappinmonkey

I agree with a few others about the Creative Memories system. I absolutely love it. Like anything, though, it takes a little bit of practice. And, my word of advice for it, before you lift the circle pattern off the picture or paper you're cutting, lift up the edges of the picture or paper to make sure it's cut all the way through so if it's not you can just run the blade around it again and it's in the same spot. If that makes sense...

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to ScrappE

Had and tried the Coluzzle, the main reason I did not like it is that even after cutting your circle you still have to snip the connections of the circle, which I didn't like.

I like and have the EK system posted above and using a glass mat with it. Just make sure you have a sharp blade too.

Edited by sbartist on 01-19-09 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 01-19-09 09:33 AM
In response to sbartist

I have the version Ek Success made before this one & love it. I tried the coluzzle, but also didn't like the fact that I had to cut by hand where the template didn't cut. I also was able to cut INTO the template too easily. So now when I try to use it, the blade wants to pop into the cut that was made in the template.
Products Referenced in This Post:

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to sbartist

• sbartist Said:
I like and have the EK system posted above and using a glass mat with it. Just make sure you have a sharp blade too.

I agree! I love my EK System and using the glass mat is a must! I was lucky and found the mat at a garage sale for $5.00. I love it and find myself using more circles than ever before.

Edited by nrthwdscrapper on 01-19-09 11:16 AM. Reason for edit: Ever does not end in a Y - doh!

KatyKatsMama
Pro
KatyKatsMama
In response to Fortunes Fool

• Traci L.S. Said:
I personally LOVE this system.

ditto on the Ek Success Cutting System!

Edited by KatyKatsMama on 01-19-09 01:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

papersilly
Idol
papersilly
In response to KatyKatsMama

Here's another vote for the Ek Success cutting system.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to papersilly

Ditto, ditto, ditto on the Ek Success system, love it!!!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to chile_chicken

• chile_chicken Said:
I use the Creative Memories custom cutting system.

ditto. I've tried all the others and for me this is the easiest; no glass mat to buy either.

chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam
In response to Sunnydi

I am a new scrapper and find the creative memories cutting system works the best for me.

carrievision
Veteran
carrievision
In response to chris_tam

I have the We R Memory Keepers circle cutter. It requires a magnetic cutting mat, but I already had the BasicGrey magnetic mat and I didn't want to buy a glass mat, so it was a good choice for me! It's also much more compact because it's only one piece to keep track of!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics