Username Post: Need album recommendations        (Topic#1493341)
New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone...I'm new to the forums here, and I was wondering if I could ask all my fellow scrappers for advice...

I am in the process of putting together my wedding scrapbook and I HATE the 12x12 album I bought. It is by Martha Stewart and besides the fact that it does not have top-loading pages (which I find most easy to work with), the posts are impossible to remove, with poor-quality screws that don't come out that are coated in a fake metal paint that has chipped all over the binding.

Long story short, I'm looking for a postbound linen or leather 12x12 album, preferably with a photo frame on the front so I could put in a small wedding photo, with a title frame on the spine. Looking for a white or off-white color. ANY advice or recommendations would be much appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Mrs. Tristan
Queen
Mrs. Tristan
In response to CalypsoMoo

They have this BEAUTIFUL one at Target!!!!!!! great quality and great price... check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Mrs. Tristan

I just purchased some Making Memories albums that are faux leather and I am very happy. They have velcro that hides the posts (which makes me happy), the spines are a single piece that fits into the front and back covers so you don't get holes in the spine. The albums come in other colors that aren't listed here as well. They are top loading, and Making Memories has some of the best customer service around.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by homesclscrapper on 01-21-09 12:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 01-21-09 12:59 PM
In response to Nancy Keslin

Although it doesn't sound like what you are looking for, I thought I would share my thoughts! I bought this album from this site for my wedding album, and I think it is awesome! I like it because it is different from all of my others, so it stands out on the shelf!

Rachel
Products Referenced in This Post:

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to Rae_M

I really like the Making Memories albums. That's what I mostly buy. They have leather and linen albums.
You could also check out the CTMH line, they carry both as well.

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 01-21-09 06:34 PM
In response to gayle3131

I also have those MM leather albums in Red and converted the post to the snapload system.

Nejinmo
Tenant
Nejinmo
In response to Kiber

I know you are looking for a top-loader but just an FYI... Creative Memories guarantee's all of their albums for life! And the great thing about strap binding is that if you're anything like me, I am constantly re-arranging my albums to go in chronological order when I come across old photos. Like I said, just an FYI. Good luck!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CalypsoMoo

Thanks for all of your recommendations!!! In the end I decided to go with one of the We R Memory Keepers Leather 3-ring albums for my wedding scrapbook. It's top loading and I figure with the 3-ring the pages will lay flat, which is great. They don't have it in white, but they did have a nice cobalt blue which was one of our wedding colors, so that works out. I can't wait to get it! Thanks again for your advice.

Edited by CalypsoMoo on 02-10-09 07:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics