Username Post: Cuttlekids...can I use Cuttlebug dies?        (Topic#1493405)
Resident

I bought my 8yo DD a Cuttlekid machine for Christmas, along with a few of the Cuttlekid die sets. It's adorable.

Can I use any of the Cuttlebug dies and embossing plates? I saw some at Joanne that look like they'd fit...they are narrower than some of the others.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to stepnut

Only the smaller ones and with different cutting mats I think. The mats that came with the Cuttlekids is too thick to use with the regular dies.

Just get yourself the big Cuttlebug die machine. You won't regret it if you're already loving the Cuttlekids stuff.

I love their animal sets. Gotta get that Penguin! Fairy Alphabets is also one of my favorites.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Vivian loves BLING

The cuttlekids dies fit the cuttlebug machine, right?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Diva Scraps

Yes. Cuttlekids also work in my Sidekick as long as I use a thick piece of chipboard to make up the different in thickness.

The multipurpose Platform shows how to use the thinner dies like Cuttlekids and QuicKutz and Spellbinders.

You'd need the System Converter with the old Sizzix Press Machine.

Cuttlebug of course works with everything but the long full sized Sizzix dies.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps

I've been veering away from buying cuttlekids dies (I bought DD a cuttlebug for Christmas) because I didn't know if they worked or not. I am gonna pick some up on Sunday now...yay! lol

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Diva Scraps

I love my Cuttlekids dies. Check out the Cuttlebug website to see all the fun dies.

So far my collect contains both the Tadpole and Fairy alpha sets, Hamilton the dog, Milton the frog, Xavier the money, Ian the pig, Puppy love set, Transportation set, Space set, Dinosaur set, beach set, and the Happy Numbers set.

Trying to find locally the penguin and some others. They're fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Love em here too & ultimately the reason that we ended up with both!

OllieStar
Tenant
OllieStar
In response to KellyCali

I agree with Vivian - get yourself the cuttlebug as well, so you can get all the different products. I LOVE the embossing folders, and the folder + die sets are really great too. They are relatively inexpensive on sale, as sb tools go, and very versatile. Also, I have found the best selection online, so keep your eyes out for all the new stuff.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to OllieStar

my WM had all their cuttle kids on sale- I bought EVERY animal I could find! I've got the dog, cat, turtle, elephant, pig, monkey, frog, butterfly, the dino set, cat set, car set, pirate set, flower set, the fairy alpha, tadpole alpha, dog set, birthday set, & space set. LOVE them and I got them SUPER cheap! I need to find that penguin! If I find it I'll get ya one too Viv.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stepnut

I've enjoyed the Cuttlebug more than any machine I've used. Still learning to use the Cricut Expressions. I bought my grandson a Cuttlekids for Christmas. Wanting him to use the wonderful Cuttlebug die cuts and small embossing folders, I read the blogs and I bought a package of small Sizzix cutting pads--2 in a package for only $2.99 at Michaels. I found that I could use one of those pads with a Cuttlekids B pad in the Cuttlekids with Cuttlebug die cuts, and with the small Cuttlebug embossing folders with great success.

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to ginger31

• ginger31 Said:
I've enjoyed the Cuttlebug more than any machine I've used. Still learning to use the Cricut Expressions. I bought my grandson a Cuttlekids for Christmas. Wanting him to use the wonderful Cuttlebug die cuts and small embossing folders, I read the blogs and I bought a package of small Sizzix cutting pads--2 in a package for only $2.99 at Michaels. I found that I could use one of those pads with a Cuttlekids B pad in the Cuttlekids with Cuttlebug die cuts, and with the small Cuttlebug embossing folders with great success.

Oh wow thanks for the tip...I had no idea. My daughters have a Cuttlekids and I have the Cuttlebug...we love them both. I never thought of trying their dies in my bug. Can the Sizzix Big Kick dies be used in the Cuttlebug?

I love the embossing plates.....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics