Page 1 of 4408 
Username Post: The Sheilas Postcard Circle Journal-Full/Active        (Topic#1493595)
knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334

Hi All,

I am new to the site and love it already. I am making a lot of new friends from all over the world which made me think of this idea for a Circle Journal.

Here's the idea! Let's create a journal that is passed around to all that sign up. The theme will be using Postcards from wherever we live with some insight into what you like best about where you live, something unique about your area, maybe even why you chose to live where you do. I think we can all learn a lot about each other this way.

Because I am new and don't know much about doing this, please feel free to make suggestions.

Shoot me a PM with any questions or respond to this thread to sign up.

Hope to hear from you!

Kristin

Edited by knl334 on 02-26-09 07:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to knl334

Thanks for all the PM's with great questions and ideas! We now have a pretty solid idea of how we will do this, so here is the plan:

Each member must supply their own journal, it can be anything from an altered chipboard journal with pages, a mini paper book or a simple composition book (around $1.00 at Target or Wal-Mart) *To keep costs down when shipping, the journal should be no larger than 8 1/2 x 11.

Once we have all of our members set and everyone has their books ready to go out, I will build a schedule of who each of you send your book to and in what order. Depending on how many members we have, that will determine how many times the journal is sent around and how may pages you will need in your book. Each journal will be sent to all members. Because life happens I think we should be open to extending time if needed to make sure each group member gets their page touched and decorated by every group member, rather than having someone drop out because of lack of time. In this case each member can PM me when needing more time and I will keep track of where they are.

The Theme will simply be Postcards. The idea is to purchase postcards from where you live and use those to decorate someone’s pages and tell each member something about where you live, what is unique about your hometown or what you love to do there. You may use anything to decorate your pages such as: pictures, doodles, embellishments, stickers, inks, chalks, stamps, journaling, you name it!

You will have one month to complete two pages and be expected to ship the journal onto the next member in a timely manner. We should all stop by and check in at least once every two weeks.

Anyone planning on joining the group can start to decorate, embellish or alter the front cover of their book so it's ready to go. To keep things straight, everyone should include their name and address and Scrapbook.com screen-name on the inside or backside cover.
The group can determine on when to upload pictures to show everyone’s work, weather in the end or each time a journal is completed and passed on.
I will close this group to new members in two weeks and we will start the circle in one month.

Please PM me with any further questions. If you have no further questions, please respond to this thread to sign up officially. I will then PM you with additional details and contact information.
So a few updates
1. Each member should design/decorate their own two pages before sending out thier book to the first person.
2. Let's add a signature page to the back of our books, so we can all keep in touch with each other after the journal circles.

A Means I have received your Q&A with Address and Contact information. If you have not sent that to me, please do so as soon as possible.
Our Members so far:
1.PinkySue (Kellie)- Arizona
2.GrammieAmmie (Amber)- Washington State
3.Imbayliesmom (Meg)- Elkins,Arkansas
4.Pliead1 (Melissa)- Rochester, MN
5.mom2lfh (Connie) - Waco,Texas
6.txerica (Erica)- Texas
7.knl334 (Kristin)- Orange County, CA
8.sopa1954 (Toni)- Norfolk, NY
9.Lamoo12 (Melanie) -North Chili, NY
10.dianapena8 (Diana)- Chicago, IL
11.Scrappygayle (Gayle) - Wales,UK
12.nicolemichelle (Nicole)- NYC
13.kirkkevinsmom (Joyce)-Jerome, PA
14.Robun (Rob or Robun)- Australia
15.Scraptastic Mom (Julie)-Minnesota
16.Scrappin-Debbi (Debbi) - Michigan
17.Loribee#1 (Lori)- Spokane, WA

Please have your Journals done by FEBRUARY 11TH, so we can all start to ship them and have them start arriving between FEBRUARY 14TH-19TH.
*LOOK FOR A PM FROM ME WITH A SHORT Q&A THAT MUST BE FILLED OUT BEFORE WE START. THANKS!

* I will keep adding updates to this page so we can always find the information we need.

Talk to you all soon,

Kristin

Edited by knl334 on 04-12-09 10:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

Sounds like so much! I'm definatly in! Thanks for including me.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

Yeah! you're the first one! Thanks for signing up, I'll keep you posted.

Edited by knl334 on 01-24-09 09:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GrammieAmmie
Guru
GrammieAmmie
In response to knl334

I want to be a part of this too! It sounds like a lot of fun!
Thank you,
Amber

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to GrammieAmmie

Kristin-count me in! This sounds like a lot of fun!!

Pliead1
Diva
Pliead1
In response to imbayliesmom

OMG! SOUNDS SO FUN!!!
Can't wait to do this! Thanks Kristin!

I'll figure out what book I'll use, and get ready for the fun!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to Pliead1

OK, I'm in. I'll have to start thinking of some nice things to say about Waco, Texas. LOL

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to mom2lfh

I am definitely in! What a fantastic idea and thanks for inviting me!

As a suggestion, I like to make mini albums using binder rings to secure them. If you can use binder rings to secure your album, each person can just add their pages as we go, and they're won't be a limit as to how thick your book gets.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to txerica

Yeah!

I'll add you all and keep you posted. I'll be working on my book as well:)

*One detail I thought of after and I will add it to the top, is we should all add our own areas two pages so each person that gets our book learns something about us as well, what do you think?

Talk to you soon!

Kristin

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to txerica

Using rings sounds like a wonderful idea! I may use that too:)

Edited by knl334 on 01-25-09 08:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to knl334

BTW- I have been to Waco and saw a cow fall on some ice into a water way...any chance they have a postcard of that:)

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

I love the binder ring idea...and starting with our own pages. I can't wait to get started!

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

How does everyone feel about posting our real names next to our screen names? I can add them to the front page if all are okay with it.

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to knl334

I am totally fine with you posting my name. This sounds like fun...there is a lot to say about Fayetteville, Arkansas. Hmmmm.....get ready for some RAZORBACK stuff!

Talk to you all soon!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to knl334

Count me in. This sounds like fun.

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to Martica

Yeah! Welcome!!!

I'll add you to the list, thanks for joining the group:)

Okay Meg, get ready for some trash talk from a USC Fan:)

PinkySue
Diva
PinkySue
In response to knl334

Go Cards! All the way to a Super Bowl victory! I'm not really a football fan, but I've caught the fever... I am, after all, an Arizona girl. lol

knl334
knl334 
Diva
knl334
In response to PinkySue

I so want the Cards to win! They deserve it!

imbayliesmom
Idol
imbayliesmom
In response to knl334

I am also a HUGE Eagles fan, so I was real disappointed that the Cardinal's beat them, but I am totally rooting for the Cards. They deserve it, I agree.

Page 1 of 4408 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics